Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hahaha.. im just expressing.. I have read all of the posts from above and realized theres quite a lot of uneven breasted women out there possibly

Im sorry for being rude

ReputationRep:
    sorry to bring up this old thread, but the last few weeks i have noticed my right breast is growing (i have just changed to combined pill from mini pill) and the left one is not. I am now lopsided. *sobs*. So just thought I'd say I have sympathy for everyone else with the same problem. im kinda scared to keep taking the pill dont want the right one to keep growing... xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    sorry to bring up this old thread, but the last few weeks i have noticed my right breast is growing (i have just changed to combined pill from mini pill) and the left one is not. I am now lopsided. *sobs*. So just thought I'd say I have sympathy for everyone else with the same problem. im kinda scared to keep taking the pill dont want the right one to keep growing... xx
    This is exactly how it happened to me! Well, I changed from the mini pill to the combined pill but still..similar situation. And it's my right one. Don't worry, it had a growth spurt and then stopped, but my left one still isn't growing.

Cxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mine were even (or at least I thought they were) until a few weeks ago. But I didn't think much of it. Then yesterday I went for a bra fitting at Bravissimo, and the woman said that it's a very large difference!

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem. My left one is larger than the right one. I've also detected a lump in my right breat and went to a doctor for that. I'm now taking vitamins for the lump to go away. But my large breat is not the one with the lump.

I really don't want other people to notice!!!

EDIT: I've never had any pill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goddess)
    I have the same problem. My left one is larger than the right one. I've also detected a lump in my right breat and went to a doctor for that. I'm now taking vitamins for the lump to go away. But my large breat is not the one with the lump.

I really don't want other people to notice!!!

EDIT: I've never had any pill
    ive never been on the pill either and i got a slight difference,
    it doesnt bug me when i wear normal clothes, even tight tops as it doesnt show but when i went to buy bikinis i found it difficult... finally this year i found a bikini which suits and im happy with it.
    this may sound horrible but im glad to hear it happens in other women and not just me!

ReputationRep:
    my breasts swelled when I was on the pill (microgynon) and that's why I ended up going off it in the end, it was just too uncomfortable and made them quite tender. I'm quite light and have a small frame, but some how I have acquired DD cups, and when the pill made them reach greater proportions I thought it was time to stop before I poked someone's eye out, lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal for a girl's left breast to be a different size (usually larger?) than the other. A man's left testicle also is a different size to the right...I could be on to something!

Maybe not but it is normal don't worry. Corrective surgery if you really are bothered.

I’ll try to find a way to encourage you
    It’s easy to convince myself
    Cause I can’t believe you’d wanna be with somebody else

[Random lyrics]

ReputationRep:
    *walks into thread as male and cowers from swinging handbags*

We really don't care, as people have said. As long as they're there, and don't bite our fingers/tongue off, it doesn't matter a jot.

I'd like to say one thing though: I gather uneven breasts isn't uncommon, but it's worth exploring one possibility: scoliosis, a curvature of the spine, can cause uneven breasts. Take your shirt off and bend your spine forwards, and get someone to check that your back is totally symmetrical.

This is what you're looking for, but don't worry, this picture is a very severe case.

If you do have scoliosis, that needs treating quickly in case it is getting worse, and often treating it will improve the asymmetry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)
    A man's left testicle also is a different size to the right...I could be on to something!
    The left one usually virtually always hangs lower and heavier than the right the top of my right is lower than the bottom of my left, it's so pronounced.

Of course, sometimes it's the other way around.

The idea is that they stack single file when you run, so they don't get squashed against each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    The left one usually virtually always hangs lower and heavier than the right the top of my right is lower than the bottom of my left, it's so pronounced.

Of course, sometimes it's the other way around.

The idea is that they stack single file when you run, so they don't get squashed against each other.
    For some reason this really disturbs me. Makes them kind of sound like clackers lol.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if you can get corrective surgery to make your nipples the same size?!?! i know that sounds kinda weird but my actually boobs are round about the same size (one B the other B/C) but my nipples look sooo different its awful! ive never let anyone see them! i ALWAYS keep my bra on! so does anyone know about this kind of surgery?! thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    I've always had reasonably small boobs (34 B/C), but after going on the pill a few months ago one has had a growth spurt and literally doubled in size, it's ridiculous! It was always slightly bigger but now its fairly clearly a lot bigger. Since, they weren't big to start off with it's not totally totally noticable when fully clothed, unless you're looking for it, but I'm really concerned! I came off that pill soon after and it didn't shrink, if anything it grew a bit more. Am back on a different pill now (not even sure if the pill is related to this, could just be bad luck).

So basically yes, feeling a bit paranoid now. Not only are all my bras uncomfortable but bikini season is upon me and I way preferred my even (and small) chest. Ideally I want to know if there's any chance the big one will shrink, but if not is there any hope of them evening out?

Cxx
    Can you post a picture so we can verify?

ReputationRep:
    a friend of mine has the same problem. and im pretty sure EVERY girl has the problem to some degree...just some ore than others. usually the left breast is bigger than the right as the left is just above the heart and so is bigger. my friend went to a doctor but unfortunately they said that because it is common in teenagers they cant do anything at the moment until she is older (if it is still the same). But it also could have been because the difference isnt AS noticable as others. so i would still totally reccoment going to see a doctor about it and see what happens
    i feel for you hun and good luck
    but just dont forget its VERY common and your bf says he wont mind so dont worry about it too much :hugs:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.