Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the record though i'm not contesting that you should write about them in a chemical coordination essay - please please do!!

I'm just disputing that plant growth substances are hormones as a) they are not proteins, catelcholamines OR Steroids and b) they do not travel in the blood as defined by our exam board.

ReputationRep:
    *Is scared*
    It's getting close now! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting here watching the clock tick. Argh, I can't concentrate enough to revise anything. I dread the moment when you get in there, flick to the back and see the essays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    I'm sitting here watching the clock tick. Argh, I can't concentrate enough to revise anything. I dread the moment when you get in there, flick to the back and see the essays!
    Yep :s: Please let there be a nice one!

ReputationRep:
    I feel so unprepared. Just hoping I can remember stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    I feel so unprepared. Just hoping I can remember stuff!
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Couple of qs

Does FSH stimulate the development of a primary oocyte in the ovary, or its release from the ovary?

Are oestrogen and progesterone both secreted from the follicle in the ovary? Or are they secreted from different things in the ovary? :s:

See how unprepared I am!

ReputationRep:
    Hi first message

Amidst all the anxiety and concern I'd just like to take the time to express my hatred for this exam. The whole essay question idea is so -beeping- stupid because of its random, happy go lucky, catch me if you can, varying, pot luck, destination station, burt and earny -beeping - nature.

However if I do well I shall love it ...ahhh the other foot

ReputationRep:
    Wo it's 9 o'clock i only have like three hours revision!!! AAAAARGH!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    what kinda thing would come up in a plant essay? iv done "structure and functions of different types of plant cells" and "structure and functions of chloroplasts and mitochondria" (would be a gift but unlikely) and iv also done the "effect of light on flowering plants". What else might there be in a plant essay? transport? reproduction?
    but isnt transport mainly unit 2, i cnt remember it really being in other units
    *is panicking*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Wo it's 9 o'clock i only have like three hours revision!!! AAAAARGH!!!! :eek:
    One hour for me, I have to get the sodding train at half 11 to get there on time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    what kinda thing would come up in a plant essay? iv done "structure and functions of different types of plant cells" and "structure and functions of chloroplasts and mitochondria" (would be a gift but unlikely) and iv also done the "effect of light on flowering plants". What else might there be in a plant essay? transport? reproduction?
    but isnt transport mainly unit 2, i cnt remember it really being in other units
    *is panicking*
    As long as you know chloroplasts, photosynthesis, transport (phloem, xylem), plant cells, phytochrome, etoilated plants, stomatal opening and phototropism, you should be ok! :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    As long as you know chloroplasts, photosynthesis, transport (phloem, xylem), plant cells, phytochrome, etoilated plants, stomatal opening and phototropism, you should be ok! :s:
    so just a few things then

ReputationRep:
    do you reckon I could get through this without understanding photosynthesis or respiration (still!)

ReputationRep:
    As much as I *hate* this paper it is a great feeling knowing that afterwards no more biology!

until I have to do it a bit at uni...

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. What if an essay on reproduction in plants and humans comes up :s: I'm ****ed!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. What if an essay on reproduction in plants and humans comes up :s: I'm ****ed!
    Ahhhh that'd be awful! I'm just so glad theres a choice of 2!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh that'd be awful! I'm just so glad theres a choice of 2!
    Me too. But what if the other one was awful too?! Argh :bawling:
    And the questions at the beginning are going to be haaaaaaard

ReputationRep:
    Me too. But what if the other one was awful too?! Argh :bawling:
    And the questions at the beginning are going to be haaaaaaard
    Yep its a cruel paper, although thankfully only worth about 8%

ReputationRep:
    Yep its a cruel paper, although thankfully only worth about 8%
    I think I can get about a D in this and still get an A, but still :s:

Also, I can't find my AS sheet, but in stomatal opening, is K+ pumped in or out of the guard cells?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.