Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My teacher would not help us one tiny little bit

We had to do it totally on our own and were not allowed to take it home.

I think I did ok in it though! I hope so anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    good luck tomorrow people!! Read those passages at least twice and underline all the important details!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so on the boundary. I hate being on the boundary. 237 at AS then a mid-B U5 and 41/42 in the cswk so I need around 77% in each new A2 paper for an A. That's not gonna happen after not acing U7 like I'd hoped. All depends on the title I reckon. Ones on types of molecule eg. carbs are hard but more general ones like on energy transfer are better. Revision is nearly impossible esp cos I have synoptic history the same day. But take note I thought I'd done badly on the Jun 04 practice paper but it turned out I got A/B so perhaps thinking you did badly is a good sign!

ReputationRep:
    Do you really need 42/60 for an A in your coursework! I got 38/42 i thought that would get me an A atleast....DAMN!!

ReputationRep:
    jeez. youve lost about 16 UMS already then as 1 raw mark=4 ums

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh.. im screwed where did you find this out from??

ReputationRep:
    I thought the raw mark was out of 21 and you needed 20 for an A, 18 for a B and 16 for a C and then it was scaled upto 60 for ums points???!!!!

ReputationRep:
    In fact are you sure about that when there are 42 raw available..that would mean coursework was out of 168 UMS (42x4) which clearly isnt true!

ReputationRep:
    nope our marks were out off 42 im 100% sure of that

ReputationRep:
    How does it work exactly?
    in AS, my teacher gave me 27/30 in my courswork.
    And on my results sheet AQA put it as 63/90.
    The school said something about being marked down...

for A2 our marks were out of 42 too.

ReputationRep:
    the loss of marks decrease as you get lower and lower. The first 4 or 5 raw marks are 4 ums's whilst after this it is one or two. AQA like this annoying style...

ReputationRep:
    How does it work exactly?
    in AS, my teacher gave me 27/30 in my courswork.
    And on my results sheet AQA put it as 63/90.
    The school said something about being marked down...
    Maybe it was moderated down because your teacher marked to nicely, it happened with my chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I take it back. Coursework is out of 21, in which case i dont know the f**k my teacher marked my coursework atleast. Im thinking he doubled the marks for some unknown reason.....

ReputationRep:
    coursework is out of 42, the aqa half your score when working out ums, and then scale this accordingly. in jan this was 40/42 for an A (20/21). I got 37/42 which translated to 52/60 ums. Basically your coursework is out of 60 and your synoptic is also out of 60, so dont worry too much bout tomorrow, its only 60 marks!

ReputationRep:
    who's worried. Its going to be funtastic.

ReputationRep:
    just had it! who did the question on organic ions? and is calcium an inorganic ion? i did it anyway
    What did u think of it then? i thought the essay would be the easiest bit but I missed out the really obvious hydrogen bonds thing oops! I talked about sodium and nerve impulses, sodium in cotransport proteins, phosphorus in DNA, ATP etc and hydrogen being part of most macromolecules (amino acids etc), could be used in biosensors (?!)

And do u think how h+ ions affect pH is relevant?

ReputationRep:
    i did bacteria as it was in a past paper qn which i had written an essay for. i thought it was eaier than past papers but not easy if u get me.

poptart: H+ ions is relevent and ca is an inorganic ion, so well done for mentioning it.

ReputationRep:
    good good! i just thought I would guess because they are present in a lot of topics, but ive just realised I forgot about blood clotting crap! i didnt really put as much effort into it as I could have done but its too late now i guess.
    only one more exam left now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poptart86)
    just had it! who did the question on organic ions? and is calcium an inorganic ion? i did it anyway
    What did u think of it then? i thought the essay would be the easiest bit but I missed out the really obvious hydrogen bonds thing oops! I talked about sodium and nerve impulses, sodium in cotransport proteins, phosphorus in DNA, ATP etc and hydrogen being part of most macromolecules (amino acids etc), could be used in biosensors (?!)

And do u think how h+ ions affect pH is relevant?
    omg, forgot about affecting the pH, and used in CO2 transport. Felt like I mentioned everything else though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I disliked the structured (sort of) questions...but actually enjoyed doing the essay! I did the inorganic ions question.
    Managed to mention phosphate in DNA, production of ATP from ADP + P, then the use of ATP in respiration and in the Calvin Cycle, and it's role in active transport.
    Then went onto sodium ions and potassium ions and all the nerve related stuff..resting potentials etc...and the release of Calcium ions in the pre-synaptic knob.
    Then talked about hydrogen ions...carbon dioxide + water to make hydrogen carbonate which then dissociates to give a proton..then RBC s and Bohr Shift...then chemoreceptors.
    Then waffled on about kidneys and water balance...the Na+ in the loop of henle and collecting duct.
    Think that is about it..
    hopefully that got me some marks!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.