Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know a specific list of things that actually have a chance of coming up on the foundation exam? im currently using bitesize revising some bullshi about generating electricty, but shi't like that dont come up, i know it dont cos i revised complicated shi't for chemistry and biology and pre school shi't came up... so i repeat does anyone know a specific list of things that actually have a chance of coming up on the foundation exam?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Mate... For sure, these will def come up, (IN AQA FOR SURE):
    Topic = ELECTRICITY:
    - Current - Voltage graphs for: Filament lamp, constant temp resistor (component), Diode... Erm, also def need to know equation: P.D = IxR and I=V/R and R=V/I
    Ok, you also need to know about the UK MAINS supply which is a.c (alternating current) and cells and batteries give out direct current (d.c)... Erm... for foundation dunno what else for elec... prob wiring of a plug and materials that insulate and conduct and earthing appliences and circuit breaking...
    -----
    Topic = Forces and Motion:
    know formulae of acceleration, speed/velocity and PE (m x g.f.s x h)
    Need to know also force diagrams, like acceleration, reaction, vertical acceleration, unbalanced forces etc etc... need to know friction, stopping distances for cars, resultant force and terminal velocity... u wont need to know moments (thats HT)
    Topic = Outer Space:
    Life cycle of a star...
    Link between Super nova and Neutron Star
    Creation theories (steady state and big bang)
    know about big crunch, and expansion of universe (links with big bang)
    know that redshift is indicative of expanding universe and galaxies getting further apart
    also know planet and suns...
    HERE IS A RHYME OF ORDER OF PLANETS:
    My Very Energetic Aunt (Asteroids) Just Swam Under North Pier
    Mercury, Venus, Earth, Asteroids, Jupirer, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto
    Know about comets and asteroids/metorites (not same thing btw)
    Comets have very eleptical orbits which speed up as get closer to sun due to gravity
    ERM THATS ABOUT IT CBA TO GO ONTO ENERGY TRANSFER AND RADIOACTIVITY N **** M8, BUT HOPE THAT HELPS

ReputationRep:
    OH YEAH AND SATILLITES U NEED TO KNOW ABOUT

ReputationRep:
    cheers man this is good *****, this is the simplistic **** for sure...

ReputationRep:
    lol, its **** thats for sure but don't worry it'll be piss easy

ReputationRep:
    Ok Mr Physics, tell me how the engineer can stop the aeroplane becoming charged
    (1 mark)

and

Suzi has a nulon carpet in her room
    She wears acrylic slippers and walks on the carpet
    When she touches an earthed metal radiator she gets an electric shock
    Explain why Suzy gets an electric shock
    (4marks)

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Ok Mr Physics, tell me how the engineer can stop the aeroplane becoming charged
    (1 mark)

and

Suzi has a nulon carpet in her room
    She wears acrylic slippers and walks on the carpet
    When she touches an earthed metal radiator she gets an electric shock
    Explain why Suzy gets an electric shock
    (4marks)

lol

they aint gonna ax you this **** in the exam are they? is it some **** to do with electron particles reaffriming themselves or cos the metal is a conductor.. this **** is wack crazy for sure..

ReputationRep:
    well they will ask you stuff like this in exam. They arent just gonna ask you straight questions. Science questions are usually tricky and should be dealt with logic.

ReputationRep:
    trust me they wont, i did chemistry and biology and it was like join the dots *****. also i bet you my A stars in english, maths, it, re, geography, french etc will defy the logical means of existence when employees chose to lose the poorly educated, so who need to be eradicated like those who cross my path, may end up in a BLOOD BATH, get me izzy, foshizzy you a buffalo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadlikeYaz_buff)
    trust me they wont, i did chemistry and biology and it was like join the dots *****. also i bet you my A stars in english, maths, it, re, geography, french etc will defy the logical means of existence when employees chose to lose the poorly educated, so who need to be eradicated like those who cross my path, may end up in a BLOOD BATH, get me izzy, foshizzy you a buffalo...
    ^Trying to understand what he is talking about is trickier than any gcse :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StriatedCentipe)
    ^Trying to understand what he is talking about is trickier than any gcse :confused:
    who axed for your substantially impartial yet seemingly impractical views on the state of this great multicultural environment yet equally racially segregated planet we call earth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadlikeYaz buff)
    who axed for your substantially impartial yet seemingly impractical views on the state of this great multicultural environment yet equally racially segregated planet we call earth?
    shush u idiot.lol.

ReputationRep:
    only joking badya...whatever your name is

btw izzy, how do they prevent the plane from building a charge? Do you mean when it's flying or when it's refuelling?

SC

ReputationRep:
    when is flying. i dont know.lol. i know that when the fuelling they just make the nozzle out of metal so that charge doesnt build up and conducts. i dont know about the thing when it is flying.

ReputationRep:
    your not taking time to properly address me proves ignorance, perhaps racially motivated, perhaps not, but one thing is for sure, IN AFRICAN TRIBES THERE IS THE HUNTING OF BUFFALO, THE DRINKING OF MANGO, AND NONE OF THIS STUDENT ROOM GCSE ****, AFTER FRIDAY I WILL ONCE AGAIN GO TO THE AFRICAN JUNGLE AND RETURN TO THE HOME OF ALL. YOU ARE FROM AFRICA AS WELL YOU KNOW, SO DONT BE IGNORANT...

ReputationRep:
    :confused: when did the buffalo come into this? or mangoes?

leave the buffaloes out of it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    when is flying. i dont know.lol. i know that when the fuelling they just make the nozzle out of metal so that charge doesnt build up and conducts. i dont know about the thing when it is flying.
    ooh ok that's alright then hehe

ReputationRep:
    lol, leave africa out of this. my nigerian friends from brixton will kick **** out of u, idiot.lol.

ReputationRep:
    If you go to the exam boards website you cane print off what you need to know for your exam. I did it for the double science exam and it really helped

ReputationRep:
    HOW WILL YOU AND YOUR MANS COPE WITH THE WHOLE OF THE IVORY COAST? enough of this chitter chat, this and that, this and jay, dissin jay will get you massed...i am off to africa to revise tha atomic structure of a falling object

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.