Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Les Miserables Society watch

ReputationRep:
    We've been doing not too bad

ReputationRep:
    I watched the whole les mis concert thing over xmas, my mum got it off my little sister and we both sat and I realised how moving the whole musical is. Still love love love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    I watched the whole les mis concert thing over xmas, my mum got it off my little sister and we both sat and I realised how moving the whole musical is. Still love love love it
    Oh, you watched The 10th Anniversary Concert? That's surely Les Mis at one of its best Who did you like? What song did you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Oh, you watched The 10th Anniversary Concert? That's surely Les Mis at one of its best Who did you like? What song did you like?
    I have ALWAYS loved Javert, and I love that guy in the 10th anniversary thing I think he's perfect for the role really.

I love the eponine in that concert too, I think she's stunning and her voice is just amazing really.

And ofcourse valjean just rocks in every way, I mean that guy whoever he is is just THE only person that can play him perfectly, I love him!!

ReputationRep:
    I have ALWAYS loved Javert, and I love that guy in the 10th anniversary thing I think he's perfect for the role really.

I love the eponine in that concert too, I think she's stunning and her voice is just amazing really.

And ofcourse valjean just rocks in every way, I mean that guy whoever he is is just THE only person that can play him perfectly, I love him!!
    Philip Quast as Javert is perfect :love: Especially his Stars. He was singing in Evita a few months ago, but I didn't get to see him... Eponine was also really good. She sounds fab in Miss Saigon as well! In fact everyone in that concert was brilliant, including even the chorus people at the back Pity that I was only 5 when that concert was held.... I would definitely have gone!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I :suith: the 10th Anniversary version. I have it on DVD

ReputationRep:

Colm Wilkinson?
    fr brownes dad went to school with him back in Ireland ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Hannah has great taste on JVJ and Javvy
    I think my dvd of the concert got scratched by my mate

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Alun Armstrong as Thenadier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibwhips)
    Don't forget Alun Armstrong as Thenadier
    Thenadier is my least favourite character

I think i am going to see the musical again... the tickets are on offer at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    Thenadier is my least favourite character

I think i am going to see the musical again... the tickets are on offer at the moment
    When are you going? My parents and I are hoping to go around the end of March, or during the Easter holidays. I really want to see it while John Owen-Jones is still playing Valjean

ReputationRep:
    He may be your least favourite, but Alun Armstrong plays him brilliantly.

Our theatre company is performing it at the Minack Theatre in Easter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    When are you going? My parents and I are hoping to go around the end of March, or during the Easter holidays. I really want to see it while John Owen-Jones is still playing Valjean
    I'm sure... but it will definetly be in the holidays sometime. Maybe half-term or Easter... but we normally go overnight because London is 4 hours away on the train (45 mins on plane ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    I'm sure... but it will definetly be in the holidays sometime. Maybe half-term or Easter... but we normally go overnight because London is 4 hours away on the train (45 mins on plane ).
    Shows sell out in advance months in advance, half term or easter may be impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join...I love les mis - i'm listening to the music right right now
    I've seen it in london a few years ago - really want to see it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow24)
    Can I join...I love les mis - i'm listening to the music right right now
    I've seen it in london a few years ago - really want to see it again!
    Feel free, click here and either myself or Acaila will add you to the member group.

ReputationRep:
    I know its a Les Mis society, but I thought I'd ask if theres any other musicals people have liked.

ReputationRep:
    I love virtually all musicals, apart from Wicked (which everyone seems to be raving about for some reason...I saw it and didn't think it was that great).

ReputationRep:
    I really like Phantom of the Opera (I know, typical!) and Miss Saigon. I've also seen Lion King - the costumes and stuff were amazing but the story and the songs are exactly the same as the film, so I didn't think it was that good really as a musical. Others I've seen include Annie (which I hated), The Producers (quite funny, but not exactly memorable, plus I was on the second from last row on the upper circle lol ), Cats (quite liked) and The Woman in White (OK, but I was looking forward to seeing Ruthie Henshall and she was off sick when I went, so was disappointing).

I was going to see Wicked sometime, but it isn't that good then? Which others do you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    I think the best musical has to be Blood Brothers. The annoying thing is I live in Cornwall and so have a long way to travel to London to see performances at the West End.

I want to see Wicked as well, as I just love the song Defying Gravity. ANd Billy Elliot is another I want to see.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.