Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find this today?
    I found it OK

Was voltage on step up transformer 2070 Volts.

Then 19.17 AMps and 2.2A for secondary coil.

ReputationRep:
    I did hardly any revision (about 20 minutes before Big Brother last night and 5 mins in the car this morning) and I found it ok, so result! Haha. ALOT better than Chemistry, that was just awful...
    I got the same for that step up transformer one, for the one two... err I didn't know it so I made it up

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR double award. I thought it was fine. Too many electricity questions though. I was running out of things to say... Did anyone else do it?

ReputationRep:
    I got 2070V, 20A and then 2.2A for the secondary coil. How did u get 19.17A?

ReputationRep:
    i found it pretty okay..better than the chemistry...xxjayx for that question i got 2070 for the first part, 20A for the second part (i think you simply use P=IV) and for the third 2.2A.. and my exams are over now so YAAAAAY

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think it was 19.17... I got the 2070, 20 and 2.2 also... Not too bad, think I'll pass it just about.

ReputationRep:
    Ok heres one for you! Which way did the metal ball move in the last question... I think it was a trick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    I did OCR double award. I thought it was fine. Too many electricity questions though. I was running out of things to say... Did anyone else do it?
    i did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davror)
    Ok heres one for you! Which way did the metal ball move in the last question... I think it was a trick!
    which way did you draw it? i draw it going away from the ruler...but I'm guessing this is wrong ow that you say it was a trick que

ReputationRep:
    Yes, far too much electricity on the double award.

ReputationRep:
    I got 19.17, but if you think about it, that is just to 2 d.p where it is the same as 2.2 which is to 1 d.p
    I would still get the mark right?
    19.17 is the answer!

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a trick question I don't think, as they were both negativeley charged, they repelled as they were like poles?
    Not much more to it than that ^

ReputationRep:
    which way did the ball go and wat is the answer to howcould a doctor talk about the risks of iodine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjayx)
    I got 19.17, but if you think about it, that is just to 2 d.p where it is the same as 2.2 which is to 1 d.p
    19.17 is the answer!
    I'm pretty sure that 20 is the answer because most people I talked to after the exam got that and it seems logical...how did you get 19.17? did you use P=IV?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I used P=IV, coulda sworn I got just below 20 though

ReputationRep:
    or at least I got the P=IV bit right and just messed up the calculation which will get me 2/3 marks

ReputationRep:
    And thats what I thought... but! The ball was neutral rite? This means it has Positive and Negative charges.

The rod was negatively charged. I think the electrons moved to the right of the ball, making the rod, and positive charges attract (now on the left of the ball attract). Therefore surely the ball moves towards the rod? Maybe im wrong - but Page 6, part 4 of the CPG Physics revision guide suggests the same thing.

Lemme no what you think to this everyone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjayx)
    19.17 is the answer!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's 20A as well, because P = IV, and power was 4600, V was 230, which meant current would have been 20A...

ReputationRep:
    Was the ball induced when it said why the ball was attracted to the plastic positively charge rod? For my transformer answer i got: 2070, 20 and 180? It said whats the current on the SECONDARY COIL and since its a step up transformer the secondary coil current much be bigger than the primary. The primary was 20A so i got 2.2 but thought it was wrong because its less than the primary current so i changed it a bit and got exactly 180A. What did everyone else get for that last transformer question????
    confused now

ReputationRep:
    19.17A - I got that as well... Your not on your own! Its simply how many D.P you put it to? Mores gotta be greater accuracy surely.... And Physics is all about accuracy!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.