Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I fear I'm going to get shooed everywhere from September onwards.

Anyone else made/making the move, if so what has it been like? For what it's worth, I've been there for open days and various sporting events without too much bother.

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine just follow these two rules

1) If you're asked what the best football team is, its Manchester United
    2) If you're asked what the best band is its Joy Division or the Smiths.

To be honest there is loads of scousers in Manchester, they are well recieved, as longs as you keep your head down you won't have any trouble, after all there is only 30 miles of land between the two cities and Greater Manchester borders Merseyside.

ReputationRep:
    Spot on reply-just be sensible and there's not a problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    You will be fine just follow these two rules

1) If you're asked what the best football team is, its Manchester United
    2) If you're asked what the best band is its Joy Division or the Smiths.

To be honest there is loads of scousers in Manchester, they are well recieved, as longs as you keep your head down you won't have any trouble, after all there is only 30 miles of land between the two cities and Greater Manchester borders Merseyside.
    I'm an Evertonian, which will probably go down a tad better than our 'delightful' rewd neighbours.

Best band? Stone Roses for me!

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll be fine. I quite like scousers, mostly they seem to be up for a good laugh. And I know loads of people going the other way this year.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, most studenty areas aren't full of vengeful mancs who wage a war on scousers!! My girlfriend of the past few years (who i met at uni) is a scouser and shes had no problems. Shes even been able to wear her everton shirt around campus with pride this year, which makes a change :-D

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.