Turn on thread page Beta

does weight matter? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    wow, your super cool, want a medal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    Absolutely. I have no sympathy for fattys.
    In fact I think if you are clinically obese and you have a heart attack then they should take you straight to the morgue and not try and save you. You shouldnt be fat if dont like it. Fatso

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    wow, your super cool, want a medal?
    i wasnt trying to be clever i was just trying to say that i try hard for the shape and im in and i dont see hpw anyone could become lazy enough to get fat! well not huge anyway!

ReputationRep:
    In fact I think if you are clinically obese and you have a heart attack then they should take you straight to the morgue and not try and save you. You shouldnt be fat if dont like it. Fatso
    What if they are clinically obese and disabled?

What if they have problems with there metobolism (or something) that mean they gain weight easily?

So when an england rugby player dies, because they are clinically obese they should not try and save him? cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i wasnt trying to be clever i was just trying to say that i try hard for the shape and im in and i dont see hpw anyone could become lazy enough to get fat! well not huge anyway!
    I find it so unlikley you do what you say you do, it hurts.

ReputationRep:
    well i have if you are born that way but i dont see the point when people sit on there ass all day and complain that they are fat!

ReputationRep:
    I just dont see how it is possible for someone to exercise and be fat.

I used to be chubby before I did sports but now I'm the opposite

ReputationRep:
    Well everything people hate is something they hate about their selves (they wouldn't want to be). It's hard for people to see people with things they don't want at all, but they're still people, so they have a little voice in them that says, "You want other things--if you want these things, and you can have them, then can't you also not have things you don't want? The force that gives what you want is the same that gives what you do not."

It's hard for people to get over this...once you get over it, however, and realize who gives a **** what people think of you, you'll most likely be cured of your hatred, fear, etc. Your life will be healthier, happier, and you'll have less of what you "don't want". Life ain't about what you don't want, it's about what you do want.

This is why it is hard for people who simply don't worry about their weight to understand the problem with fat people and why they are treated badly. People who are self-conscious about anything find it hard to go through life when they see people with what they would not want...people who feel fulfilled in every way have no problem with anyone or anything, and what stops others from liking them is jealousy. Jealousy, as the ego looks to find and receive, rather than to change to receive. Love and acceptance really is the key to happiness, strength, and happiness. People pick up on your attitude, body language, sound of your voice, things you say or do, etc. It is easy to pick somebody out who is worried about some aspect of their self, and consequently those who hide it well cover it up with hate and anger.

It's true, tho I'm sure you don't believe me. So I'll just shut up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I find it so unlikley you do what you say you do, it hurts.
    and why's that then!y would i lie about it!im not that say and im not the type of person to ********!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    Well everything people hate is something they hate about their selves (they wouldn't want to be). It's hard for people to see people with things they don't want at all, but they're still people, so they have a little voice in them that says, "You want other things--if you want these things, and you can have them, then can't you also not have things you don't want? The force that gives what you want is the same that gives what you do not."

It's hard for people to get over this...once you get over it, however, and realize who gives a **** what people think of you, you'll most likely be cured of your hatred, fear, etc. Your life will be healthier, happier, and you'll have less of what you "don't want". Life ain't about what you don't want, it's about what you do want.

This is why it is hard for people who simply don't worry about their weight to understand the problem with fat people and why they are treated badly. People who are self-conscious about anything find it hard to go through life when they see people with what they would not want...people who feel fulfilled in every way have no problem with anyone or anything, and what stops others from liking them is jealousy. Jealousy, as the ego looks to find and receive, rather than to change to receive. Love and acceptance really is the key to happiness, strength, and happiness. People pick up on your attitude, body language, sound of your voice, things you say or do, etc. It is easy to pick somebody out who is worried about some aspect of their self, and consequently those who hide it well cover it up with hate and anger.

It's true, tho I'm sure you don't believe me. So I'll just shut up now
    fair do';s i do agree with you(as i said in a previous post!) but however as ive previousely said when people eat loads sit on their asses so be it but when they complain about being fat thats when i get pissed!

ReputationRep:
    Fattness is a weakness. Its shows poor character. If fatties got off their over-sized arses and did some e x e r c i s e then they wouldn't be fat!

Simply:
    If you dont want to be fat: exercise more eat less fatty foods. Thats it.

John

ReputationRep:
    You really have never stuided nutrition and exercise in the slightest, have you?

ReputationRep:
    So we are agreed. Fat people deserve the stick they get as if they really didnt like it they could go for a run.

I dont hate fat people but they bring their unsightlyness it on themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    You really have never stuided nutrition and exercise in the slightest, have you?
    Are you really trying to say exercise and correct diets wont work on fat people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    No but I know that your total weight cannot be more than all the food/drink u've ever consumed minus the weight of your **** and piss and sweat minus fat lost through exertion.

John

ReputationRep:
    Are you really trying to say exercise and correct diets wont work on fat people
    my point exactly!

ReputationRep:
    a problem is as well lots of people use food as a form of comfort and to releive stress etc. When my dad was younger he was really really skinny but we've got a really disrupted homelife and he uses food as an emotional release, in the way that some people use alcohol, drugs, **** or even exercise and work to take their mind off their problems. He's not lazy (he swims regularly and is a walk leader for the british heart society) but Over the years he has put on a lot of weight. At times when our homelife is good i notice that the weight flies off him but its always a recurring trap that when there are problems he turns to food. However, hes trying really hard at the mo to lose it again and has lost about 3 stone in the last year and i'm really proud of him for that but i don't really care what weight he is as long as he's healthy. I would also rather him be a bit cuddly than a chainsmoking alcoholic, workaholic! Everyone has different ways of living and coping with severe stress.

Anyone that thinks that everyone puts on weight cos they are simply lazy coach potatoes is really close minded. Yes there are certain people that don't give one about their health and live off junkfood but there are other factors for some people

ReputationRep:
    Now when u r talking about not sympathising with 'fat people'...are you talking about 300 pounds here?! Or someone who simply doesn't have a small build and is a bit curvy rather than hard as rock?! Cuz a lot of girls (myself included) seem to consider 5 pounds of 'softness' enough to constitute the title 'fat'.
    Also, a lot of guys i know prefer a girl to have a bit of meat, and can't stand stick thin girls...in the words of a good (male) mate of mine "Guys are supposed to be hard, girls aren't. We like them to be a bit soft or else we feel like homos."

ReputationRep:
    Sympathy is ignorance. Ignorance pisses you off because it's hard to watch people to continue a problem they do not want...and it discourages other people who also are looking at this as a problem.

However, you have to realize people who want sympathy are looking for something missing in their self. It's easy to get pissed because it's like, "What the ****? Have some ****ing dignity!" But, it's also easy to say, "Well, this person does have a problem, and it's sad that they cannot find clarity enough to fix it."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Now when u r talking about not sympathising with 'fat people'...are you talking about 300 pounds here?! Or someone who simply doesn't have a small build and is a bit curvy rather than hard as rock?! Cuz a lot of girls (myself included) seem to consider 5 pounds of 'softness' enough to constitute the title 'fat'.
    Also, a lot of guys i know prefer a girl to have a bit of meat, and can't stand stick thin girls...in the words of a good (male) mate of mine "Guys are supposed to be hard, girls aren't. We like them to be a bit soft or else we feel like homos."
    I mean people who are that fat it affects their health.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.