The Student Room Group

Most unpopular course?

As I was reading some threads on medicine and dentistry, i started wondering if there were any courses that were so unpopular or undersubscribed that you could literally apply knowing that you'd get an offer/place??

Any thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Plenty, I mean there are a load at UCL for example, there is stuff like "Slovak (with Czech) and East European Studies BA" - who the heck does that?
Most of the courses you get at clearing are really random subjects at random unis (not saying UCL is a random uni!).
Reply 2
Any course at Chester University haha. There were literally places for ALL courses there in clearing this year lol
Bakery Management? I'm sure I read somewhere they do that at one of the London uni's...
Reply 4
Tefhel
Plenty, I mean there are a load at UCL for example, there is stuff like "Slovak (with Czech) and East European Studies BA" - who the heck does that?
Most of the courses you get at clearing are really random subjects at random unis (not saying UCL is a random uni!).

Apparently that course is actually one of the most demanded at UCL apart from the typical lot.
Reply 5
Anthropology at Edinburgh. They have the same amount of Applicants to places aparently, so if you meet the minimum requirements (like BBB) then you're in. It's wierd because Anthropology is hardly an unpopular course
Reply 6
Krinkles
Apparently that course is actually one of the most demanded at UCL apart from the typical lot.

Or is it just that there is only one place and two people apply and they go "We have twice as many applicants as places!!" :p:
*k.a.t.e*
Bakery Management? I'm sure I read somewhere they do that at one of the London uni's...

Haha, I would so take that! Hmmm :beard:
Botany... :P
Reply 9
Tefhel

Personally, I wouldn't mind studying it. However, if I'm gonna study Slovak I would only do it in Slovakia. Brr, I shrug at the thought of only learning a language in class and then never getting use for it outside of class. Hence why I'm studying Eastern european studies and Polish in Poland :wink:
surf science.....

one of the members here is doing it
Reply 11
infernalcradle
surf science.....

one of the members here is doing it

I thought they were kidding :ninja:
I'd like to know... Perhaps there is a really unpopular one at Oxbridge?

:grin:
Reply 13
1)David Beckham Studies - Staffordshire University
2)Parapsychology Studies - Coventry, Edinburgh, Northampton
3)Doctorate Of Philosophy In Ufology - Melbourne University
4)Surfing Studies - Melbourne University
5)Queer Musicology - UCLA
6)Golf Management - University of Birmingham

:lol: :rofl: :lol:
Reply 14
Chinese Law :woo:
s33
Anthropology at Edinburgh. They have the same amount of Applicants to places aparently, so if you meet the minimum requirements (like BBB) then you're in. It's wierd because Anthropology is hardly an unpopular course

i've actually heard the opposite.
you have to get AAA or something to be properly considered there are that many people applying
Reply 16
AmiiRainbow
i've actually heard the opposite.
you have to get AAA or something to be properly considered there are that many people applying

It might not be Anthropology. I just remember looking at requirements for History, getting really happy it was BBB, becoming depressed that they actually expect AAA and then looking at their list of courses that have roughly the same amount of applicants per place so they do offer it at BBB and seeing Anthropology, but I like I said it could be something else and seeing as you're applying for Anthropology at Ed, you're probably right lol.
Reply 17
Chemical Engineering is undersubscribed, as long as you meet their basic entry requirements and don't assault the interviewer you will get an offer at pretty much any university, except Oxbridge and Imperial. I managed to get an offer at Manchester with a Medicine personal statement ....
Reply 18
Tefhel
Or is it just that there is only one place and two people apply and they go "We have twice as many applicants as places!!" :p:

Lol you never know XD
Equine Dentistry.... maybe? seems qquite random...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending