The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
olive
i understand the fact that life goes on, and i shouldnt stress about it. i just dont know how to deal with it. i try to think positively, i try to start days thinking positively, but its usually people actions that remind me how lonely i am. i start crying for no reason, constantly but never in front of people. i cant control it

One can feel lonely in a room full of people, its not about how others see us, its how we see ourselves, its how we feel. Crying is a great natural release, its one way our body has to express how we feel, you dont need to look for an answer as to why you are crying, just let the emotions run through and slowly they will subside. Find some music you like and listen to it, sit and close your eyes and try to lose yourself in the words. Im sure Sire will agree with me on this one, music is a fantastic healer if we only take the time to listen
Reply 181
DevilsDoor
One can feel lonely in a room full of people, its not about how others see us, its how we see ourselves, its how we feel. Crying is a great natural release, its one way our body has to express how we feel, you dont need to look for an answer as to why you are crying, just let the emotions run through and slowly they will subside. Find some music you like and listen to it, sit and close your eyes and try to lose yourself in the words. Im sure Sire will agree with me on this one, music is a fantastic healer if we only take the time to listen

im the biggest fan of music i know. i spend 90% of my day with music on, with my headphones on. its the only way i block out everything going on outside, but maybe thats a bad thing

its not musics thats gonna heal me, i need to change myself and my way of thinking.

i feel lonely, because im a shy insecure person, i find it hard to connect with people. im making myself sound like a retard here, but its how i feel. i may act happy and confident on the outside but im crying inside
Reply 182
olive
im the biggest fan of music i know. i spend 90% of my day with music on, with my headphones on. its the only way i block out everything going on outside, but maybe thats a bad thing

its not musics thats gonna heal me, i need to change myself and my way of thinking.

i feel lonely, because im a shy insecure person, i find it hard to connect with people. im making myself sound like a retard here, but its how i feel. i may act happy and confident on the outside but im crying inside

same here sometimes.

I think time will heal us all
Reply 183
olive

You dont sound anything of the sort, in fact you sound quite normal.

Agreed we all need to change ourselves to make our own lives better, but we have to do it because we want to, in our time and not because its expected of us, or, we shouldnt be feeling how we are. Many people dont understand depression because it doesnt show physically although it can manifest itself in a physical manner as well. Contrary to how I may sound, Im a shy insecure person as well, its only through realising other people are like me and being able to share my experiences that gives me my confidence, I might not be able to alter my life right now, but if talking to me helps any one of you, its part way to my recovery. Give On the Turning Away by Pink Floyd a listen, think you will appreciate the words if you dont know the song already
i went through this major depression thing in year 10, went on for 2-3 months, im not sure. I was felt so low aboutmy self, thought i was ugly, dumb etc, to a point i felt so numb and emotionless. I used to moan a lot about almost everything to my friends and i was really nasty to everyone, i was sarcastic and most of the time i didn't even know I was being mean. I isolated myself, even though I had really good friends I felt lonely. I almost lost my friends, I realised they started acting strangly towards me, so I asked them what was going on. For that point I worked really hard to change.

I don't suffer from depression, I know why I was depressed its cause I think I went through a self change (became more self conscious), cause before that in years 7,8 and 9 I was really childish, never worked and was laughing 24/7 practically and didn't give damn what anyone thought.
Came to year 10 and I had to buckle up and start working for the GCSE'S.

Latest

Trending

Trending