Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm planning to apply for med school this summer but i didn't do physics at a levels or at gcse. i know i dont need physics at a levels but some unis specify having it at gcse. does this mean i cant apply there? and if so could i sit for gcse physics now? i live in malaysia so i can do it at the british council no worries.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you could sit a GCSE exam in Physics.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth did you not do phys gcse? I thought it was part of science in general...

ReputationRep:
    Have you done GCSE double award Science? If so, that's fine for med school.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do A-Level physics and only did double award science and it never did me any harm (i hate physics with a passion) =)

ReputationRep:
    ok well here's the deal. i did GCE O levels, which is like the old GCSEs. so i did bio and chem, we dont have double awards science. it looks like i'll have to do either physics or double award science. so wat should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do: contact a selection of unis you want to apply to and see what they say.

Oh and sorry I didn't see that you were an International.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I didn't do A-Level physics and only did double award science and it never did me any harm (i hate physics with a passion) =)
    Ditto!

I hate Cardiorespiratory too, for the same reasons - physics yuk!

ReputationRep:
    Is it really a huge obstacle not doing physics at gcse?

My bet is if youre already doing Biology/Chemistry at A levels you can pretty much go to any medcine school. Most of them want Chemistry, not Physics.

I don't know. It's probably not the case for that particular school youre trying to get in.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.