The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

How good is Surrey Univerisity?

Hey,
Question speaks for itself really, was just wandering I am in year 12 and just thinking of Univeristies to choose.. but was wandering how good or bad it is? what are the majority of people (ethinic wise) and what is the atmosphere like?
Also what grades I need if I was to take Law or Economics
Business Studies, Economics, Government and Politics and History are the AS Levels I take
Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Well if it is in Surrey then it has to be good.
I am in Year 12 too...bit early to be thinking that isn't it?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
abucha3
Well if it is in Surrey then it has to be good.
I am in Year 12 too...bit early to be thinking that isn't it?

Lool bit of a sterotype..
And yeah I know, just something that has been going round my head recently..
:smile:
Reply 3
Go for an open day.
Surrey was my insurance choice. Apparently the atmosphere is "posh and proud of it" according to Push.co.uk, and you won't find many ethnic minorities there.

Also, it is worth taking into consideration the fact that their alumni includes Jeremy Kyle.
Reply 5
GetTheeToANunnery
Surrey was my insurance choice. Apparently the atmosphere is "posh and proud of it" according to Push.co.uk, and you won't find many ethnic minorities there.

Also, it is worth taking into consideration the fact that their alumni includes Jeremy Kyle.

Lol thanks :smile:
Reply 6
cfc1992
Go for an open day.

Ok thanks :smile:
Delight :)
Lool bit of a sterotype..
And yeah I know, just something that has been going round my head recently..
:smile:

loool

well i live in surrey so you can understand the favouritism loool
wow your organised...univerisity choices hasnt even flickered my mind yet. lmao.
Reply 8
GetTheeToANunnery

Is having an ethnic minority something bad?
Reply 9
abucha3
loool

well i live in surrey so you can understand the favouritism loool
wow your organised...univerisity choices hasnt even flickered my mind yet. lmao.

Lool not really.. just looking to the future
What Subjects do you do (:
I live in Surrey and whilst I don't go to the Uni, I know a few people that do/have and have had pretty good things to say about it. There are a lot of ethnic minorities because as far as I'm aware they're big on international students. I wouldn't really say it's 'posh' really.. no more than most half decent universities. As someone else suggested, go for an open day, the campus is pretty nice.
Lool not really.. just looking to the future
What Subjects do you do (:

Ha Ha :smile:
Government and Politics, English Language, English Lit, History.
English Lit is a real bitch :frown:
Wbu?
.Serenity.
Is having an ethnic minority something bad?

No, but it was part of the question. :p:
Reply 13
juicylucy :)
I live in Surrey and whilst I don't go to the Uni, I know a few people that do/have and have had pretty good things to say about it. There are a lot of ethnic minorities because as far as I'm aware they're big on international students. I wouldn't really say it's 'posh' really.. no more than most half decent universities. As someone else suggested, go for an open day, the campus is pretty nice.

Thank you
Good advice :smile:
juicylucy :)

Surrey Univerisity...Not Posh ??? :shock:
loool
Reply 15
abucha3
Ha Ha :smile:
Government and Politics, English Language, English Lit, History.
English Lit is a real bitch :frown:
Wbu?

Ahh had enough English at GCSE Level
Business Studies, Economics, Government and Politics and History
Ahh had enough English at GCSE Level
Business Studies, Economics, Government and Politics and History

Oooh quite tough subjects.
Yeah I am thinking of dropping English Lit but I am not sure yet loool.
Reply 17
abucha3
Oooh quite tough subjects.
Yeah I am thinking of dropping English Lit but I am not sure yet loool.

Lool already!!
'Wow your organised'
Lool already!!
'Wow your organised'

Ha Ha lool
Reply 19
abucha3
Ha Ha lool

Lol

Quick Reply

Latest