The Student Room Group

The Field Hockey Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
People at my school got tickets to see both finals, they don't give a ****, they were rubbing this in my face earlier because they know I really care.

:emo:
Reply 181
Women's Champions Trophy starts today. Argentina vs England in 15-20 minutes. Being streamed on eurosport, but I have no subscription :frown:
Original post by Atherilia
People at my school got tickets to see both finals, they don't give a ****, they were rubbing this in my face earlier because they know I really care.

:emo:

:console:

Women's Champions Trophy starts today. Argentina vs England in 15-20 minutes. Being streamed on eurosport, but I have no subscription :frown:

Is it on the TV channel or just online?

If on the TV channel, I know what I'm doing when I get home on Tuesday!
Reply 183
Original post by SirMasterKey
:console:

Is it on the TV channel or just online?

If on the TV channel, I know what I'm doing when I get home on Tuesday!

Darn, guess I'll just be watching the highlights then.
Reply 185
Well that was an eventful final to say the least.

Spoiler

I'm hoping to start playing this game when I get to uni, d the goalkeeping skills from football transfer across to hockey well?
Reply 187
Original post by wildrover
I'm hoping to start playing this game when I get to uni, d the goalkeeping skills from football transfer across to hockey well?

They help a little bit when it comes to goal keeping in Hockey, (only time you are allowed to use your feet) The general tactics from football can be useful when playing hockey as well, the game is a lot faster though.
They help a little bit when it comes to goal keeping in Hockey, (only time you are allowed to use your feet) The general tactics from football can be useful when playing hockey as well, the game is a lot faster though.

Good to hear, I always thought it looked good on the tv.
Reply 189
been looking for this thread for a while now glad ive found it!

i love hockey, play for crewe vagrants 1st XI, captain of the school 1st XI, Cheshire and hoping to go further than that!

im also very lucky to get my hands on a pair on tickets for hockey at next years olympics! :biggrin:
Reply 190
Pre-season has started I think I am dying from lack of fitness :smile:
I need a pre-season. Maybe I should join the local club. Even if the yearly fee is £177 for students. I can't afford that. Might just go buy a few tennis balls for a £1 and work on my stick skills in the garden. I've put on a bit of weight in the last few weeks I've been home. :frown:
Reply 192
Pre-season has started I think I am dying from lack of fitness :smile:
My pre-season has been fantastic so far, played 10 minutes of a 7-a-side game and was blowing out of my arse by the end of it and then my ankle got crunched in a 50/50 tackle and I can't put any weight on it now!
England- Ireland Women's game today was quite good.I never realised they were being shown on the BBC web-site and on the red button. Definitely going to watch the men tomorrow in their last pool game against France.
Reply 194
I caught most of the England Vs Ireland game, so happy we won, the pitch celebrated at JRPC today when we were told the final score :smile:
Reply 195
what a legend society. great sport
Sad to se the men lose 3-0 to the Germans. The German keeper put out a few cracking saves.

I'm disappointed that I won't see the women tomorrow as shall be volunteering, ah well guess I'll just have to catch the highlights.
Reply 197
Thinking of playing for a club rather than University this season. Fees are quite a lot though. Hampstead & Westminster want £350 or so.

Just can't be bothered with trials.
Reply 198
Chloe Rogers and Anna Bennet are coming to my club day tomorrow, excited :smile: :woo:
Reply 199
Greetings, new to this group...

So do some/most of you play for a club/uni?

In my final year of highschool, play for my clubs 2s/3s, yet strangely haven't ever watched a hockey game on TV :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest