The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i kno man, anything can come up cus its sypnotic

jus have a good general knowledge of everything you have learnt which i kno is hard.
Reply 2
general studies is horrid for us cos we dont get taught or anything, no guidance, just sit in the exam and be expected to know it...same for a lot of other peeps I know but some people get taught it...wonder if they get better grades? I dunno cos last year I got a C and I know people who were taught it and failed :P...basically just know a lot about current affairs and stuff and you're sorted
IMO the general studies papers are very similar to GCSE religious studies papers, i.e. with all the morality and ethics stuff, I guess its an advantage knowing that, but I've found all the papers so far to be general knowledge (we don't have proper lessons for GS either)
Reply 4
i did questions 1 and 4. it was boring lol.
I did 1 and 4 too, easy questions I'm gonna be really annoyed if i don't get an A overall now.
Reply 6
Did 1 and 4, boring. We had lessons, but only once a week. Got a D last year for a/s which I need this year
Reply 7
I did 1 and 4, flaming walked it, finished in an hour and slept for the other half hour...twas ma last exam as well so I get to chill out now :biggrin:...reckon Ive easy got a C/D on it :P
Reply 8
we had 2 lessons a week, and honestly NOTHING i learnt in the lessons i have used in the exams! *hoping for a B again*
I did 1 and 2 - i don't know anyone who didn't do 1! It was much better than I was expecting and I think I've done well overall but as it won't get me into uni, I wish I could trade a good grade in general studies with my chemistry grade to make sure I get in!
Reply 10
I did 3 and 1 but i should have done 3 and 2...kinda got stuck on 1. Got a B last year had 1 lesson a week only turned up to half of them tho. Not really bothered bout general studies the exam was sooooo boring, although question 3 was good.
We did the whol a level this year, with just 2 lessons a week. I did 1 and 2. I wrote loads of waffley crap about the Welsh Baccalaureate for the second question! But my sole aim was to get onto extra sheets of paper! Which I did! I was very pleased! And studying Biology with a food science option meant I was laughing at question one! :smile:
Reply 12
lucky! I started writing about "Jamie's School Dinners"...not sure its what theyre looking for but I dont care really :P. I dont think Ive ever got onto extra sheets of paper in any of my exams :frown:...never have that much to say really. That one wasnt as good as my first General exam though, I started talking about Oasis in that one...myguy mates were well proud of me :biggrin:
Lol! Excellent! I talked about Jamie's School Dinners too.
Reply 14
what results did everyone get?

Latest