does weight matter? Watch

This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by grace)
Now when u r talking about not sympathising with 'fat people'...are you talking about 300 pounds here?! Or someone who simply doesn't have a small build and is a bit curvy rather than hard as rock?! Cuz a lot of girls (myself included) seem to consider 5 pounds of 'softness' enough to constitute the title 'fat'.
Also, a lot of guys i know prefer a girl to have a bit of meat, and can't stand stick thin girls...in the words of a good (male) mate of mine "Guys are supposed to be hard, girls aren't. We like them to be a bit soft or else we feel like homos."
Id second the fact girls have to have some meat on them. But i think you are being too harsh on fat people, it also depends on ur metabolism, i know some girl that eats so much yet never puts on weight and another girl that never eats but still appears to be gaining weight. Exercise is not necessarily the answer, although it does help. But if u r 300pounds, you have to swallow your fear of humiliation before entering a gym and goingo n the running machine.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
Just wondering to everyone out there does a persons weight actually matter or affect the way their treated? just wonderin
of course weight matters. As a guy, i would never look at a girl who is bigger than me.
And if it didnt matter then y are women so concerned about their weight.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
of course weight matters. As a guy, i would never look at a girl who is bigger than me.
And if it didnt matter then y are women so concerned about their weight.
thats a good point, its true, id never go for a girl bigger than me, i never thought about it that way. Maybe we do that in the same way fit girls hang out with ugly girls in order to make ourself look better.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
First off about fattsos going the gym; You aren't born 300lbs. Anyway that would be leaving it a little late now wouldn't it.

Secondly, with regards metabolism; This is ONLY of consequence when you eat more food than you really need. If you exercise and therefore require the food you eat you will not put on weight. It you do very little physical activities in a day and have a high metabolism then you wont gain weight very fast. If you have a low metabolism but still do nothing you will become fat quickly.

The point is, low metabolism or not, if you arent producing power you wont use any food and so the food you eat will be stored. There is no getting away from the fact that everybody will loose weight with exercise.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
First off about fattsos going the gym; You aren't born 300lbs. Anyway that would be leaving it a little late now wouldn't it.

Secondly, with regards metabolism; This is ONLY of consequence when you eat more food than you really need. If you exercise and therefore require the food you eat you will not put on weight. It you do very little physical activities in a day and have a high metabolism then you wont gain weight very fast. If you have a low metabolism but still do nothing you will become fat quickly.

The point is, low metabolism or not, if you arent producing power you wont use any food and so the food you eat will be stored. There is no getting away from the fact that everybody will loose weight with exercise.
Fact remains. You dont see fat people in a famine.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
Fact remains. You dont see fat people in a famine.
I dont know those ethiopians have pretty big bellies
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont know those ethiopians have pretty big bellies
Yes, from not eating enough. Its an illness mate.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah everybody wil lose weight with exercise, but for some it is harder than others. Even if you have a low metabolism and do lots of exercise, you need to eat otherwise you can't sustain that exercise, you get cramp from lack of salt and you need some sugar originally or else your body turns to devour the muscle. I think it is possible for obese people to lose weight relatively simply by eating a little less and moving a little more but for others it is harder.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Have you noticed for a woman to say to a man haha i don't date fat men its ok and acceptable.

However, when a man says i don't date fat women its completely outrageous and horrible... hmmm
an advantage to men though - if an ugly man is seen wiv a attractive women, he gets praised by all his mates. however a ugly women wiv fit bloke gets looked down at
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
this whole thing about fat people having low metabolism is actually utter rubbish, on average they have higher metabolisms really because their muscles need to work harder to carry their extra weight,always makes me laugh when people blame their size on things like this
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Max Plank)
Nobody wants a fat bird.

John
My boyfriend obviously does
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
and while wer on it - il b what u consider a fat girl then. i am size 16 and bigger than the average girl.

with all this 'fattys' and 'shoudl b left to die' and 'sit on their arse all day blah blah blah'

everyday all my life i have never over eaten. i hardly have chocolate and i hardly have crisps. i excerise a lot compared to a lot of people - i do dancing (all over excersise) swimming, bike riding and i walk eveyrwhere. no car!

however, i am still fat.

i am also what u wud class as ugly. i dont wear so muhc makeup a 12"inch ruler wud get lost in it, i dont spend 3 hrs makin myself look perfect. i dont have blemishless skin, small face etc etc.

so i am ugly.

i dont wear all up to date fashion items all the time. i wear what i want. not meanin i dress like a geek or grandma but i dont c the point in spendin 30 quid on an plain fcuk t shirt when i can buy a nice patterened one in select or new look for under a tenner.

so i am not fashional / cool / 'in'

so in conclusion i am fat, ugly and not "in" but i wudnt swap my life for anyones! i av the nicest friends, the best boyfriend and a (poor) life but hey! i love it!

so shove ur petty "fattys dont do nothin to help themselves" and "no one wants a fat bird" people like that r shallow and dont realise that no1 wants the same as them. i like bein size 16, i wud hate to be anythin less, and my boyfriend wud too.

to the thread starter - see wwwu-wont-find-it-here.cjb.net and click the sheep link to see that szie doesnt ruin your life or matter
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
i like bein size 16, i wud hate to be anythin less, and my boyfriend wud too.
i find that very unlikely,

however from most of your posts you appear to have very low self-esteem for no founding as far as i can see, you have a very pretty face in your picture and are probably better looking that your boyfriend.

girl stop posting such rubbish, you are gorgeous and your boyfriend knows it!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rah)
i find that very unlikely,

however from most of your posts you appear to have very low self-esteem for no founding as far as i can see, you have a very pretty face in your picture and are probably better looking that your boyfriend.

girl stop posting such rubbish, you are gorgeous and your boyfriend knows it!
to be fair, i do av a bit of a low self esteem wen it comes to looks, but the fact that i still have a good life bein this size makes me think, its not just thin people who get the good deal. My boyf has toold me he doesnt want me thinner and i believe him.

thanx for ur compliment lol its usually hard for me to take one but thanks!
satans_bitchxx
Report 15 years ago
yes size does matter, but if you're happy the way you are then its up to you and theres only you who has to deal with that "problem". i myself am not the model-like of people, but i wouldnt change who i am just for the happiness of people around me, i have alot of prospects (more than alot of people!) and im gonna makes something of myself, not letting my size get in my way. big people may not be attractive to some people but to others they are
josie
Report 15 years ago
It should do if you're fat. Its a bad thing to be fat. Very unhealthy and costly to the NHS. All it takes is a bit of exercise everyday.
I DONT THINK THATS RIGHT AT ALL YOU MIGHT BE THE NICEST PERSON IN THE WORLD AND YOUR FAT ITS WHATS ON THE INSIDE THAT COUNTS!
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
Just wondering to everyone out there does a persons weight actually matter or affect the way their treated? just wonderin
well it doesnt bother me, but have you noticed that larger people get treated with less respect than a slimmer person
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by love_4_ducks)
well it doesnt bother me, but have you noticed that larger people get treated with less respect than a slimmer person
yeh and tis not fair
satans_bitchxx
Report 15 years ago
we would be so borin if we where all the same? all skinny with nothing on our minds apart from how much food we arnt gonna eat, why is it that to be big is frowned upon far more so than that of people who smoke or take drugs? why is it that when you go to the doctors every illness you have is the consequence of your weight? why is it that alcoholics get a govenment allowence for their addiction but big people get abuse and are forced to suffer by themselves because "its self inflicted"? can anyone answer these questions? to me over eating is an illness, i know ive got it. if i could go back 10 years i would make sure that every morning on the way to school i didnt go to the shop and waste all my dinner money on rubbish. i thought i was being funny and cool infront of my friends when i said i could eat five doughnuts in a row, ive now joined gym and i promise you and myself im gonna stick to it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by satans_*****xx)
cant you tell that u r from liverpool. nice to see that you have compassion and appreciation for other people, i bet that you live a healthy, non toxic life dont you?
He's not the only one from Liverpool who posts on these forums...please don't generalise.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads