Turn on thread page Beta

TOM CRUISE AND THE WATER PISTOL watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so i read that Tom Cruise is thinking of sueing those people who fired a water pistol at him. Does that mean that if i was fired at by somebody i could sue them too................... we cant even get "chavs" locked up for beating people caught on CCTV camera and yet this guy thinks he can sue someone for firing at him with a water pistol....................... jeeez!

ReputationRep:
    Although I don't really agree with that guy who squirted the water pistol at him I think taking legal action may be abit too far. But I guess if someone did it to me for a tv show I'd want them to spend the rest of their days crawling and squirming around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saagar)
    Although I don't really agree with that guy who squirted the water pistol at him I think taking legal action may be abit too far. But I guess if someone did it to me for a tv show I'd want them to spend the rest of their days crawling and squirming around!
    My point is that i wouldnt be able to sue someone if they did it to me- so why does Tom Cruise get special treatment. I thinks its completely stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    My point is that i wouldnt be able to sue someone if they did it to me- so why does Tom Cruise get special treatment. I thinks its completely stupid!

He gets special treatment because he's a special person. He's not your average joe, the world of superstardom is completely different to yours or mine.

ReputationRep:
    Surely we can sue them on the ground of assault or humiliation suffered? I mean if I was in front of 1000's of people I'd feel so embaressed I'd wanna run away, crawl up and hide.

ReputationRep:
    Surely we can sue them on the ground of assault or humiliation suffered? I mean if I was in front of 1000's of people I'd feel so embaressed I'd wanna run away, crawl up and hide.
    embarassing people isnt a crime though.

ReputationRep:
    but you suffer mentally, maybe sue for truama......!! this is getting ridiculous isn't it

ReputationRep:
    but you suffer mentally, maybe sue for truama......!! this is getting ridiculous isn't it
    If he does sue them i reckon he's gonna get cained in the newspapers, and he used to be regarded for being a nice guy>>>>>> not anymore

ReputationRep:
    well thats the job of the tabloids. I mean if it were an english star in america getting squirted i think the papers might support them. I just think its hard on him to be humiliated like that. I think sueing them will obviously be his way of getting his way back and clearing the embaressment.

ReputationRep:
    It's a water pistol, he should laugh and go stand near a dryer.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone could sue.

It's just that Tom Cruise can afford the type of Lawyer who would win such a stupid case.

With that said, Bill Gates didn't take legal action when he was cream pied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Anyone could sue.

It's just that Tom Cruise can afford the type of Lawyer who would win such a stupid case.

With that said, Bill Gates didn't take legal action when he was cream pied.

http://www.jmusheneaux.com/WINDOWS/G...IE_0011_02.jpg

haha :toofunny:

when was that?

ReputationRep:
    Forgive my evil foreigner law, but don't you have to have some sort of LOSS before you can sue someone for a tort?

ReputationRep:
    Tom Cruise dealt very well with the situation. If the same thing had happened to me id have grabbed the twit by the balls and dragged him off.

ReputationRep:
    i think its stupid. there are sooo many ciminal offences which have no consqequences for the offender... and then tom cruise wants to sue for such a petty issue!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the case, I think taking legal action will dampen his image more than the water.

*chortles at crappy pun*

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find it funny that he said - reassuringly - that he didnt take that 'jerk' as representative of the UK as a whole!...........

As if we'd be worried that he would!!! Arrogant little man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Tom Cruise dealt very well with the situation. If the same thing had happened to me id have grabbed the twit by the balls and dragged him off.
    Hello Mr. Internet Toughguy.

Anyway, clearly Cruise needs to sue someone to drum up the funds to progress to the next stage of Scientology. Only by becoming OT-27 can he adequately battle Xenu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferret_messiah)
    Scientology
    My main objection to it is how anyone could trust a "religious leader" who looks like a Star Trek alien:

ReputationRep:
    He had every right to do what he did. I found it pretty humourous. Didn't he say something like, thats just not nice/polite

Legal action may be taking it too far though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.