Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Nothing from Chess?
    Nope.... it's not mentioned in the programme either Despite Andy [one of the main singers] being in it.. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I went to see Les Mis on Tuesday.... it was AMAZING It was my 4th time but it's always as good as the first I'll be devastated when the show finishes, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I went to see Les Mis on Tuesday.... it was AMAZING It was my 4th time but it's always as good as the first I'll be devastated when the show finishes, though
    Ohhh wow!!

ReputationRep:
    I totally LOVE this musical!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by city_chic)
    I totally LOVE this musical!
    Great to hear it! Which songs do you like best? Have you seen the musical live?

ReputationRep:
    Good taste

well i have to say i've seen this show 5 times now in the west end, and i've got the dvd for the 20th anniversary and i just love this musical!!!

performed it in November of this year at the school i am performing arts technician for (best gap year EVER!!! - got a job at my school to do lighting and sound and got to take part in teh best musical of all time) the schools edition mght not be as fantastic but it makes me tingle everytime i hear those opening bars played

i know some people who were bitten by the Les Miserables bug when the production finished at the school and well some are even going to continue thier new found passion over the summer!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to see Blood Brothers tonight! For the 5th time.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely LOVE Les Miserables. I saw it in the West End when I was like 8, and after that I wanted to be in musicals myself, it was my dream job at the time :p: I wanted to play the part of Cossette as a girl lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I was listening to it on the bus home today

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I was listening to it on the bus home today
    It was excellent, again. Standing ovation of course.

Linda Nolan got very emotional at the end. Was sooo nice.

And half way through she had a major laughing fit (the bit where the judge starts saying "Can i take youuuu dancing, young lady?" and then gets an erection.) :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    For a second there I thought you were talking about Les Mis and was like "Where is that?!!! :eek:"

ReputationRep:
    For a second there I thought you were talking about Les Mis and was like "Where is that?!!! :eek:"
    Oops... sorry.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, I was just a bit out of it

well i've jsut booked tickets to go see the greatest show in the world.... AGAIN!!!

6th time seeing the show. and i'm still not bored of it now... although i'm sad enough to look at the technical aspects of it now and look where lights are positioned, and try spotting the backstage crew.

still a fantastic show... oh and if any of you ever get the chance take the backstage tour as i did. its so cool to find out that theres a guy sitting inside the right hand part of the barricade operating the entire movement of it.

also its strange how steep the stage is and how the cart disappears up into the scenery at the back where the sewer opens up. trust me on this its a fantastic experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    well i've jsut booked tickets to go see the greatest show in the world.... AGAIN!!!

6th time seeing the show. and i'm still not bored of it now... although i'm sad enough to look at the technical aspects of it now and look where lights are positioned, and try spotting the backstage crew.

still a fantastic show... oh and if any of you ever get the chance take the backstage tour as i did. its so cool to find out that theres a guy sitting inside the right hand part of the barricade operating the entire movement of it.

also its strange how steep the stage is and how the cart disappears up into the scenery at the back where the sewer opens up. trust me on this its a fantastic experience.
    Awww great!

That seems really interesting actually. Was it expensive though? [the backstage tour i mean]

Les Mis ftw! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Oh you are so lucky
    It's nice that it holds up so well to multiple viewings - I always try and look at different things (e.g. some of the ensemble used to do hilarious stuff during Master of the House, so I used to watch them and people looked at me funny for giggling at the wrong times)
    Would love to do a backstage tour!

ReputationRep:
    Oh you are so lucky
    It's nice that it holds up so well to multiple viewings - I always try and look at different things (e.g. some of the ensemble used to do hilarious stuff during Master of the House, so I used to watch them and people looked at me funny for giggling at the wrong times)
    Would love to do a backstage tour!
    Ooh, I know Every time I go there's always something to new to look at, especially in Master of the House/Red & Black/At the end of the Day/Look Down and the other huge group numbers. For the first few times I concentrate on the person who's singing but after that you tend to look at the people in the corner who are doing the most hilarious things!

I want to see it again!!! And the backstage tour sounds great, how did you organise it?

well as i posted in a previous response i did it with the school and as part of that (me being the technical director) i managed to organise a backstage tour for all the technical/backstage crew, plus we managed to smuggle along some of the main characters in our performance. i think for the whole trip. including the coach down there form royston (14 miles from cambridge) with backstage tour and tickets came to about £35. i know it was stupidly cheap but we had a few of us going and we got special discounts ect.

if you go here: http://www.lesmis.com/pages/book_now....htm#backstage

you can go through the link to red letter days... although thats super expensive. i managed to arrange the school tours. so maybe if your theatre group wanted to try get a group ticket thing for it then it woiuld definately be a LOT cheaper and all the details are there.

i think the best fun we had was when we were in the bar area and we were trying on clothes from the cast members and playing with some of the props. but yeah if you can arrange it/ afford it then its something i would strongly suggest doing.

edit: if you are extremely lucky you might get to meet some of the cast as i did when i popped into the wings, or get to stand on the rotating stage whislt it spins.

wooooooooooo Les Miserables on Wednesday ... can't wait!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.