Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I was wondering if there any people who are Russian/half Russian over here studying in the UK?
    Myself I'm half Russian and am kinda interested just to see how many people of a similar age to me are around in the UK, don't see many in college atm, but going to uni next year, so that might be different :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theisticandy)
    Heya, I was wondering if there any people who are Russian/half Russian over here studying in the UK?
    Myself I'm half Russian and am kinda interested just to see how many people of a similar age to me are around in the UK, don't see many in college atm, but going to uni next year, so that might be different :P
    well i used to live in a russian speaking country and my dad is kazah,so i speak russian.

ReputationRep:
    I live not too far away from guilford,

ReputationRep:
    I love Russians!! Krasivaja zopa!! That's what I can say, don't know how to spell it though

ReputationRep:
    Hey! My name is Diana and I live in oxford city. But originally I am from Russia, I am looking for new people to chat, to have fun, well you know, just looking for some new friends )) :p: So, I'd love to communivate with you and to tell you more about Russia, its customs and traditions.

ReputationRep:
    hey!!!!! :mad: it is very rude!!! You must say - Mmm, tvoya popka prosto super )))

ReputationRep:
    Ru swedish btw? I study swedish and I am going to live in Sweden for a year soon :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I am moving to UK and I am Russian, i wonder if it is easy or not to make friends in UK? R there anyone who speak Russian? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hello guys , I'm happy today cause I just got my Visa through for my trip to visit my friends and relatives (and kinda check out a bit more of the country too ) I'm gonna have such a good summer, first I'm going to the British grand prix at sliverstone then going to Russia, I'm soo excited!!!!!!

btw Cherry were your parents communists too? My grandfather worked in the communist party his whole life (from like 1934 or something onward!).

I love Russia

ReputationRep:
    I speak some Russian, can't write it, and can only read very slowly . To be honest though few people in this country speak Russian, it is rarely taught in schools and those who do speak it are either Russian themselves or have a personal interest in it!

ReputationRep:
    I speak some Russian, can't write it, and can only read very slowly . To be honest though few people in this country speak Russian, it is rarely taught in schools and those who do speak it are either Russian themselves or have a personal interest in it!
    so what do u think if I know Russian and swedish and I will finish my University soon, do I have any good chances to get a good job??? :pcguru:

ReputationRep:
    Well if you know English also then yes I should imagine someone with that array of languages who also has a degree will be able to find a good job pretty easily! What subject are you doing your degree in and which university?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you know English also then yes I should imagine someone with that array of languages who also has a degree will be able to find a good job pretty easily! What subject are you doing your degree in and which university?
    Well, i am studying in Russian University and this August I am going to Sweden for a year to study there, and then to UCL university or Oxford University to finish my education and get MA. Now I am studying Russian, Swedish languages and literature.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's a lot of jumping around.. Just as you're settled in one place, you're off to the next!

On the bright side, you get to experience a lot of different cultures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WQtRiggEr)
    Wow, that's a lot of jumping around.. Just as you're settled in one place, you're off to the next!

On the bright side, you get to experience a lot of different cultures!
    well, yeah, it is very interessting
    I am just doing it to get a good job in future, and to see the world!!!!!! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Well, then good luck in whatever you're trying to do!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.