Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Physics Seperate Sciences - How was it watch

ReputationRep:
    Quite easy I thought, didn't like that Susie with her wheely bag or conservation of momentum, but overall I think I might just have scraped an A*, and I was expecting a B so yeahh I'm happy and now the exams are over!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't think it was that bad either. Did you get 0.8m/s to the right and 4000N on that momentum question?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I think I got 4.2m/s to the right and 4000N

ReputationRep:
    found it alright except i was stuck on the first question because i didnt study any of those first-page-fact!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pangie_gie)
    found it alright except i was stuck on the first question because i didnt study any of those first-page-fact!!!
    yeh and me, i found the first page the hardest out of all of it, it was so simple it was rly hard.

I got 0.8m/s to the right 2

ReputationRep:
    I found it all alright really. I didn't like the plate techtonics question though - its more geography in my opinion.
    For that I got 0.8m/s to the right, and 4000N. I think its right - lol.
    No lenses came up which was good - I was expecting loads on them!
    Only 2 exams left!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh yeah that first page with the currents and everything, some of those were ok but I was a bit confused as to the total output voltage and whether I should include certain resistances in certain calculations etc

ReputationRep:
    i don't like the plates either i'm glad nothing like motors and generators and stuff came up. i thought it was a lot better than last years paper

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for

What is seismic activity?

and

Why do the plates move?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Ohh yeah that first page with the currents and everything, some of those were ok but I was a bit confused as to the total output voltage and whether I should include certain resistances in certain calculations etc
    For that question did you get both the Currents as 0.5A, that the resistance would be more than 20 Ohms, and that the p.d was 6V and the 6V for the whole circuit too?

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for

What is seismic activity?

and

Why do the plates move?

I put that Seismic acitvity was waves caused by techtonic plate movement; and that the plates moved cos of convection currents in the mantle. I'm not sure exactly though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanderslr)
    I put that Seismic acitvity was waves caused by techtonic plate movement; and that the plates moved cos of convection currents in the mantle. I'm not sure exactly though!
    I put seismic activity was activity in the earth (waves currents etc) and I just put "convection currents" for plates moving.. ah well

ReputationRep:
    For that question did you get both the Currents as 0.5A, that the resistance would be more than 20 Ohms, and that the p.d was 6V and the 6V for the whole circuit too?
    i put all that!

ReputationRep:
    Quite easy I thought, didn't like that Susie with her wheely bag or conservation of momentum, but overall I think I might just have scraped an A*, and I was expecting a B so yeahh I'm happy and now the exams are over!!
    are u not goin 2 tell everyone what happened during your exam????

ReputationRep:
    I remember 0.5A and more than 20Ohms, messed up that pd thing though I put something like 8 and 10.. can't remember

Edit: No I put 6V for the one and 10V overall (I did the 0.5A for the overall one rather than 0.3A)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    are u not goin 2 tell everyone what happened during your exam????
    haha ok http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t124762.html

ReputationRep:
    haha ok http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t124762.html
    did u finish ur exam in time???? U should try and get an extra marks for having that happening even if it was at the end. Are u finished ur exams now????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    did u finish ur exam in time???? U should try and get an extra marks for having that happening even if it was at the end. Are u finished ur exams now????
    well we had to sit there until the full 2 hours 15 was up while it was going off - and I'm not bothering with extra marks I mean hardly anyone was still writing - and yeah I'm finished

ReputationRep:
    well we had to sit there until the full 2 hours 15 was up while it was going off - and I'm not bothering with extra marks I mean hardly anyone was still writing - and yeah I'm finished
    good luck with ur results, what are u predicted?????

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I think I got 4.2m/s to the right
    How can it INCREASE in speed!?!

The paper was, for wont of a better expression, a joke. Finished with an hour to go!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.