Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpinkuk)
    Not yet. Hopefully one day when I'm no longer a poor student! I'd like to see Phantom as well one day.
    I've seen Phantom, it's great when live :love:

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    i absolutely LOVE les mis & might be doing it next year as a school production! :O

how can i join ur society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    hey!
    i absolutely LOVE les mis & might be doing it next year as a school production! :O

Click here to join (go down the page and click on "Join this Soc") - and one of the leaders should accept you soon

Welcome! :hello: Have you ever seen Les Mis live? :love:

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see new people joining the soc!

Apparently "Cosette" is utter rubbish, though I haven't read it personally. And yeah, I agree that sequels written by different authors doesn't really work... I didn't like "Scarlett" that much either.

And in other news... I've officially booked my ticket to see Les Mis in April Stalls, row D, seat 14 I'm ecstatic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Nice to see new people joining the soc!

Apparently "Cosette" is utter rubbish, though I haven't read it personally. And yeah, I agree that sequels written by different authors doesn't really work... I didn't like "Scarlett" that much either.

And in other news... I've officially booked my ticket to see Les Mis in April Stalls, row D, seat 14 I'm ecstatic!
    Oh great I might be going to see The Lion King some time around then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    hey!

Click here.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Nice to see other Les Mis / musicals fans here! I've applied to join

Lauren x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow84uk)
    Hey,

Nice to see other Les Mis / musicals fans here! I've applied to join

Lauren x
    Accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    Oh great I might be going to see The Lion King some time around then
    Lion King was great also (although never on par with Les Mis of course ) - but when we went the sun that comes up during Circle of Life didn't, so they had to stop the show for 10 minutes! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej)
    I've seen Phantom, it's great when live :love:
    Les Mis is better than Phantom live IMO

The Phantom film rocked though!! I loved that, and I think I prefer the music from Phantom in a way - but then Les Mis has the better story line... but Phantom is so SAD

ARGH OK I can't decide, I just think Les Mis is better than Phantom live, that's all

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a good version of the film? I've been looking on Amazon, but to be honest I'm clueless and most of the reviews are terrible

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a good version of the film? I've been looking on Amazon, but to be honest I'm clueless and most of the reviews are terrible
    I've never seen a good version of the film

ReputationRep:
    Damn. Heh heh. I've seen one and thought it was awful, was hoping there was a decent one I could watch

ReputationRep:
    Damn. Heh heh. I've seen one and thought it was awful, was hoping there was a decent one I could watch
    I just watch the in concert instead

ReputationRep:
    Aye I've got a copy of that one at home. I'll have to remember to bring it back to uni when I next go home.

Have been trying to indoctrinate my boyfriend into my love of musicals, but he's not having the fact that it is a 'singing' version rather than a 'doing' version :rolleyes: Still, I'll watch it!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed - my boyfriend loves opera but hates musicals. I tried to convince him that musicals are just modern operas but he wasn't having any of it

ReputationRep:
    I've got the Liam Neeson one, and the Richard Jordan one - they're ok, but not as good as the musical.
    I've heard the Depardieu one is good but I think it might be in French. I know a website that's got reviews of them - will post it if I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    Click here to join (go down the page and click on "Join this Soc") - and one of the leaders should accept you soon

Welcome! :hello: Have you ever seen Les Mis live? :love:
    i havent unfortunately, wanted to go this christmas but tickets are so expensive for families and then travel costs etc.....

hopefully will go this year though maybe as an after-gcse treat!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever seen Blood Brothers?

It went on tour a couple of years ago (and i saw it twice then ) and it's going on tour again! It is not as good as Les Mis, but as it was the first musical i ever saw i still think it's great!

I've already got the tickets for May.

ReputationRep:
    My bf has and he loaned me his CD to rip. Pretty good though if I heard Marilyn Monroe mentioned once more I was liable to scream!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.