Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone find it??

For me it REALLY didn't go well - sooo glad i didn't need a great mark on this exam!!

ReputationRep:
    AQA spec B yeah?

Thought it was *fairly* simple, some tough questions but in general quite good imo.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think this was a very nice exam! all the past papers were far more straightforward! i answered all the questions, but i dunno how i did. afterwards, all the other people doing it were saying what they got for the v last q, and they were like 'i got pi over 10', and everyone was like 'so did i!' but how could that be?! surely it has to be 4 minus something coz u had to work out 4 - 2(integral of blah blah). i got 4 minus pi, i'm sure that's wrong, i probably read the question totally wrong. OH WELL. fortunately i think the P4 exam was ok, but it's annoying coz i barely revised for that one! and i revised loads for P5 and i found it really hard! i really hope i got an A! eeek i even forgot how to integrate sin(x + pi over 4)! lol! :'( i was totally ****. anyone else have any opinion of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Wow I feel really thick being here! (I'm new) There's like a million threads on P6, clearly lots of further maths people here (M4!?!??!!) and here I am to express my severe dissappointment at the difficulty of P5 on Wednesday, I thought I was going to cry! Most people who came out of the exam at my school all seemed to concur with that view, all bar one in fact, and yet someone here found it easy? 4 minus pi or whatever the person above me said by the way was the general consensus among my school so I think we both got our marks there! Although I had real issues integrating x(cosx + sinx) and so did several others, did anyone else have that? My answer was somkething similar to (x + 1)sinx + (x-1)cosx or something that looks like that but I can't be bothered to do it again (did it a million times when I got home), did anyone else get that? And I didnt spot the end of I think number 4 was a differential equation, I felt like such an idiot when I got out. And the first one with the trapezium rule.... grr I did SO many stupid things and found that so hard! Is there any chance in hell that the grade boundary might be lowered if so many people had difficulty? Whoo I needed that rant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rojin)
    Wow I feel really thick being here! (I'm new) There's like a million threads on P6, clearly lots of further maths people here (M4!?!??!!) and here I am to express my severe dissappointment at the difficulty of P5 on Wednesday, I thought I was going to cry! Most people who came out of the exam at my school all seemed to concur with that view, all bar one in fact, and yet someone here found it easy? 4 minus pi or whatever the person above me said by the way was the general consensus among my school so I think we both got our marks there! Although I had real issues integrating x(cosx + sinx) and so did several others, did anyone else have that? My answer was somkething similar to (x + 1)sinx + (x-1)cosx or something that looks like that but I can't be bothered to do it again (did it a million times when I got home), did anyone else get that? And I didnt spot the end of I think number 4 was a differential equation, I felt like such an idiot when I got out. And the first one with the trapezium rule.... grr I did SO many stupid things and found that so hard! Is there any chance in hell that the grade boundary might be lowered if so many people had difficulty? Whoo I needed that rant!
    they will prob lower the grade boundary if people found it hard, which quite a few people from my school did, and yours apparently! MWAHAHAHAH yes it was 4 minus pi!!!!!!!! hhahaha all you annoying suckers from my school that after the exam were all agreeing with eachother it was pi over 2! i probably mishead them :| oh well... i substitued sinx + cosx with the answer that i got from the previous part, which i think made it harder!!!!!! but i thought i had to coz it said hence, lol grrrrr oh i thought that differential q was an implicit differentiation LOL IM SO BAD! ok it was dy/dx = x/y so i multiplied by y to get y dy/dx = x then i did implicitly differentiated it to get dy/dx x dy/dx + y d2y/dx2 = 1, so thats x^2/y^2 + y d2y/dx2 = 1, then y d2y/dx2 = - x^2/y^2, then i divided by the y, and realised i needed an extra y^2 on top lol! so i just kinda wrote it in :| at that stage i realised i wasn't right but i was just too depressed by the whole paper to do anything else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    they will prob lower the grade boundary if people found it hard, which quite a few people from my school did, and yours apparently! MWAHAHAHAH yes it was 4 minus pi!!!!!!!! hhahaha all you annoying suckers from my school that after the exam were all agreeing with eachother it was pi over 2! i probably mishead them :| oh well... i substitued sinx + cosx with the answer that i got from the previous part, which i think made it harder!!!!!! but i thought i had to coz it said hence, lol grrrrr oh i thought that differential q was an implicit differentiation LOL IM SO BAD! ok it was dy/dx = x/y so i multiplied by y to get y dy/dx = x then i did implicitly differentiated it to get dy/dx x dy/dx + y d2y/dx2 = 1, so thats x^2/y^2 + y d2y/dx2 = 1, then y d2y/dx2 = - x^2/y^2, then i divided by the y, and realised i needed an extra y^2 on top lol! so i just kinda wrote it in :| at that stage i realised i wasn't right but i was just too depressed by the whole paper to do anything else!
    It said hence or otherwise and the Rsin(x + alpha) thing was too complicated for me so I just did it by parts, do you rememebr what you got? I was completely stumped by the differential equation, but I was extremely disheartened by teh second derivative too. I manage dto end up with an x more than the answer so I... well just pretended it didnt exist! The last question went well but the places where for sure I did NOT do myself proud were number 1 (I know, I'm a 'tard), probably that nasty integration. Mean mean people. That second derivative and differential equation and last but not least, as though I havent had enough, the second past of the vector question. I probably laid a booboo on the general solutions too - I always manage to misuse them somehow! I am making myself sound like an idiot now, but I was doing so so so well before that exam I had done every single past paper! I was expecting to be honest that they would give us some slack as they will have to tailor-make the resit because it'll be the last one and I was guessing they wouldn't want a lot of that going on. I swear there's some meanie at AQA who just sits in his office rubbing his hands together all day thinking of ways to further ruin my life! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rojin)
    It said hence or otherwise and the Rsin(x + alpha) thing was too complicated for me so I just did it by parts, do you rememebr what you got? I was completely stumped by the differential equation, but I was extremely disheartened by teh second derivative too. I manage dto end up with an x more than the answer so I... well just pretended it didnt exist! The last question went well but the places where for sure I did NOT do myself proud were number 1 (I know, I'm a 'tard), probably that nasty integration. Mean mean people. That second derivative and differential equation and last but not least, as though I havent had enough, the second past of the vector question. I probably laid a booboo on the general solutions too - I always manage to misuse them somehow! I am making myself sound like an idiot now, but I was doing so so so well before that exam I had done every single past paper! I was expecting to be honest that they would give us some slack as they will have to tailor-make the resit because it'll be the last one and I was guessing they wouldn't want a lot of that going on. I swear there's some meanie at AQA who just sits in his office rubbing his hands together all day thinking of ways to further ruin my life! lol
    yeah totally, i could do like every past paper so easily, but then THIS paper, oh it was a meanie! i thought the first one was ok, i cant really remember it, i just cant remember having trouble with it. on the graph drawing one i remembered after the exam i forgot to mark down where the graph cut the x-axis!!!!!! i knew it was -0.5 and 0.5 but i didn't mark it on the graph like they asked for GR. i never read the question...
    lmao yeah the second differential was funny, i just added something in, i hope they give me the benefit of the doubt..
    im hoping i did well enough in the others to make sure i get an A. so, r u doing maths in uni then?

ReputationRep:
    Ah no not for me, A level was a battle enough, I took it at AS because way back then I wanted to be a patent lawyer and therefore needed chemistry which needs maths. Then I realised I'm really a bit rubbish at chemistry so got rid of that but kept the maths on as to be honest I warmed to it and I got an A. I thought the M2 went really well, so did the P4 (but I didnt like the last question with all that sec rubbish -not a fan of that) so hopefully I can break even with an A! :s

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.