Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We had some idiot who went and got wasted just before an afternoon English GCSE exam. He absolutely reaked of beer, and I was sitting next to him. In an hour, he'd written two lines. He then proceeded to run out of the room, and vomit repeatedly for the remainder of the exam. The funny thing is that they let him finish the exam in the first aid room in the school, while he was still wasted.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently one guy at my college got high and passed out on his desk and no-one woke him up so he failed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Thats.....truly beautiful ramroff. Thanks for sharing that with us :p:

Sup rammy! You ****ing bet I am :cool:

Oh and Happy Birthday dude
    Thank you, I believe in sharing not not-sharing

ReputationRep:
    In the maths exam 2 years ago at my school, smoke started coming under the doors. They kept going until people were coughing too much and stuff. The firebrigade rushed in and it was quite a considerable blaze by all accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben C)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Was that intentional?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE UNDERDOG)
    thats crazy, the weirdest thing that happened in my bio A level exam was a girl fell asleep on her desk!!!
    my friend fell asleep in the core maths 2 as he already did well in Jan on it - got told off for being late and then while asleep he was woken up for snoring

ReputationRep:
    Nothin fun ever happens at our school they take too many precautions cos they no wot our yr11 wud do if they didn't. The only thing thats happened to me is having to listen to frere jacques being played for 1 1/2hrs during 2 of our exams. i cud hav throttled the yr8's lol

ReputationRep:
    Nothing exciting never happens in exams.. I did find it odd that in the middle of My Psychology exam today a Brass Band started up outside. I didnt even know there was a brass band in our college.. I found it quite entertaining intil the invigilator got all stressed and called the site manager to shut them up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, wow. Lucky it only happened right at the end! (Unless the exam went really badly, and you needed the extra time hehe). Surely once you'd gone outside, you could have discussed the answers and therefore you're exam would be void. :s: Hmm, poor you

The firebell went off a minute before I was due to go into my Spanish oral last year. I had my presentation perfectly in my head, along with all the phrases and verbs I wanted to use. The bell rung for a couple of minutes, but it was long enough and loud enough to distract me completely off Spanish. I went into the exam room and completely forgot my presentation and all the verbs in the past and future tense. I even forgot how to say "I went." It was awful

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn that i heard someone playing a song by my chemical romance on a piano, whilst i was doing my Physics exam this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    The fire alarm went off during my Economics exam last week... the teachers who were invigilating were running around in a mad flap, not knowing what to do. Was hilarious. In the end one of them just ran down the aisles, collecting everyone's papers so she could look after them, told us to evacuate and 'PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T TALK!' :rolleyes:
    From the same school as EternalFantasy...

During GCSEs in our maths exam, the lights had been flickering on and off really annoyingly for half the exam, but then the lights completely went out and we were all just left sitting there, not knowing what to do. It was completely pitch black as our sports' hall (where we take our exams) has no light going into the main hall apart from two tiny skylight windows on the balcony, which gave minimal light to people in the middle of the hall but was useless for those at the front/back of the room. So due to the fact that we couldn't see anything, our teachers told us to stop and take 5 minutes to adjust our eyes to having no light. We were told that there was a fire in school, but we weren't evacuated. That five minutes was a bit useless and once we started again it was practically impossible to use our calculators properly (being half solar powered). Therefore everyone had to hold there calculators mid-air or at funny angles to even see anything. I think the teachers gave up on making sure that no-one was looking round at each others papers as it would've been impossible to copy someone else's paper in that darkness.

Plus later on in the day, i had to go back into the hall for my History GCSE which was also pretty hard to see whether i was even writing on the lines properly! Probably wasn't my best day for exams!

I wasn't there at the time that EternalFantasy described but i'm glad i wasn't as once was enough. I've got to say though that a fire alarm in our school is an exteremely rare occasion, as we only have them once a term as a drill. I can't actually remember another time when there was a real fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Thats pretty bad!!

In my maths gcse a girl a couple of seats away from me pissed herself. I was like :eek: It was actually horrifying. She left the exam then they set the fire alarms off to get us out of the hall to clear it up. That drew more attention to it in my opinion!!

I know this is horrible but that was the funniest thing i've read in ages!!!!

My GCSE exams were boring nothin happened, the fire alarm did go off and we were told to stay but they were hoaxes a few times we did have to get out

ReputationRep:
    nothing interesting happened in our school, the most interesting thing would probably be while my friend was doing her oral, the teacher fell off the chair and banged her head against the wall

ReputationRep:
    In an exam in my college a bird flew into the window and everyone started laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i thought you said passed away
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hahahahahaha laughing so hard my sides hurt! Don't know why but that struck me as extremely funny!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ahrgh - had my English Synoptic paper yesterday and the fire alarm went offhalfway through. The thing is the College arranged for a test to be run right then - gits. So the entire exam hall stood there chatting about which excerpts they were using - pretty funny actually.

But then I lost all concentration and left the exam an hour before everyone else. It was a two and a half hour exam - in 1.5 hours i wrote 9 sides. I think I got to the point somewhere in there...

ReputationRep:
    Once my business class were sharing an exam room with the RE dept , the Bio and the Dumb Idoits Business from the year below Class so there were three/four (the other business was very different to mine) subject exams going on in the same room at the same time.

It was really bad because it was a echoy room and the exams finished at different times. The fire alarm went off and we were told we had to remain with our separate classes and anyone found talking to a person sitting the same exam as each other would be disqualifed. So, what happens?

Firstly the Dumb Idoits started asking my class answers because "they were sitting a different paper so they could talk to us" until the examier told them to shut up and the other teacher opened the hall door to let us out and the sodding fire is there! A noticeboard opposite the hall had caught fire when some idoit put a lighter near it and the teacher was leading us straight in to the danger zone.

Someone fainted and some screamed and the teacher went white and closed the hall door again. I were stuck in the hall because the fire escape door has been broken and it was going to repaired after the exam!

Luckly the fire wasn't soo bad and it was put out really quickly by a supply teacher and a fire hose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Oh, wow. Lucky it only happened right at the end! (Unless the exam went really badly, and you needed the extra time hehe). Surely once you'd gone outside, you could have discussed the answers and therefore you're exam would be void. :s: Hmm, poor you

The firebell went off a minute before I was due to go into my Spanish oral last year. I had my presentation perfectly in my head, along with all the phrases and verbs I wanted to use. The bell rung for a couple of minutes, but it was long enough and loud enough to distract me completely off Spanish. I went into the exam room and completely forgot my presentation and all the verbs in the past and future tense. I even forgot how to say "I went." It was awful
    'Fui' Agh the memories lol

ReputationRep:
    a fire in the exam. Isnt it everyones one wish everytime they walk into that hall *please let the person next to me spontaneously combust so I can get out of this one*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Well we had Physics GCSE Seperate Sciences today... and about 3 minutes from the end the fire alarm went off, so we were thinking hmm yeah it's probably someone set it off just to annoy us or cause some problems - then the headteacher came in and we had to remain seated until the 3 minutes was up with this extremely loud siren in the background (some people were still finishing their exam :rofl: ) and then we had to evacuate really quickly and apparently it wasn't a drill, by some bizarre co incidence it was a real fire and as we were going down the ramp onto the ground floor these firemen passed us wearing gas masks and everything :s: very odd...

Anything strange to report thats ever happened in yours?
    hahhaa. You guys had ample oppertunity to cheat.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.