Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need a job . Im 16 and have just finished my GCSE's. I would do any job aslong as i can get abit of money. I want a weekend job wher i can end up getting maybe a couple of hundred a month.

Anyone have any links where there is a POSSIBILITY of a company offering me something. Most companys or such want experience, especially in restaurants.

Please I am desparate....
    Any job will do. Even a dustbinman (not joking)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    will this be along side studying then?? i'm a bit confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But i wana work mayb 5 hours on saturday and afew hours on a sunday. Something that can get me 40 or 50 quid a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalTFX)
    Yes. But i wana work mayb 5 hours on saturday and afew hours on a sunday. Something that can get me 40 or 50 quid a week.
    i'd just ask around really, even places where they're not openly advertising for vacancies.
    Thats what I did when i was 16, in the same situation as you and i've been working at the same cafe for ages, brought in a whole load of desperately need money.
    You don't get unless you ask about basically. just check out you're local restaurants/cafes or any linked with people you know, that could help too.

ReputationRep:
    Go around your local shopping centre, ask in every shop/ restuarant etc. do they have vacanicies, if they do, covering letter, cv

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to apply to where my mom works, just to get some extra money. like Lawrence4 said, try everywhere, and if you did work experience somewhere ask for them to give you a reference to help you.

ReputationRep:
    I would work during weekdays as well, so you would get more money.

ReputationRep:
    na weekdays arnt an option. Ill be taking AS levels on weekdays in september, plus most of holidays im away.

ReputationRep:
    go down to your local Sainsburies/Waitrose etc store, they don't normally advertise, but they'll often hire you anyway, thats how I got my part time job which I've been in for almost one and a half years now, and I'm very happy in

ReputationRep:
    not sure if waitroses or sainsburys would be worthwhile. Coz im under 18 they dont hav to pay me minimu wage and can pay me 3 quid an hour if they wanted, which aint worth it

ReputationRep:
    Actually, there is a Min Wage in Place for 16yr Olds now, it came into affect last Oct, but i cant remember what the MinWage was!

ReputationRep:
    £3 an hour is the minimum wage for 16 year olds. But very few companies pay that little, I think Sainsburies pay just under £5.

ReputationRep:
    not sure if waitroses or sainsburys would be worthwhile. Coz im under 18 they dont hav to pay me minimu wage and can pay me 3 quid an hour if they wanted, which aint worth it
    waitrose pays £4.65 to under 18's I think and sainsburies is similar (in surrey anyway), they are fairly good employers wage wise and waitrose you get LOADS of discounts and bonuses
    i gotta say aswell workin in a supermarket as I do now is much better than my previous part time jobs where I used to work in the Kitchens of a cafeteria changing bins and clearing up left over food for £3.80 an hour :|

ReputationRep:
    Iam looking for a weekend job not week days as I start collage in sept try martlan and homebase they are taking on

ReputationRep:
    na weekdays arnt an option. Ill be taking AS levels on weekdays in september, plus most of holidays im away.
    It depends when your AS lessons are. For example, if you have lessons in the morning, you might want to work in the afternoon, and do homework at night. Therefore, there is some adjustments you can make to work weekdays if you want. I have some friends working weekdays and have some kind of schedule that I mentioned above.

ReputationRep:
    If you only wanna work 5 hours saturday and a couple on sunday you have very little chance of earning £50-60 a week especially at our age. I heard that argos always take a lot of people on in the summer especially 16 yr olds and also that means youre walking all day fetching stuff from the back which is good. But if you do find a job that will pay untrained 16 year olds about £50-60 for efectivly about 7 hours a week then youre doing well

ReputationRep:
    If you only want to work about 7 hours you have no chance of gettin £50 - 60 per week, you would have to be on over £7 an hour, although if you find anyone who will pay you that please let me know!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to start a saturday job at specsavers. My pay is low at £3.80 per hour - but I hope it will increase. I will be working long hours and will earn £35 per week. It may be better for you to just work 1 day at the weekend - because otherwise you wont have any free days to study or relax. It depends on how much you want the money. Although I would like to payed more for working 9 hours per week - its still ok - and great to put on your CV/ University application. Maybe send a letter to the shops in your town about saturday jobs and see what they say.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.