Turn on thread page Beta

How come there aren't any sites to obtain free courswork from anymore?! It enrages me to see the above site selling coursework, of which they have not paid for to other students! It wasn't long ago when i posted some of my old GCSE coursework so that others could benefit from it, now they are charging everyone to use it. The internet is supposidly a place in which information is meant to be shared and every 'free' essay/coursework help site leads to the same 'coursework.info'. I would love to hear other peoples opinion on this, as i really cant see why such a resource cant survive off advertising banners instead of stealing off one student to sell to another. This really does annoy me>:<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_2k_17_uk)
    How come there aren't any sites to obtain free courswork from anymore?! It enrages me to see the above site selling coursework, of which they have not paid for to other students! It wasn't long ago when i posted some of my old GCSE coursework so that others could benefit from it, now they are charging everyone to use it. The internet is supposidly a place in which information is meant to be shared and every 'free' essay/coursework help site leads to the same 'coursework.info'. I would love to hear other peoples opinion on this, as i really cant see why such a resource cant survive off advertising banners instead of stealing off one student to sell to another. This really does annoy me>:<
    There are many peices of free coursework around certainly not any less than there used to be, colleges/unis just want less around to prevent direct copying and so are aware of most free peices of coursework around. Therefore the sites catering for people wanting a free secure peice of coursework charge for it because there is demand. The Internet is a place for information to be shared but it isnt a demand made on every website, the people selling past-papers in book-form arent doing anything different.

The resource cant survive of advertising banners because they earn virtually nothing, they only get paid if you click on them and most people dont. Unless you are familiar with hosting costs for sites that receive such high traffic as that one does then it might seem like a rip-off but depending on what they charge it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fry)
    There are many peices of free coursework around certainly not any less than there used to be, colleges/unis just want less around to prevent direct copying and so are aware of most free peices of coursework around. Therefore the sites catering for people wanting a free secure peice of coursework charge for it because there is demand. The Internet is a place for information to be shared but it isnt a demand made on every website, the people selling past-papers in book-form arent doing anything different.

The resource cant survive of advertising banners because they earn virtually nothing, they only get paid if you click on them and most people dont. Unless you are familiar with hosting costs for sites that receive such high traffic as that one does then it might seem like a rip-off but depending on what they charge it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    Personaly I think any students using these websites to try and cheat should be kicked out of uni instantly. Plagiarism is probably one of the worst acts you can do at uni. If you are stuck speak to a tutor, go to the libary get help etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_2k_17_uk)
    They can't sell coursework from other people, unless they got permission first.
    Well, i think thats true anyway.
    They can't sell other peoples work, its as simple as that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.