Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *Sigh* guys just don't know how painful heels are. I'm a shortie myself

Also, I know that flat pumps can be pretty and make some girls look really glam, but I am not one of those girls....I personally think that that only really works on tall, slender girls. Guess I'll have to stick with the pain.

Apparently Jimmy Choos are so well made that they distribute the weight evenly over your feet and are really comfortable....sadly I don't know that from experience....

ReputationRep:
    Some heels are ok to walk in while others are terrible! I think it's best to practice at home walking in them before you go out. I always end up taking mine off or walking home barefoot if they're really uncomfortable!

ReputationRep:
    i thought that i had given the perfect solution, during the week wear medium sized heels.....then weekend when you are going out where the true heels,
    thats what i do and it works well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lili)
    Some heels are ok to walk in while others are terrible! I think it's best to practice at home walking in them before you go out. I always end up taking mine off or walking home barefoot if they're really uncomfortable!

me too! the ammount of tyms i cut my feet! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    my advice is wear them in your house and practise walking up and down stairs, when you go down walk sideways so your whole foot is on the stair and you dont feel like your gonna fall down them.

ReputationRep:
    just heel, toe, heel, toe all the way

and if you fall over try not to look too glamourous before you do it otherwise you look a complete numpty

ReputationRep:
    Its not a good idea to start on actually heels. Start small and work your way up. But as everyone has said think, heel, toe, heel, toe all the way.

ReputationRep:
    always make sure yr shoes are on the right feet and done up tight... always a good start :wink:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkenani)
    i thought that i had given the perfect solution, during the week wear medium sized heels.....then weekend when you are going out where the true heels,
    thats what i do and it works well
    yep - but my only problem is after wearing heels for so long, my feet feel weird in tennis shoes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    Right, I’m trying to teach my friend how to walk in heels. (she is basically a bit of a tom boy, who wants to’ glam’ up’. I’ve told her to think ‘heal, toe’ but that’s really all the advice I can give. I thought some people on tsr might be able to help. So give it your best shot, what’s your best advice on how to walk in high heels?
    Hi Haley_2k4 I didn't have much time to read all the thread Got work in an hour :/ :rolleyes: buuuttt.... I highly recommend checking out the Vogue forums! :p: I've just discovered them, and they're so good, I'm loving it - don't think I'll be here much longer anymore b/c of 'em Yep, and they'd tell you all you need to know about walking like a model, and more :cool:

I can give you the link to the Australian one if you want (just PM me), but I'm sure there must be a British one you can use, if you live in the UK,

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    funny. haha. i've always been thinking abt it too. I keep falling down when I wear heels.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think u can really teach anyone to walk in heels.. (can you?) its just a matter of practice. i love heels.. they make me tall now i can run in them too, as long as they're not higher than 2inches.

i try not to wear them everyday tho, i read somewhere that in the long run our feet will become deformed if we wear heels everyday. ugh.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.