Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to brunel uni? or anyone at brunel uni because can they tell me what its like i have only seen there sports facilities, how is the academic side?

ReputationRep:
    It isn't great academically. Not bad though.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really close to being classed in the top twenty universities in the country but nor is it ever going to be close to being classed as terrible! It is a good university - featuring consistently in the upper forties of the Times league table (which I consider pretty reliable given the criteria’s it's based upon are quite appropriate). Besides you've also got many departments rated excellent incl: engineering, politics, sports, mathematics, biosciences etc!

Having been accommodated on the Brunel Runneymede campus along with 300 other Royal Holloway students I feel I have a fair amount of knowledge on this university having interacted with many Brunel students.

I know that if you’re based in Uxbridge (the main campus) then you have great facilities and apparently a very good social life, add to that it’s very close to London. On the other hand if you’re based at the Runneymede campus it’s a different story. Although Brunel overall has great transport policies the bus taking Brunel Runneymede students to main campus where their lectures now take place - comes every 1 ½ - 2 hours (taking more than an hour to get to Uxbridge). Also in terms of having a great social life – you have to crash at our SU (which is excellent) as you only have a tiny bar to cater for you!

Not sure about the Twickenham and Osterley campus' – latest rumour is that there are no SU facilities there as they’re going to centralise everything now at Uxbridge (would make sense as they're selling a lot of their buildings off at Runneymede) and there are many projects underway to improve things. I’m pretty sure all first years end up on the Uxbridge campus anyway! Either way you're always very close to London - is literally a stones throw away taking at least 35 minutes to get there.

ReputationRep:
    Something I've been wondering for a while - can Brunel students at the Runneymede site use Royal Holloway union facilities?

ReputationRep:
    Yes – Both Brunel and RHUL have some kind of agreement about it. Everytime I've been at the union I've seen lots of Brunel faces.

ReputationRep:
    Yeay...I'm off to brunel in September. Hurrah.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys. i'm off to brunel, too. gonna study psychology/sociology. I've had a look at the campus and halls and it's fine really. theres still lots of building work going on but it should be finished soon!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Brunel University London
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.