Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Question A

Did about:
    how inorganic ions cant be made by body so must be got from diet.
    phosphate in phospholipid bi-layer
    Na+ K+ in nervous transmission
    Ca+ in synapses
    Na+ in cotransport of molecules
    Fe2+ in haemoglobin
    CO2 producing acidic H+ leads to releae of more O2 and Haemoglobin as a buffer:
    CO2 + H2O --> H+ + HCO3- and HbO2 + H+ --> HbH+ + O2
    Hydrogen Phosophate ions as a buffer - homeostasis
    HP042- + H+ --> H2PO4-
    H+ in light dependent photosynethesis, photolysis NADP+ + H+ + 2e- --> NADPH etc.
    Phosphorus in ATP
    Sulphur - disulphide bonds
    Na+ in water regulation in kidneys, Related to conditions and diet.
    Pottassium for muscle contractions - hypokalemia - diet
    About chemiosynthesis in deep sea vent bacteria - hydrogen sulfide - ecosystem, food chain etc..

Really enjoyed that actually.

ReputationRep:
    Bah i realise now if id av thought bout it, the inorganic ions question was the bttr one, but i just went with the bacteria question sob! Didnt realise we cud include all the stuff bout kidneys etc, which im really clued up on thanx to module 6 rather than making up crap bout bacteria

ReputationRep:
    I only really talked about mod 6. touched on photosynthesis and resp. Totally forgot about phopholipid bilayer and DNA arrgh.

ReputationRep:
    What did people say about how percentages of protein etc. change when you starve someone? And what about teh formula?

ReputationRep:
    I said it would decrease because theyd be used as respiratory substrate as less glucose was being digested. For the formula I got a= b x c divided by D, I subsitituted the letters for the mark-release-recapture formula (so glad I read it before i went into the exam lol)!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.