Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh noes, it's tommorow! How do we revise for such an exam apart from reading all my notes.

ReputationRep:
    i kno man, anything can come up cus its sypnotic

jus have a good general knowledge of everything you have learnt which i kno is hard.

ReputationRep:
    general studies is horrid for us cos we dont get taught or anything, no guidance, just sit in the exam and be expected to know it...same for a lot of other peeps I know but some people get taught it...wonder if they get better grades? I dunno cos last year I got a C and I know people who were taught it and failed :P...basically just know a lot about current affairs and stuff and you're sorted

ReputationRep:
    IMO the general studies papers are very similar to GCSE religious studies papers, i.e. with all the morality and ethics stuff, I guess its an advantage knowing that, but I've found all the papers so far to be general knowledge (we don't have proper lessons for GS either)

ReputationRep:
    i did questions 1 and 4. it was boring lol.

ReputationRep:
    I did 1 and 4 too, easy questions I'm gonna be really annoyed if i don't get an A overall now.

ReputationRep:
    Did 1 and 4, boring. We had lessons, but only once a week. Got a D last year for a/s which I need this year

ReputationRep:
    I did 1 and 4, flaming walked it, finished in an hour and slept for the other half hour...twas ma last exam as well so I get to chill out now ...reckon Ive easy got a C/D on it :P

ReputationRep:
    we had 2 lessons a week, and honestly NOTHING i learnt in the lessons i have used in the exams! *hoping for a B again*

ReputationRep:
    I did 1 and 2 - i don't know anyone who didn't do 1! It was much better than I was expecting and I think I've done well overall but as it won't get me into uni, I wish I could trade a good grade in general studies with my chemistry grade to make sure I get in!

ReputationRep:
    I did 3 and 1 but i should have done 3 and 2...kinda got stuck on 1. Got a B last year had 1 lesson a week only turned up to half of them tho. Not really bothered bout general studies the exam was sooooo boring, although question 3 was good.

ReputationRep:
    We did the whol a level this year, with just 2 lessons a week. I did 1 and 2. I wrote loads of waffley crap about the Welsh Baccalaureate for the second question! But my sole aim was to get onto extra sheets of paper! Which I did! I was very pleased! And studying Biology with a food science option meant I was laughing at question one!

ReputationRep:
    lucky! I started writing about "Jamie's School Dinners"...not sure its what theyre looking for but I dont care really :P. I dont think Ive ever got onto extra sheets of paper in any of my exams ...never have that much to say really. That one wasnt as good as my first General exam though, I started talking about Oasis in that one...myguy mates were well proud of me

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Excellent! I talked about Jamie's School Dinners too.

ReputationRep:
    what results did everyone get?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.