Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Seperate Science Grade Boundaries (Higher) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, yeh i should hope so that the boundaries are lower...for that question i took it as the examiners arent as stupid to expect us to recall different methods of communication, so i jst listed the ads and disads. Does anyone have any idea on what the grade boundaries were for Eng L&L last year? There doesnt seem to be a thread about it..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just listed dis/advantages, and that was it. Nothing about communication skills or anything. Isn't that the whole reason this is a physics exam? Looks like not.

I do AQA English - apparently grade boundaries for A* is 93%, A is 81% and B is 70%. 93% for an A*? How is that actually achievable? What do you lot think - do you think that it could be that high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestone)
    I do AQA English - apparently grade boundaries for A* is 93%, A is 81% and B is 70%. 93% for an A*? How is that actually achievable? What do you lot think - do you think that it could be that high?
    Omg omg omg please someone come along and disprove this! Our mocks ones were 80% for A*, why would they lead us into this false sense of security?!

ReputationRep:
    But you do OCR English don't you...

Grr annoying AQA grade boundaries. Do they have to be that high?! How is that remotely possible for people except geniuses at English?

Please someone come along and disapprove it so that I have a slight chance!

ReputationRep:
    i think it was 93% for those who were allowed to take their anthoologies

ANYWAYS A*'s ARE WORKED OUT FOR THE TOP 5% in country

ReputationRep:
    yes, I think we are the first year not allowed to take our anthologies, I am mixed about it, without thewm the grade boundaries go down, but with them you can write better,
    balance it out with revision

ReputationRep:
    The person at OCR you rang, was that a general line or science specifc and if its general can you post the number becasue I need to check the boundaries on an exam

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Phew! Then at least I can hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Les Mcqueen)
    Physics-Paper 2
    A 56
    B -
    C 37
    D 24

Physics-Paper 4
    A 33
    B 27
    C 21
    D 14

Don't know about A* boundaries, but add about 8 on and it's probably an A*

P.S I rung up OCR He didn't give me the A* boundaries grrr :mad:
    or Physics B
    I know he's probably working on his own in a little shed on a stormy scottish isle, and his family have run away because he fell in love with an 80 year old invigilator, but it's his job, surely he should have given those extra grades!
    Oh. My. God. I'm sorry but I struggle to see how 56% is an A-grade. Are you sure?!

ReputationRep:
    Yep! It's not A*. U don't need to get 100% for goodness sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Oh. My. God. I'm sorry but I struggle to see how 56% is an A-grade. Are you sure?!
    Yeah, seeing that last year's A* boundaries for chemistry was 71%, biology 72%. Not sure about physics...

ReputationRep:
    it was bout 65 - 70 %

WHY ARE U SAYING U FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE A IS 56% WHEN THATS WOT LAST YEAR BOUNDARIES WERE! DID U NOT DO MOCKS AT UR SKOOL?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe my previous reply was badly worded. Add an "only" in there. But yes sure I find it completely credible, seeing that they were last year's boundaries and it's a fact. Yeah, similar grade boundaries for mocks.

Yes grade boundaries for sciences are usually lower than other subjects.

Only 65 - 70% for an A* in physics? I'm hoping for similar boundaries this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    it was bout 65 - 70 %

WHY ARE U SAYING U FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE A IS 56% WHEN THATS WOT LAST YEAR BOUNDARIES WERE! DID U NOT DO MOCKS AT UR SKOOL?
    Yes I did do mocks at my school, but the A grade boundary was 65%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    If you're grade boundaries are SO high you must be incredibly clever (!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Les Mcqueen)
    No I believe that triple is slightly lower because it is a harder paper with more ambiguous questions such as:
    How would a doctor explain what the advantage and disadvantages of radioactive therapy is?
    I mean, do we say that they have to sit down on the bed hold their arm and in a soft voice explain to them they're going to die, oh and also, would they like to donate their organs?
    I did double and we had that question in our paper :confused: we do the same first paper (1h 30 mins) but triple people do an extra 45 min paper with the triple stuff only on it.

ReputationRep:
    lol i tried to get that message across several times lol

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Triple is out of 100 thus 1hr 30
    Double around 66 thus 1hr 10
    I do double and each science exam lasted 1h30 not 1h10, and they were all out of 100, not 66!!!

ReputationRep:
    What exam board? I'm talking about OCR Specification A.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.