Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for the medicine thingy, ive been told that many unis dont like people doing all science subjects, eg maths, furthermths, chem bio nd physics, it makes them think u cant do anything else. a few of my sisters friends who did these found it difficult to get offers from unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    for the medicine thingy, ive been told that many unis dont like people doing all science subjects, eg maths, furthermths, chem bio nd physics, it makes them think u cant do anything else. a few of my sisters friends who did these found it difficult to get offers from unis
    :eek: not gud not gud. but i spose i only wanna do a maths degree so i mite b ok!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    yeh, they like logic and creativity :rolleyes: . well it doens't really matter as long as you can proof the stuff you do outside the school

ReputationRep:
    Here's an original one, my mate has a Ultraviolet pen, and the ink cant be seen when you write on your arm, but to see it, all you gotta do is press the button on the other end of the pen and scan ur arm

he didnt actually do this, cuz he's clever enough anyway. On another note, if you hav a grievance in your family during exams you get % added on im sure, anyone know how much it is?

ReputationRep:
    for your information 'cinderella' some people find gcses hard and just because you don't and you get 100% in every exam, it doesn't mean you should boast about it.
    "Pride comes before the fall" don't let yourself have a fall or a dreaded A may be on the cards.
    If you are so intelligent go and study in your basement for you PhD early.

btw I think universities like you to do sciences as I know a lot of doctors who are family friends and they say the variation isn't in your school subjects, but what else you do, i.e Duke of Edinburgh

you get 5% for close family death
    4%for car accident
    3%for recent break (bone)
    2%for old break or pet death
    hope it helps! P.S don't think fish count so don't try it!!

ReputationRep:
    What about if you've had a death in the family and you're unable to sit any of your exams? Would they be able to accept your mock grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterStorm)
    What about if you've had a death in the family and you're unable to sit any of your exams? Would they be able to accept your mock grades?
    no because it's not an official assessment,
    you would be given the % gain, but would you really fell like doing it?
    I think, just like if you're ill they'll let you do it at another point,
    when you've gotten over it

ReputationRep:
    [quote]the only degree course that really requires 2 A level subjects [/quote.

Computer Science - maths and physics.

for your information 'cinderella' some people find gcses hard and just because you don't and you get 100% in every exam, it doesn't mean you should boast about it.
    "Pride comes before the fall" don't let yourself have a fall or a dreaded A may be on the cards
    Don't want to start and argument here but not being able to do GCSES doesn't make cheating okay.

2%for old break or pet death
    Damn.. my guinea pig did die 4 days before geog paper 1, made no difference anyway

Its a bit ridiculous though, getting all these extra percentages. Okay, if your parents die then fair enough. But 2-3% for having broken a bone?!?

ReputationRep:
    she had 4 "mickymous" subjects (sociology, german, geography and english lit)
    :eek: How are german, geography and english lit micky mouse subjects!!! Only sociology is out of those 4, all the others are traditional subjects.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i know a wicked way of cheating... they will never know it as well.....
    REVISE. REVISE. REVISE. it is the only way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Now they care about points, the only degree course that really requires 2 A level subjects is medicine (chem and bio) thats it, you can get into a law degree without anything specific. My sister got into royal holloway to do a science based degree and she had 4 "mickymous" subjects (sociology, german, geography and english lit)
    How are german and english lit mickey mouse subjects?? Especially english lit!! So if you're not taking all sciences you're taking really easy a levels!! Someone good at the sciences would probably fail english lit. And art as well, art isn't an easy a level, the amount of work involved is unbelievable. What an odd attitude, uni's won't accept people who are taking subjects around one area - they'll want a bit of diversity - the sciences aren't any better or harder than the arts.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure whether i should be ashamed or proud of the fact that i've tried, and gotten away with, using almost all of the cheating techniques mentioned in this post in my gcses... but that was two years ago when i was going through my rebellious teenager stage. i wouldn't dare do it for my A levels!

ReputationRep:
    she had 4 "mickymous" subjects (sociology, german, geography and english lit)
    What they all said! German and Lit are very hard (lit especially) and geog is just as challenging as any other proper gcse.

I can think of alot more mickey mouse subjects than those... travel and tourism for one (no offence if you do it - but AQA's past papers looks a bit... simple)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    How are german and english lit mickey mouse subjects?? Especially english lit!! So if you're not taking all sciences you're taking really easy a levels!! Someone good at the sciences would probably fail english lit. And art as well, art isn't an easy a level, the amount of work involved is unbelievable. What an odd attitude, uni's won't accept people who are taking subjects around one area - they'll want a bit of diversity - the sciences aren't any better or harder than the arts.
    A lot of people seem to think they are, not my words mate. As ive argued so often before, everything requires specific skills, i personally dont think anything is a mickeymouse subject

ReputationRep:
    u also get 1% extra for a headache! - easy to fake - i used to do it to get out of jobs around da home!! tee hee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trish xx)
    u also get 1% extra for a headache! - easy to fake - i used to do it to get out of jobs around da home!! tee hee
    It is easy to fake yes. This chav girl in the maths exam gave the invigilator a note saying her dog had died :rolleyes: hmmmmm yeah right, i dont think she even has a dog, just trying to cheat some extra marks on to her maths i reckon. Could be wrong but im pretty sure shes lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    A lot of people seem to think they are, not my words mate. As ive argued so often before, everything requires specific skills, i personally dont think anything is a mickeymouse subject
    If you don't think then you shouldn't say, leave it to those who think it to say. I just had to put straight english lit and german are not mickey mouse, that all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Corleone)
    One of my mates wrote small notes on the ingredients part of his spring water bottle (which we are allowed to have present with us in the exam) - It was well funny he had important points about poems written on his water bottle... Ingenious!!! of course exam invigilators would never notice But, I wouldn't recommend this as they could randomly pick it up and examine it... But, it is possible to give urself an unfair advantage, sure

lmao i was thinking about that whilst in there, you could maybe reprint the lable or something? i spent so long just starring at my bottle that it only seemed logical that would be possible to do, id never try it tho, risk is too great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    If you don't think then you shouldn't say, leave it to those who think it to say. I just had to put straight english lit and german are not mickey mouse, that all.
    I know, there are just so many people you say that the only A levels that are really worth anything are Maths and the sciences, sad i know. It was on the news about how less and less people are choosing maths and sciences, and there is more popularity around the less important subjects like blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    how did we get onto mickey mouse subjects from ways to cheat on ur GCSEs???????

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.