Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, I’m trying to teach my friend how to walk in heels. (she is basically a bit of a tom boy, who wants to’ glam’ up’. I’ve told her to think ‘heal, toe’ but that’s really all the advice I can give. I thought some people on tsr might be able to help. So give it your best shot, what’s your best advice on how to walk in high heels?

ReputationRep:
    Stand up first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    Right, I’m trying to teach my friend how to walk in heels. (she is basically a bit of a tom boy, who wants to’ glam’ up’. I’ve told her to think ‘heal, toe’ but that’s really all the advice I can give. I thought some people on tsr might be able to help. So give it your best shot, what’s your best advice on how to walk in high heels?
    This should be interesting! I love original threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)

advise her to roll her hips aswell then she mite find it easier to walk in them
    go on reply to me if she manages it ok luv yaz sammy

ReputationRep:
    first of all get her to start off wearing lowish heels and see if she can walk in those and keep wearing them so she can practice
    then she can go for higher as she gets used to them
    basically she jus needs to keep wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe initially it will be painfull for the balls of her feet, so if she wanted she could try Scholls Party feet, or similar footwear protection. lol...sounds funny when i read it back!

ReputationRep:
    ooo i havee this problem, can't walk in them to save my life! well v.v.v teeny ones.

My best mate tried to teach me, had hairlarious results, i was falling over everywhere, (luckily only round the house/down my street)

If i wear them out i alwys end up taking themoff and going home bare footed hehe

What helped was to walk aroudn in tehma lot, jsut around the house, adn to try and act more lady liek, aka not adjusted my posture etc.. it helped.

i can now walk in small ones v.well and am getting there with biger ones.

Also try starting wit hmore of a wedge heel as oppsoed to a stiletto, as it give you more confidence!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise it was so difficult, my ex used to wear heels all the time and never had any bother... unless drunk!

Are you just unco-ordinated? :p:

I would of course love to show you how it's done, but I rarely come across a pair of size 13 heels to test drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    I didn't realise it was so difficult, my ex used to wear heels all the time and never had any bother... unless drunk!

Are you just unco-ordinated? :p:

I would of course love to show you how it's done, but I rarely come across a pair of size 13 heels to test drive.

lol

erm well i've never been "girli girli" still am not now, but on occasion heels are reqruired so ...

yeah i have no blance lol, never have!

ReputationRep:
    I have rubbish balance too, I always used to fall off those plank walkways in children's adventure playgrounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    I have rubbish balance too, I always used to fall off those plank walkways in children's adventure playgrounds.

i still do :p:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Amzybaby24]erm well i've never been "girli girli" still am not now, but on occasion heels are reqruired so ...QUOTE]

When is that? I know girls who have never worn any in their whole lives. Apparently it's BAD for your feet and sometimes girls look really silly trying to walk in them.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ModernHippie]
    (Original post by Amzybaby24)
    erm well i've never been "girli girli" still am not now, but on occasion heels are reqruired so ...QUOTE]

When is that? I know girls who have never worn any in their whole lives. Apparently it's BAD for your feet and sometimes girls look really silly trying to walk in them.

prom/ leavers prom. elegant nights out, on captin night ona cruise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amzybaby24)
    prom/ leavers prom. elegant nights out, on captin night ona cruise!
    Boots? Elegant sandals? Always thought they look nicer on girls than heels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ModernHippie)
    Boots? Elegant sandals? Always thought they look nicer on girls than heels.

boot and dreese ??? maybe not lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No no no no no! You need to practise in impossibly high ones, then anything lower seems easy. But don't buy cheap shoes as they're bad for your feet. I also find it better if you go half a size/a size up in heels.

I wear heels most of the time now; I even began to wish I was wearing heels when seeing Green Day on Sunday as my feet were hurting in trainers! And the only time my feet hurt in heels is when I tried those Scholl Party Feet things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I wear heels most of the time now; I even began to wish I was wearing heels when seeing Green Day on Sunday as my feet were hurting in trainers! And the only time my feet hurt in heels is when I tried those Scholl Party Feet things

lol nop i was hapy in d front of d pit tin my cons lol 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I also find it better if you go half a size/a size up in heels.
    Why?! Why would you do that?! If i wear heels that are too big (a rarity with my size 7s ) then my feet just slip and it's impossible to walk!!

ReputationRep:
    just practice. (start small) or you could try wedges before hand?
    You don't have to wear heels to look glam you know! I don't wear heels all the time, yet i consider myself to be a girly girl I've found pumps to be just as pretty and glamorous plus it's more practical as you’re feet don’t hurt as much!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Why?! Why would you do that?! If i wear heels that are too big (a rarity with my size 7s ) then my feet just slip and it's impossible to walk!!
    I don't know, it's just what I find works best!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.