Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have work to do and so I want to stop doing more pleasurable things, like playing on the internet and watchin TV, but I have no self control. Help!

ReputationRep:
    you need to get the scissors from the kitchen or somewhere and *without thinking* cut the cables on the TV and computer, then you won't be able to do them until you go get new plugs tomorrow

but switch the power off first!

or you could take the fuses out or something and chuck them into next door's garden and decide you can be more arsed to do work than you can to go collect them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    I have work to do and so I want to stop doing more pleasurable things, like playing on the internet and watchin TV, but I have no self control. Help!
    Kill the internet connection and step away from the computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    I have the same problem but I have to do my work on computer. I keep switching from Word to this website.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i have that problem. Have tried unplugging the net connection, but i then just sit there, staring into space. Then, i realise I may as well do *something*, even if it isnt productive. Then. quicker than you can say "plug the net connection back in and start surfing", i have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    I have the same problem but I have to do my work on computer. I keep switching from Word to this website.
    Me too. I understand your plight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    Hehe, same here. I'm working on my website projects and jumping back and forth. I have 6 different things going at once right now. Hmmm, I wonder why my computer is moving so slow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Hehe, same here. I'm working on my website projects and jumping back and forth. I have 6 different things going at once right now. Hmmm, I wonder why my computer is moving so slow?
    So thats why you keep jumping out of bed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm supposed to be doing an assessment right now. I'm stuck though. I haven't even got a 3rd of the way through it (I got it on Monday), I haven't started doing the writeup and it's due in first thing Friday.... help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    So thats why you keep jumping out of bed.
    I told you I have a ton of work to get done, you just wouldn't listen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I told you I have a ton of work to get done, you just wouldn't listen.
    And you can't resist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    And you can't resist.
    Hehe.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.