The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
newman24x
Still waiting for one (Edinburgh). Been 3 weeks now. Entering 4th. Anyone? :smile:

For postgrad? I should expect much before Christmas to be perfectly honest. Certainly when I applied to Edinburgh I had to wait a good period of time.
Reply 2
Woop - I applied for the postgraduate diploma in Economics at Cam, Warwick and Notts.

Got 2 offers, at this point in time im going to Warwick :smile:
I've got an offer from Manchester :smile: No word from any of the others, including Edinburgh!!

Any idea how you find out exactly what the offer is? Will it come through Track?
Reply 4
Eleventy-One
I've got an offer from Manchester :smile: No word from any of the others, including Edinburgh!!

Any idea how you find out exactly what the offer is? Will it come through Track?

I think your in the wrong forum :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Adorno
For postgrad? I should expect much before Christmas to be perfectly honest. Certainly when I applied to Edinburgh I had to wait a good period of time.

Really? Hurm..well i'm expecting a Conditional offer since my degree cert in not ready yet.
chap54
I think your in the wrong forum :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly
chap54
Woop - I applied for the postgraduate diploma in Economics at Cam, Warwick and Notts.

Got 2 offers, at this point in time im going to Warwick :smile:

Congrats on your offers :smile:
Reply 8
I have applied to Manchester and since two weeks my Selfservice status has not been updated..do most students wait normally 4 weeks to get a decision?
Depends on the course and uni. If it's a popular postgrad course with lots of applicants, they may take a while to get back to you.

I had to wait a month before I had an interview for my MA and was made an offer there and then.

But every uni is different, like I said.
Reply 10
I've submitted completed applications for Edinburgh, Oxford, and St. Andrews. I haven't heard back from St. Andrews, which should have made a decision on my application by now. Should I send them an e-mail? I also haven't heard anything from Edinburgh, in fact they haven't even verified my submitted material (transcript and references), which were submitted between 2 weeks and 2 months ago. Does anyone know how long it takes Edinburgh to do this? I've tried e-mailing them, but I've never gotten any replies from them.
Reply 11
rmn002
I also haven't heard anything from Edinburgh, in fact they haven't even verified my submitted material (transcript and references), which were submitted between 2 weeks and 2 months ago.

Verify? How do they 'verify' it? Through the online site is it?
Reply 12
I got an offer from Nottingham, still waiting for Durham (who famously take forever), Warwick (which they say they are processing currently) and Cambridge (which has to come soon, either to offer me an interview or to reject me).
Reply 13
newman24x
Verify? How do they 'verify' it? Through the online site is it?

Yes, it's done through the online site. I think verifying just means that the proper item/information has been submitted.
Reply 14
rmn002
Yes, it's done through the online site. I think verifying just means that the proper item/information has been submitted.

Owh. Using that fact, once i submitted my application through the system, all my documents have been verified one or two days after that (can't remember the exact day but it's quite fast) except my Degree cert and my English test which i've yet to submit.
Reply 15
newman24x
Owh. Using that fact, once i submitted my application through the system, all my documents have been verified one or two days after that (can't remember the exact day but it's quite fast) except my Degree cert and my English test which i've yet to submit.

This appears to be problematic then. I guess I'm going to have to call Edinburgh sometime this month.:frown:
Reply 16
rmn002
This appears to be problematic then. I guess I'm going to have to call Edinburgh sometime this month.:frown:

what did the system inform you?
Reply 17
newman24x
what did the system inform you?

Under the Clearance Checks section, it says that my transcript and two letters of recommendation have been received (but all three have a 'No' in the verified column). And no additional clearance checks have been added specifying anything that is required (with respect to the three items submitted). I did not submit any of my materials via post, they were either included in the main application as an attachment, or were sent electronically by my referees.
Reply 18
rmn002
Under the Clearance Checks section, it says that my transcript and two letters of recommendation have been received (but all three have a 'No' in the verified column). And no additional clearance checks have been added specifying anything that is required (with respect to the three items submitted). I did not submit any of my materials via post, they were either included in the main application as an attachment, or were sent electronically by my referees.

could be this:

If the information supplied does not meet our requirements (e.g. if a document is not legible), we will create a new clearance check telling you specifically why we are asking for the information again. In this case, the Clearance Check will have the same name, but will be recorded as Not Received.

i'm assuming because you mentioned you've already submitted everything correct?
Reply 19
newman24x
could be this:

i'm assuming because you mentioned you've already submitted everything correct?

I don't think so. As far as I know my transcript is perfectly legible, I don't know about the transcripts because I didn't submit them myself (but if they are uploaded documents from the drive, not scanned, they should be fine).

Latest

Trending

Trending