Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So far I have seen polls on harry potter, topical discussions on sex, relationships, the meaning of life, uni topics, none related topics, etc, how about is there life on mars, is there life after death, is there an inner spirit, or how about do you only believe in what you see, how about what you cant see, just because you cant *see* the wind, does it mean it doesnt exist? We can see the effects of the wind, by seeing leaves move as one example.

Am I the only one that seeks answers for everything? Must admit been told to stop looking and felt like giving up from time to time, yet a strong desire to learn and know keeps me going. Anyone got any ideas, thoughts to share, Id be interested in reading them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    So far I have seen polls on harry potter, topical discussions on sex, relationships, the meaning of life, uni topics, none related topics, etc, how about is there life on mars, is there life after death, is there an inner spirit, or how about do you only believe in what you see, how about what you cant see, just because you cant *see* the wind, does it mean it doesnt exist? We can see the effects of the wind, by seeing leaves move as one example.

Am I the only one that seeks answers for everything? Must admit been told to stop looking and felt like giving up from time to time, yet a strong desire to learn and know keeps me going. Anyone got any ideas, thoughts to share, Id be interested in reading them
    Does this post exist?

ReputationRep:
    what are your beliefs?

any ideas, seeing as though you been asking questions, and looking for answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Does this post exist?
    OMG, do I exist, am I just a figment of imagination, a cyber ghost, a computer with a mind of its own

ReputationRep:
    OMG, do I exist, am I just a figment of imagination, a cyber ghost, a computer with a mind of its own
    *realises he is not a philosopher*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sza)
    what are your beliefs?

any ideas, seeing as though you been asking questions, and looking for answers?
    My beliefs, we are born for a reason, we live for a reason, we die at a time preordained as Ive said previously in a thread A and C are already written B is our choices, our path in life.

Yes there is life after death, our body dies, but the force which drives is lives on. Yes there is life on mars, damn, what else did I say, heads a shed at the moment

ReputationRep:
    existence preceeds the essense (You love satre really Adhsur! )

ReputationRep:
    *realises he is not a philosopher*
    Dunno what it is about me that makes people assume Im male, but Im female, lol, with all the bits in the right places, for an imaginery character anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    My beliefs, we are born for a reason, we live for a reason, we die at a time preordained as Ive said previously in a thread A and C are already written B is our choices, our path in life.

Yes there is life after death, our body dies, but the force which drives is lives on. Yes there is life on mars, damn, what else did I say, heads a shed at the moment
    I believe that there isn't necessarily a reason for life but that we should set ourselves goals that make life worth living...in a way, make a reason for living...
    Besides that, this force that you told about..what do you think that force does and do you think it gives us "feeling" after death?....(Sorry if this has been raised before...i can't remember.)

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what it is about me that makes people assume Im male, but Im female, lol, with all the bits in the right places, for an imaginery character anyway :P
    I meant me

ReputationRep:

there is life after sex i mean death!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends in what sense you mean feeling if you mean as though you can *feel* like hand to hand, then no, feel more at one with yourself and the world around you, then yes, although I dont think death brings knowledge, learning is the driving force behind our existence. If we can learn to accept ourselves then we can accept others around us, the *force* contrary to popular belief isnt one of the Jedi making although Yoga did have some pretty interesting theories

Life isnt just what we make it, its what has already been made for us, our freedom comes in the decisions we make, the paths we choose, although I believe even those happen for a reason. No I am not of a religious nature, just a woman finding her way in life and seeking answers and asking questions, why, because Im nosey basically :P

ReputationRep:
    I meant me
    Oopsies *blushes*, apologies to you

Offers a bar of choccy as way of apology

ReputationRep:
    Depends in what sense you mean feeling if you mean as though you can *feel* like hand to hand, then no, feel more at one with yourself and the world around you, then yes, although I dont think death brings knowledge, learning is the driving force behind our existence. If we can learn to accept ourselves then we can accept others around us, the *force* contrary to popular belief isnt one of the Jedi making although Yoga did have some pretty interesting theories

Life isnt just what we make it, its what has already been made for us, our freedom comes in the decisions we make, the paths we choose, although I believe even those happen for a reason. No I am not of a religious nature, just a woman finding her way in life and seeking answers and asking questions, why, because Im nosey basically :P
    I meant "Feeling" as you said "being one with oneself". And I don't think being nosey is a bad thing when it comes to these types of questions, it's only human .

ReputationRep:

Well, I don't see how people could doubt life after death. I can barely remember what I did last week, that doesn't mean it didn't happen--let alone three or more years ago. It would seem only logical you cannot remember before you were born. Through hypnosis, however, you can. I would only assume, therefore, that after my body dies, I continue on as well.

Inner spirit? Well, if you weren't there to control or move your body, do you think it would move or do anything at all? I can focus my attention on any part of my body, I can stop thinking, I can move my arms. Whether or not I'm thinking, or living in my body, or what not, does not mean I don't exist. I use thoughts, words, etc. to communicate. The ego is the body's response to things you do without acting them out. If you didn't think at all, you would simply do what you were thinking (ie. I think about calling someone an idiot, but my ego says, "No no. This would not be good." Therefore, since I did not act on my impulse, my own reaction, thoughts begin acting out as I begin to perceive myself as something other than my own choice--I denied my impulse, or basically WHO I AM, and now my ego is questioning itself, and looking at itself as another "being", or "entity", since it cannot act on its own).

We are spirit, we simply are, and no more. But we use the body as existing in the physical--you are not your thoughts (reflections of what you hear), nor your sensations of feeling, smell, imagination (reflections of what you see), taste, etc. We can recall at any time what we remember, but you must realize you are more than this body, which is simply a machine. Sometimes you can temporarily remove your ego, thoughts, questions, longer-term memories, etc. and just exist in the moment as you realize you are ALWAYS in one little place in time, and every time you think about things, remember things, etc., you are recalling your past. At this point you stop using the term "I" while you think, or "me", and completely deny the fact that there is an "I" or "me", and realize you are not this, or that, but you just ARE.

When you talk to yourself using "I", or "me", you are referring to yourself TO YOURSELF--and you, as simply just being, cannot understand how you can refer to yourself, as you ARE yourself, and you never stop being yourself. The reactions of people to you and such are what causes this confusion--we try to predict what people are thinking, so we begin thinking about "ourself", and try referring to ourself, causing much unneeded stress and loss of energy. However, the ego is not that bad, only when you believe you are this ego and deny change. The ego is yours to mold, to watch, to realize, to sense, and to help you survive in society. If there was no one else out there thinking, we would not think. We would know that when we push a rock, it will move, and if it does not, we might become a bit confused for a little bit, and then move on. But when people are constantly changing, and unpredictable, we begin thinking as a means of "catching up". When you over-value the ego, you begin losing sense of yourself, sense of freedom...your ego makes you believe you have no choice, it controls you--the sense of fear, anger, and other emotions ARE YOU, but this is not true. Without the ego you have no emotions, but you are conscious.

People's EGO uses language as a means of communicating with itself, which is why we believe death is to be feared, which is why we believe without the ego we are nothing. Without the ego, we still are, and will always be. Death is simply removing this completely, and there will be no fear, there will be no worries, or questions, because the ego is what makes this. We will simply move on and keep BEING, and we will make choices and BE our choices, without thinking about it. We can reincarnate, as well, because the physical world is simply nothing more than a way to experience ourself expressed physically. We use this "EGO" as a tool for reflecting upon ourself, and watching ourself change, and grow, etc. Otherwise, we're nothing more than vibration existing and being, and having everything it chooses. The physical world, however, has limits, and this is how we can watch ourself grow. We learn to BE with limits, while here, and this allows us to figure out who and what we are more easily--otherwise without limits, you simply are what you are, and there is no thinking, or worrying, or hating, or fearing, or not liking, or being unhappy, or bored...because these are just emotions of frustration that the EGO creates when it holds itself back--due to society, mainly. We cannot imagine or be anything other than ourself, just ME, my existence, and when we try to, the body senses stress. When you want something, you have to reexamine why you want it (do you really want it?), and what is holding you back (do you believe this is not possible? you are not worthy or deserving of this? is it because you see other people unhappy and believe you deserve exactly the same?). Everyone is different, unhappiness comes from not being yourself. The more stress you have because of this, the less healthier you will be, and the less fulfilled. Your body, your animal, is meant to be what it is. It is meant to be very much so loved, accepted, and a part of society. When you put up blocks, emotions, thoughts, etc. you are blocking yourself from this. Any amount of healing is possible, but to do this you must remove the block (the ego and its emotions attached to this--and the beliefs about this).

In fact is has been reported that homosexuals who have removed their ego temporarily have been able to recover heterosexuality. The body is natural. There is no sin, there isn't anything bad...only what the ego is blocking. You instinctively know what you want, how you want it. The ego hides this. Most religions teach forgiveness, and forgiveness, which I think is amazing how Christianity can preach sin AND forgiveness at the same time, is simply realizing there was no sin committed, therefore the negativity attached to it is not real...and when you realize this, the negativity goes away, and you heal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    I meant "Feeling" as you said "being one with oneself". And I don't think being nosey is a bad thing when it comes to these types of questions, it's only human .
    Oh not this again!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    mmmh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    existence preceeds the essense (You love satre really Adhsur! )
    Oh of course I do...he is SO inspiring!!! In fact, I can spell essence unlike some - so I must be a fan

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and before you whine about my long post, read the thread! Someone is concerned about life, and hope, and are seeking out help. I'm only assuming they'd rather have a huge insight than half the crap in here. So don't whine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Oh not this again!!! :rolleyes:
    well i think it's only fair that everybody hears it!.....geez :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.