Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok guys how'd ya find it. My personal attempt was terrible, panicked and balls the whole thing up.

I think i was one of the minority that found it hard. Everyone came out saying it was easy. What did you think?

ReputationRep:
    I think i done pretty well. I only made one mistake that i know about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_Head)
    ok guys how'd ya find it. My personal attempt was terrible, panicked and balls the whole thing up.
    you're not the only one. I thought it was pretty dreadful considering it's meant to be fairly straightforward and I was finding the practice papers quite easy. Verdicts at my school ranged from 'okay' to 'horrible'.

ReputationRep:
    it was gay... and there was a 7 mark question which i knew how to do but got a massive answer which i think is wrong... i was completely blank with the vector questions... i lost 7 marks on it... overall i think i lost about 20 marks which is 1/3 the paper so hopefully i get over 60 for it and get an A overall.. i only had 1 day to revise for it cos of other exams... but i should get an A for math overall...just needed over 50

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was good, (not 100% or anything) but im happy with it , made some silly errors but not bad !
    what did u guys get for the time fo the water to fill up 6-20 cm (rough answer)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    i thought it was good, (not 100% or anything) but im happy with it , made some silly errors but not bad !
    what did u guys get for the time fo the water to fill up 6-20 cm (rough answer)?
    i got 1888s...sounds completely wrong...i checked it twice and still got the same... my friend who think he smacked the paper said 19.2s...that sounds right.

ReputationRep:
    nooooooooooo
    i got 43 sec but a few of my m8s got 19 , i made a silly error about workin out the constant when you ∫. Hopefully i wil only lose max 2 marks for that

ReputationRep:
    what did u get when ∫5-x^2 / 25-x^2

ReputationRep:
    i got 43 seconds too i think. I didnt really know how to go abotu doing it! overall i thought it was a very nice paper compared to past ones, and the only marks i know iv probly dropped is that 7 mark question tho ill still get some for it, and the last vector question i cudnt work out how to do, all i did was find out the length of it was 5! Overall a nice paper much nicer than the past ones, fingers crossed for an A!

ReputationRep:
    I think i messed up the 7 mark question. Also the Maclaurin one - forgot to use the chain rule to differentiate.

ReputationRep:
    sdahdlfsjfsa;hghfdsgj;f

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASW)
    I think i messed up the 7 mark question. Also the Maclaurin one - forgot to use the chain rule to differentiate.
    :eek: - chain rule :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yea i used chain rule, got sumat like 3(wats in the bracket)-2 and 18(wats in the bracket)-3

ReputationRep:
    the fact tht it was worth 7 marks threw me...if it was worth 5 marks i would hav been okay....

ReputationRep:
    Hihi
    P3 wasnt so bad (but I am retaking it.). P7 was absolutely killer. None of my class finished it and we're all predicted A/Bs. Are there any other Further Mathematicians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unmeanbean)
    Hihi
    P3 wasnt so bad (but I am retaking it.). P7 was absolutely killer. None of my class finished it and we're all predicted A/Bs. Are there any other Further Mathematicians?
    My school doesn't do further maths...we only do up to p3 and we do methods(piss easy), s1, m1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    yea i used chain rule, got sumat like 3(wats in the bracket)-2 and 18(wats in the bracket)-3

thats exactly what i got.. im sure i was correct...that was for the differentiations for f(x)...then u use series formula and show its equal to the thing they stated. WOoooooOOooHOooOOOoooO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmAsTeR)
    thats exactly what i got.. im sure i was correct...that was for the differentiations for f(x)...then u use series formula and show its equal to the thing they stated. WOoooooOOooHOooOOOoooO
    Could be wrong but:

when it told you to integrate that fraction, underneath it, it said something like: "where y=3 and x=1"

what did this mean?

did you have to simplify it as a definite integral?

ReputationRep:
    yeah that was a tricky one... I used the "show that" question answer with the partial fractions to integrate. no limits so i got a constant (i just put +C at the end) y = 3 , x = 1 so i put the numbers in and found the constant. Didn't know whether i was doing the right thing tho.

ReputationRep:
    i used that aswel to find C

did u kno that the equation u had to intergrate was equal to 1-(partial fractions) you proved the 5-x²/25-x² (think it was that) was equal to 1- 20/somin ²x in the first part of the question.
    the 7 mark one really got me , the main problem is i didnt assume that at t=o x=0 because they didnt state that so once i intergrated i didnt calculate any value for C and so got a answer of 43 seconds (somin like that) and i heard alot of people go 19secs by findin C. That question was very unclear , normally they take you through it step by step but this time 'do this' 7marks BANG ! :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.