Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes that was the rain drop one, anyone got a clue on what january's grade boundary was?

ReputationRep:
    and 14.1 does seem quite reasonable: it is falling from 1000m!

ReputationRep:
    lol i don't know but i got a D! proud! lol!

ReputationRep:
    Same here! We are 2 proud chums!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get 81.1 and 31.1 for the angles and 146m for the distance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Anyone get 81.1 and 31.1 for the angles and 146m for the distance
    think i got that (roughly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)
    yeah i got 14.1 for the raindrops, but my friend got like 170+!!!! i was like.........erm.......yeah i don't know.......lol.
    Wasnt that question two part? One was before impact and one was the initial speeds of the individual droplets. What did you get for the initial vels of the new droplets? I just found 80% of the KE and subtracted it from the KE from the previous part. Since the masses and vels were all equal I did:
    New KE (ie after the 80% loss) = 1/2mv². Then I just solved it liked that and divided the final answer by 10 since there were ten droplets. Is this what you did or did I just mess it up

ReputationRep:
    you messed up, because mass is divided equally too.

Don't worry, you're not alone :winks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    you messed up, because mass is divided equally too.

Don't worry, you're not alone :winks

AAh crap Oh well, got the first part at least and might get some marks for working

ReputationRep:
    um for the final part of that question i got root 40 for each droplet!

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone out there who's certain about their answer on the rigid object question?

ReputationRep:
    Not certain but for part (i) i got 105N and (ii) 98 and 98 @ 36.9 degrees

ReputationRep:
    lol i hate moments: couldn't do them then, couldn't do them now!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know what "coalesce" meant in the collision question, i had a wild guess with it and later found out i got it wrong. oh well.

oh and i forgot what 'retardation' meant as well, only ever came up once before in a class while ago. naturally, i got that wrong too.

wasn't my favourite paper compared to the past papers i've been doing. didnt get onto the final question either, i ran out of time :mad:

other than that i found the questions nice. rigid object question i can't remember exactly but (i) i think was 105N, (ii) 98N, 98N, 36.9 degrees.

water drop question i remember working out using potential energy for the first part to get the v, 14.1ms^-1 sounds familiar part ii was dodgy, but i think i ended up with somethin 6.xx.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    Yes that was the rain drop one, anyone got a clue on what january's grade boundary was?
    dont think OCR publish their examiners' reports. If you were retaking the paper, then compare with last time you did, I guess the boundry should be almost the same. The Jan 2005 paper was a hard paper too.

ReputationRep:
    dont think OCR publish their examiners' reports
    I think they do. My teacher has told us what the boundaries were for each of the past papers we have done. They also have a copy of the board mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I found the rigid object question hard, and am almost definite that I got it wrong! I'm pretty sure it was question 6 though and that the power one was question 4...

I'm comforted by the fact that I think I just need to pass the paper to get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u2o_uk)
    water drop question i remember working out using potential energy for the first part to get the v, 14.1ms^-1 sounds familiar part ii was dodgy, but i think i ended up with somethin 6.xx.
    yay lol got 6.32 (root 40) for part ii. anyone else get this? :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I got root 400, which is 20 for that question.. not sure if I made a silly mistake there though.

ReputationRep:
    did any1 remember what they got for the rigid objects in equilibrium question about the car park barrier? i got seventy something degrees.. but every1 else seemed to get around 20 degrees

i got the angles in the last q as 81.1 and 31.1 i think..

i think i got two hundred and something kilajoules for the energy question cos it was gain in gpe - loss in k.e

can't remember much else

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.