Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Physics Seperate Sciences - How was it watch

ReputationRep:
    The centripetal force needed is greater:
    • the greater the mass of the object;
    • the greater the speed of the object;
    • the smaller the radius of the circle.

That's from the syllabus. I think i did that.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys thought physics was the easiest out of all the sciences, i got 1/4 and 2600million yrs as well, u know the q when it sed what force is actin on the earth or sumthin like that it was centripetal force yeah for sum reason i spelt it wrong and put centripedal force, would i still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollDeep)
    The centripetal force needed is greater:
    • the greater the mass of the object;
    • the greater the speed of the object;
    • the smaller the radius of the circle.

That's from the syllabus. I think i did that.

i got that! i think i will easly get a C

anyone know what marks are for C grade?

charikaar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charikaar)
    i got that! i think i will easly get a C

anyone know what marks are for C grade?

charikaar
    probably around 45 - 55 out of 135 but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravstar)
    hey guys thought physics was the easiest out of all the sciences, i got 1/4 and 2600million yrs as well, u know the q when it sed what force is actin on the earth or sumthin like that it was centripetal force yeah for sum reason i spelt it wrong and put centripedal force, would i still get the mark?
    hmm probably not

ReputationRep:
    Hey people i'm not if this has been siad already, but this the breakdwon of lasts yrs grade boundaries, higher

A* - 93
    A - 77
    B - 63
    C - 45
    D - 30
    Allowed E - Not allowed ironically

yeh that is out of 135, so its not too too high, percentage wise it is

A* - 69%
    A - 57%
    B - 47%
    C - 33%
    D - 22%

I think last yrs was harder than this yrs, judging by the marks, but when i did 2004 paper its didnt seem so. hope that helps guys

ReputationRep:
    What was the anwser to the question about conservation of momentum. THe first one asked what it was. I out that momentum isnt lost but is transfered into more momentum on other or the same objects or other forces...which is a good enough anwser looking at teh book...

Butt....what was the one saying "give an example of conservation where there isnt impact or a similar case" WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyboy123)
    What was the anwser to the question about conservation of momentum. THe first one asked what it was. I out that momentum isnt lost but is transfered into more momentum on other or the same objects or other forces...which is a good enough anwser looking at teh book...

Butt....what was the one saying "give an example of conservation where there isnt impact or a similar case" WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT???
    Yeah, other than collisions. It's explosions, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    The tectonic questions should have been piss for me, but I was so SICK of Geography I simply could not be arsed. I put stupid things down - and didn't get time to check. I put convection currents, rising magma, heat, pressure etc for the plate boundary one. But I'm now thinking I forgot to mention continental drift. The volcanoes formation one was tricky because I wanted to talk about divergining plate boundaries (easiest volcano example), but the plates were converging, so I talked about those boundaries, and how magma forces it's way to the surface via intense heat and pressure! Should have been easy but I messed up.
    youre wayyyyyyyyyy too self-negative for your own good. i messed up totally on the plate tectonics, i started talking about land spreading on sea-bed floors and magma rising. argh! if only id bothered to look at the map which made it obvious there was no sea! for the other i didnt even MENTION convectional currents. id revised tectonics loads as well as id expected it to come up due to the tsunami!! grr! i dont think you even needed to mention continental drift, btw.

totally messed up potential dividers. didnt read the question properly and thought it said its got more resistance when its hotter when in actual fact it said LESS resistance when hotter... and that meant i screwed up all the questins after that.

i messed up all the silly little 1 mark questions too. got the momentum, though. got 0.8m/s --> that way

grr. ive missed out on my A*. i know i have.

DEAR GOD DO I WISH I READ QUESTIONS PROPERLY! IT WAS MY LAST EXAM AND I WAS TIRED DAMNIT!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    i put it in the empty space in the middle of the tire and said it was where mass is concentrated and acts
    i did that. is it right? i thought it was a bit silly putting centre of a mass where there was nothing there. but oh well.

and for the suitcase thing... her hand further away from the load means theres less of a force needed?

(Original post by Final_F)
    Yeah, other than collisions. It's explosions, I believe.
    like when you fire the bullet of a gun? thats what i put.

also, the plum pudding thing... i said, when they fired alpha particles some of them reflect showing that theres mostly empty space in atoms, but i wasnt sure WHY. anyone know?

also, i put increase increase decrease. thats wrong isnt it.

for the thing about "what assumption did you make..." i put that there was no friction and that the pin successfully pierced the cork. that right?

optical fibres... infrared.

line a door with foam to remove heat loss. did you have to say by convection? i didnt say that.

thank GOD there was no lens diagrams or electromagnetism.

the stupid digital analogue question.

x rays damage the skin... by converting water into heat and burning you??

there are heavier elements which came from an exploding supernova.

K.E. = mass * speed * speed / 2
    P.E. = mgh

was there a question on firing neutrons at uranium or am i imagining thigns? or was there a question on fusion instead?

the not gate goes between the resistor and the transistor?

i cant remember any more. GCSE physics was so mind numbingly boring.

and btw. on the first page it was SO messy. the thing where you ticked a box. i got confused and ticked all three, and scribbled all out, then wrote three arrows to the one i wanted. and then on my explanation i had to scribble all over that as well and wrote down the margin. same where we had to explain about our planet being remains from an old star.

i wrote a little message in pencil saying "sorry about the mess". that wont lose me marks will it? or make the examiner hate me? im so dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sona)
    i did that. is it right? i thought it was a bit silly putting centre of a mass where there was nothing there. but oh well. - yeah thats right

and for the suitcase thing... her hand further away from the load means theres less of a force needed? i put that because the moment is less so force needed is less

like when you fire the bullet of a gun? thats what i put. i put that too

also, the plum pudding thing... i said, when they fired alpha particles some of them reflect showing that theres mostly empty space in atoms, but i wasnt sure WHY. anyone know? yeah thats fine i did 3 diagrams, one where it just went through the space, one where it was repulsed away slightly and one where it fired straight back

also, i put increase increase decrease. thats wrong isnt it. increase increase increase

for the thing about "what assumption did you make..." i put that there was no friction and that the pin successfully pierced the cork. that right? elastic collision i put

optical fibres... infrared. i put that

line a door with foam to remove heat loss. did you have to say by convection? i didnt say that. i put conduction although i did say "cavity insulation" about the foam so we'll see

thank GOD there was no lens diagrams or electromagnetism. i know

the stupid digital analogue question. that was alright i just talked about interferance being amplified

x rays damage the skin... by converting water into heat and burning you?? i put it heats water in the cells which can damage or kill them

there are heavier elements which came from an exploding supernova. i put that

K.E. = mass * speed * speed / 2
    P.E. = mgh yeah both right

was there a question on firing neutrons at uranium or am i imagining thigns? or was there a question on fusion instead? i dont remember that at all

the not gate goes between the resistor and the transistor? really don't know, i put it next to the thermistor to invert it

i cant remember any more. GCSE physics was so mind numbingly boring.

and btw. on the first page it was SO messy. the thing where you ticked a box. i got confused and ticked all three, and scribbled all out, then wrote three arrows to the one i wanted. and then on my explanation i had to scribble all over that as well and wrote down the margin. same where we had to explain about our planet being remains from an old star.

i wrote a little message in pencil saying "sorry about the mess". that wont lose me marks will it? or make the examiner hate me? im so dumb
    see responses above^

ReputationRep:
    Was wondering here where everyone got all these questions which I didnt do before realising I idd modular . Some of the questions do seem similar though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    see responses above^
    awwwh, thank you.

cavity insulation will get you the mark.

as for my confusion about fusion and fission questions... im getting my exam paper muddled with past papers :-s ahh it was ages ago now! yay all over!

ReputationRep:
    x rays damage the skin... by converting water into heat and burning you?? i put it heats water in the cells which can damage or kill them
    Wasn't it how microwaves damage the skin? In fact I'm pretty sure it was microwaves, because I knew the answer: microwaves have the same frequency as water molecules or some crap, so water molecules in our bodily cells absorb the microwaves. This produces heat, as do all EM radiation when absorbed, and this heating of the cells damages them. Thanks for your comments before Sona. I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sona)
    also, the plum pudding thing... i said, when they fired alpha particles some of them reflect showing that theres mostly empty space in atoms, but i wasnt sure WHY. anyone know?
    Yeah, I had that question in my physics exam... I wrote something like this: "The results of Rutherford's experiment were that some of the ∂ particles were rebounded when fired at the gold foil. This was thought to be because ∂ particles were hitting gold nuclei which did not contain electrons (as it was known at the time that ∂ particles are highly ionising) this meant that there was a small area in the atom which was made up of protons and neutrons. It was then thought that the electrons occupied "energy levels" whereby they were in orbit around the nucleus covering a large area (which explains why the number of ∂ particles which didn't rebound was greater than the number of ∂ particles which did rebound."
    I wrote something very very similar to that, can't remember exactly - but it was worth a good 4 or 5 marks so I said alot...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah then I said this dismissed the idea of the plum pudding (and explained what the plum pudding was) and I think that got me another mark... so all in all worth like 5 or 6 marks

ReputationRep:
    whoops. i didn't explain in so much detail, basically because cgp revision guides didnt GIVE it in anywhere as much detail... maybe ill get 1 mark for saying some were reflected though. *shrugs*

i am not still thinking about my exams. i am not still thinking about my exams. i am not still thinking about my exams....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.