Turn on thread page Beta

Smashing Pumpkins are to reform!!!!!!!!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demosthenes)
    Excellent news to be honest.

Smashing Pumpkins are definitely one of my all time favourite bands - the diversity they showed and the talent they have are simply amazing.

I'm dubious about this reform in some ways though - Jimmy and Billy will definitely be up for this - Jimmy was the drummer in Zwan also. As for Iha...he plays for "A Perfect Circle" (another relish of mine) and maybe he wouldn't be interested in a reform because of bad experiences. D'arcy is even less likely in my opinion...However if the original line up WERE to reform - It would certainly be interesting.

As for those questions:

1) Siamese Dream or Adore
    2) Very hard to call this one...I'll just list a few faves - Perfect, 1979, Today, Disarm, Ava Adore, Siva...I could go on...
    3) Again too many to name in my opinion - Shame, To Forgive, Drown, Cupid De Locke...
    4) Billy Corgan
    5) 1979 or Today
    yeah D'arcy fell off the edge of the planet and has never been seen since. And James is in A Perfect Circle but it would be amazing if they got back together!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverlastingGaze)
    yeah D'arcy fell off the edge of the planet and has never been seen since. And James is in A Perfect Circle but it would be amazing if they got back together!!
    i wonder if d'arcy is still on crack. Yeah ive got billy's new album, its great, but i dont think it will do well commerically, but he doesnt care.

ReputationRep:
    oh and welcome 2 TSR. Did u go to any of Billy's concert. I went to the one last friday in Dublin, it was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    oh and welcome 2 TSR. Did u go to any of Billy's concert. I went to the one last friday in Dublin, it was brilliant.
    Cheers dude! No I couldnt go i live in Sheffield and he played two nights at london forum - and i had exams on both of them! You are so lucky! Glad it was good the pumpkins were great live. I have heard a few mixed reviews of his live show saying that it wasnt really working live but I think you have to be a true fan of Billy's songwriting, vision and talent to appreciate what he is doing. I'm sad that everyone is slating the album Are you a guitar player? just wondered what was his guitar rig like? Whats he playing now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverlastingGaze)
    Cheers dude! No I couldnt go i live in Sheffield and he played two nights at london forum - and i had exams on both of them! You are so lucky! Glad it was good the pumpkins were great live. I have heard a few mixed reviews of his live show saying that it wasnt really working live but I think you have to be a true fan of Billy's songwriting, vision and talent to appreciate what he is doing. I'm sad that everyone is slating the album Are you a guitar player? just wondered what was his guitar rig like? Whats he playing now?
    yeah i play guitar. his guitar is some kind of custom guitar, and its silver, heres a picture in the link:http://www.billy-corgan.com/vb/showt...+live+pictures

ReputationRep:
    i am quite sure the pumpkins will reform, definitely Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin anyway. Not too sure about James Iha or D'arcy, not i hope so. The Pumpkins were Billy and Jimmy anyway, although I loved the original band.

What is your favourite Pumpkins Album?
    Whats your favourite pumpkins single?
    Whats ur favourite pum pkins song (non-single)?
    Who is ur favourite member?
    What is ur favourite pumpkins video?
    - At the moment, Pisces Iscariot (but usually Gish)
    - Siva
    - Speed Kills but Beauty Lives Forever (Machina II)
    - Jimmy Chamberlin
    - Disarm

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the only issue I had with the Pumpkins was Billy's ego.

Something tells me he ain't changed a bit:

(Original post by Billy Corgan)

I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams.
    I hate to be cynical, but after listening to Pisces Iscariot again today, I really don't know if they can top what they've already produced.

ReputationRep:
    There is a God it was been annouced that the pumpkins are to reform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No way! That's defo cool. I might tell my friends after this.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm cant see it happening, there were big issues for that band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredwad)
    Hmm cant see it happening, there were big issues for that band
    Billy is in, Chamberlin has agreed and has said that he unlike billy is in constant contact with James Iha and has said he will make it his mission to get him back in the band. D'arcy? Melissa Auf Der Maur would do, shes a brilliant bassist.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.