Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    our school woz really stupid, and when we had our french reading paper we were put into a french room with loads of the words we needed all over the walls coz it was our old classroom and wed stuck our revision on the walls. and the strangest thing was that the invigilators never even noticed it!!!!! that is amazing!!!! they were sooooo unobservent!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    On our French oral test, my teacher kept trying to make hand getures to give hints on what we were supposed to say but they weren't very good gestures and after every single question you could he me whispering "What?!" and it got sent off to the examiners and they never seemend to notice!

ReputationRep:
    I always thought It would be quite amusing to take a red pen into the exam with you and mark your own paper.....you know.....just to save the examiner the trouble......

ReputationRep:
    but wat if u mark urself too highly and then the examiner is like....excuse me but ur not that clever and u get a crap mark? only a what if.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seifer)
    I always thought It would be quite amusing to take a red pen into the exam with you and mark your own paper.....you know.....just to save the examiner the trouble......
    Yeh, it's so tempting to fill in the marking table on the front of the exam..

ReputationRep:
    The trick is to get at the exam papers after the exam and simply change the name on the front of someone elses (preferably someone smarter than you) to your name. Ofcource you will probably still end up getting caught and being disqualified from every exam you've taken.

ReputationRep:
    "Yup, a good 5/5 for me there....... oh look got this one right. So easy this exam marking malarky"

ReputationRep:
    German exams were the worst. For the aural our teacher was miming and giving us hints and for the listening we were in a german room! And we had things like basic preposition and words on the wall (which were actually quite useful!)

I like the water bottle idea! I suppoe you could get away with it if you wrote really small! Maybe your ciould write itin code or something hmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    in my french oral, my teacher was just about to ask the unpredicted question when he picked up my prep card andpointed to my name, and he asked, in french, for my personal details, and after i had said that he did the whole telepone sign, however i messed up later and said i had 10, yes 10, the only number i could think of except for 100 and 50, buses, i said cars instead of voitures, or whatever they are

ReputationRep:
    One of my sisters mates reckons you could cheat by keeping a load of notes hidden in the school toilets and while in the exam to ask if they could go! I'm not sure if this would actually happen in theory though...

ReputationRep:
    in my french oral, my teacher was just about to ask the unpredicted question when he picked up my prep card andpointed to my name, and he asked, in french, for my personal details, and after i had said that he did the whole telepone sign, however i messed up later and said i had 10, yes 10, the only number i could think of except for 100 and 50, buses, i said cars instead of voitures, or whatever they are
    You could probably get that correct actually because cars are coaches I think!

ReputationRep:
    sorry some of these suggestions are really really stupid. i mean how much of your entire physics syllabus can you fit onto your waterbottle sticker or the palm of your hand?! like two lines. you might as well memorise it. it would take about three seconds.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the best way of cheating, (not that I've tried, but seen), is by writing in pencil something on your calculator. You turn your calculator facing you in your see through pencilcase and look at it when you need. For sure, you can't write an essay, but the occassional help like intrusive and extrusive rocks is helpful or how to write yours sincerely, (which i learnt! for french) = Je vous pris d'agréer Monsieur/Madame, l'expression de mes sentiments distingués. and yes i am doing french next year, how did you guess

ReputationRep:
    lol, once i was in the biology mock exam and i brought in my water and i was stuck on a question so i started to panic (i know i shouldn't of but hey now i know :P) anyways i started to drink my water and on the label it says why drinking water is important like hydrating body..etc and i was like YES! Because the question was similar to why water is needed..etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well a history exam my dad was invigilating in, a lad went out for a toilet break near the beginning, and got his older sister to come sit the exam for him. (She was a year older and they were both dark and pretty similar looking) ... have a feeling he was found out though

ReputationRep:
    lol! how similar looking were they for them to think that they could get away with it? we're not allowed water bottles...someone had 1 yesterday and it got taken away to be examined...our invigilators are tooo observant.

ReputationRep:
    Well i wrote all of the Physice equation onb the inside of my pencil case, and then i sat next to the deputy head girl and copied her. i also had notes and went to the toilet to use them.

ReputationRep:
    There was a guy in my school last year sent txt messages to people asking for the answers, he did it in a few exams until he dropped his phone and got disqualified, serves him right if you ask me though.

ReputationRep:
    Cheating is an art form. Cheating is simple.

Here are some of the methods I used.

Maths and Science - pencil in notes on to calculator.
    French and German - write key phrases or even all your work in a dictionary for controlled coursework.

Any - write notes in chewing gum wrappers
    - write notes on the gum itself
    - take a crib sheet in to the exam in your palm slide it under the paper or in it somewhere.
    - Write on one side of your rubber.
    - Write notes on the label of a bottle of water or inside it, so you can see through.

ReputationRep:
    i've found that had I wanted to cheat it'd have been very easy. I took my purse into every exam in my see through pencil case which I though was ironic. I could have put notes in that. They're not particulaly strict, In the french listening I could see peoples papers easy, just by glancing up. I think it depends on honesty, unfortunatly a few people aren't and that would undermine the grades of others.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.