Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah, Physics extension is hard, what is in it? can anyone tell me what the exntension paper covers briefly please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestone)
    I just assumed that Transformer 1 would be the first one and Transformer 2 the second - I didn't look at the picture much either.

Yeah I put that transformer 1 increases the voltage so that energy transfer is more efficient, and transformer 2 acts as a step down transformer to decrease the voltage back to 230V to be transferred to the cottage.
    Sounds right, Is pretty much what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjayx)
    Biology, I think the A boundary will be 64% ish and A* 70
    Really? *Feels slightly relieved*

I got the impression that everyone thought biology was easy, but I found it the most difficult out of the three.

ReputationRep:
    You really think that A* would be as low as 70-75%?

I'm not saying ur wrong, but always thought it was more 85-90%

Or is this usually different with OCR bio?

ReputationRep:
    damnit

ReputationRep:
    I found Physics the easiest today, and Biology alright (although extension WAS hard)
    I will probably get a C in Chemistry but I havent done much and I have found it so hard! I came froma state school to a private school where the standards are much higher, and in Chemistry I suffered, whereas in Biology/Physics I'm aiming for A

ReputationRep:
    OK, at an extreme, I think in OCR Bio, Higher triple, you would have to get 75% ISH to get an A*
    I remmeber, I got an A in my mocks (using last years grade boundaries) and I only got like 61%

ReputationRep:
    Same - I was thinking biology was going to be 85% ish. I know this is the wrong thread too...but how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i found biology difficult out of the three too!! Probaly because i got confused with the timings. Basicly i was near the begining of the rows in the seating arrangement so a few rows next to me were A-Level. And we have a board with timings on it and it didnt say BIOLOGY 1:.... TO 2:... etc. It had just one and it was less than bio timings so i rushed everything as i THOUGHT i ran out of time then i realised that i was looking at the wrong board, the board indicating the timing for GCSE bio was on the left, well away from my view so i totally stuffed up!

ReputationRep:
    Biology triple? It wouldn't be the same as biology double would it...damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Yeh i found biology difficult out of the three too!! Probaly because i got confused with the timings. Basicly i was near the begining of the rows in the seating arrangement so a few rows next to me were A-Level. And we have a board with timings on it and it didnt say BIOLOGY 1:.... TO 2:... etc. It had just one and it was less than bio timings so i rushed everything as i THOUGHT i ran out of time then i realised that i was looking at the wrong board, the board indicating the timing for GCSE bio was on the left, well away from my view so i totally stuffed up!
    Awwwwwwwww!

How much time did you think you had?

ReputationRep:
    well normal time is 90mins - i didnt no that then, so i thought i had around 60mins!

ReputationRep:
    You sure that this 75% for an A* is Bio Seperate Science and OCR we are talking about here? Not another board or type of Bio exam...

Not douting you in anyway - Jus wana no really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestone)
    Biology triple? It wouldn't be the same as biology double would it...damn.
    Yes Biology triple has the same paper as you guys do, but we do an extension afterwards which you don't do.
    The 1hr30minute test you did is the same as I did, except I did an extension

ReputationRep:
    Davror, I seperate science, OCR Higher, belive me it is same board! we have Physics extension next monday, 45mins

ReputationRep:
    Oh right I see...!

So grade boundaries for double probably would be higher?

Does anybody know how the overall grade is calculated for double?

ReputationRep:
    yea look people LAST YEAR THE BOUNDARY FOR A* IN THE DOUBLE PAPER WAS 72% so people who r saying 85-90 are talking ****. Sorry to say it like that but its true

ReputationRep:
    err, I do not have a clue how it is worked out, But I think our extension paper is worth like 20%, and the extension is quite harder.

They convert your raw marks out of 100 into UMS points, and add it to your coursework scores.
    What ddi you all get in c/w? For Biology I got 28/30, Physics 27/30 and Chem 27/30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    yea look people LAST YEAR THE BOUNDARY FOR A* IN THE DOUBLE PAPER WAS 72% so people who r saying 85-90 are talking ****. Sorry to say it like that but its true
    Hopefully they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjayx)
    Davror, I seperate science, OCR Higher, belive me it is same board! we have Physics extension next monday, 45mins
    What do we have to revise for this? I don't remember out teacher giving us any specifics on which would be on the extension, and would not be. Our teacher really didn't do much throughout the year tbh...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.