Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    That's fine if you think I should grow up. I've already settled my problems with Sire, with or without you and snow_white's rude intervening.

You talk about putting the problems behind, and then when we do, BOTH of you come back to the thread to start up more crap. Are you not capable of seeing this? This thread contains everything you need to see how rude your bringing it all back up is.

And I didn't attack someone that disagreed with me, she didn't disagree, nor did you, you told me what to do in a situation where me and Sire seemed at odds with each other. I don't understand how any of it was your business. You said leave it out of the threads, this is only one thread and it is yours, so I can understand that, but me and him settled it in this thread which I thought was better than nothing, and you come back whining some more.

So, yes, GROW up. You put your nose in people's business and think because you play the peace-maker you're alright in doing so. But I fail to see the relevance when it's done and over with, and when snow_white whines to me, and only me, because she's friends with Sire. Now shut up, because this is all becoming a lot like a popularity contest.

DON'T MESS WITH MY FRIENDS OR I'LL ***** AT YOU!!!!!!
    I guess someone got out of bed the wrong side, you dont have to respond, nor do I, said what I have to say and from this point on, will say no more, Im a little to old for slanging matches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    I guess someone got out of bed the wrong side, you dont have to respond, nor do I, said what I have to say and from this point on, will say no more, Im a little to old for slanging matches
    If you're gonna take the mature route, at least take it instead of describing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I don't care who you are, or who you're friends with. Me and Sire had problems, and I am very much entitled to speak of them. Stop trying to play little miss popular, because while he is your friend, he is still his own man, and I don't think he needs any friends crying a river over something that doesn't involve them.

Grow up.
    me grow up? try it yourself, i'm sure sire is perfectly able of looking after himself i'm just saying you wanna shut your mouth because i don't care who you are or who your friends are but i don't let people talk about my friends like that. you are completly entiltled to have problems with him and speak of them, but we don't want to hear about your problems, so if you have a problem with him then tell him privately and save us having to listen to you ***** and preach all the time.
    and by the way from the tone of the last reply it sounds like someone has some issues. trying to be little miss popular, please, i think someone else needs to grow up, not me, and who said i was a miss?
    seriously caz, GET OVER IT AND GROW UP!

ReputationRep:
    wow. caz I salute you. You certainly got there ire up. Any chance the lot of us can move back to the topic of this thread? What I'd like to know is whether or not depression can lead to schizophrenic (sp) attacks. Does anyone know of this happening? It is just that I know someone who is nice as pie one minute, and then for some reason she becomes an almost entirely different person. Even denies saying some things, and making up others (which she also denies saying)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    wow. caz I salute you. You certainly got there ire up. Any chance the lot of us can move back to the topic of this thread? What I'd like to know is whether or not depression can lead to schizophrenic (sp) attacks. Does anyone know of this happening? It is just that I know someone who is nice as pie one minute, and then for some reason she becomes an almost entirely different person. Even denies saying some things, and making up others (which she also denies saying)
    Hope this helps, copied from some research Ive been doing

Schizophrenia is equally represented in women and men. The onset of the illness generally occurs at a later age in women than in men (between ages 23 and 35 in women versus 18 to 25 for men). Not only do women generally present with schizophrenia at later ages, but the phenomenon of late onset schizophrenia (40+ years) is almost entirely a female one.

Women tend to display more prominent mood symptoms and men more negative symptoms. In the first episode of schizophrenia, women are more likely to display intense irritability, anger, and sadness; men are more likely to be withdrawn and emotionally apathetic. After the first episode, these distinctions begin to blur. PMS is not an indication of the onset of schizophrenia in women, although the symptoms are strikingly similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    To answer though, no, I would more likely say, depression is a sub factor of schizophrenia, but not a triggering one. Depression is also a chemical imbalance of the brain. Sounds like this woman is just suffering depression, not schizophrenia, I know I went through a period of denial first.

Definition of Schizophrenia, or one of

Schizophrenia is a severe brain disease that can make it difficult to know what is real and what is not. It can result in false perceptions and expectations, in enormous difficulties in understanding reality, and in corresponding difficulties with language and expression.

The array of symptoms of schizophrenia, while wide ranging, frequently includes psychotic manifestations, such as hearing internal voices (hallucinations) and assigning unusual significance or meaning to normal events or holding fixed false personal beliefs (delusions). No single symptom is definitive for diagnosis; rather, the diagnosis encompasses a pattern of signs and symptoms, in conjunction with impaired occupational or social functioning.

(Source: DSM-IV)

ReputationRep:
    A definition of Depression

Depression

Depression is a disorder of mood, characterized by sadness and loss of interest in usually satisfying activities, a negative view of the self and hopelessness, passivity, indecisiveness, suicidal intentions, loss of appetite, weight loss, sleep disturbances, and other physical symptoms. Some or all of these symptoms may be present in people suffering from depression.

(Source: DSM-IV)

not everyone that suffers with depression will have all those symptoms, there are many forms of depression and varying time lengths as well, the mind is complex

ReputationRep:
    i agree i don't think depression can lead to it, and i do think it can have some play in becoming schizophrenic. i've seen programs on people who suffer from it, and it seems pretty clear that they had some form of depression previously. hey with any luck maybe my depression will assist me into schizophrenia, then at least people might like one of the other personalities i could display.
    by the way sire, who's your friend? anyone i know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    me grow up? try it yourself, i'm sure sire is perfectly able of looking after himself i'm just saying you wanna shut your mouth because i don't care who you are or who your friends are but i don't let people talk about my friends like that. you are completly entiltled to have problems with him and speak of them, but we don't want to hear about your problems, so if you have a problem with him then tell him privately and save us having to listen to you ***** and preach all the time.
    and by the way from the tone of the last reply it sounds like someone has some issues. trying to be little miss popular, please, i think someone else needs to grow up, not me, and who said i was a miss?
    seriously caz, GET OVER IT AND GROW UP!
    I don't understand why you copy everything I say...I think you do have schizophrenia. Okay, probably not, but you're really annoying.

I don't care if you don't wanna hear my "preaching", but the *****ing seems to be coming from you and your ignorant attacks "I don't let people talk to my friends like that!" Shut up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I don't understand why you copy everything I say...I think you do have schizophrenia. Okay, probably not, but you're really annoying.

I don't care if you don't wanna hear my "preaching", but the *****ing seems to be coming from you and your ignorant attacks "I don't let people talk to my friends like that!" Shut up
    Easy there caz, this is ages old now. Let's move on to Christmas and the new year shall we.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Easy there caz, this is ages old now. Let's move on to Christmas and the new year shall we.
    sorry i get ignorant from time to time. it's a sad, sad, disease that happens when people are ignorant to me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    lol
    this is ironic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    this is ironic
    hm, i guess it is!

ReputationRep:
    look caz i had no problem with you till this big ***** fight began, i think we either need to just forget about old news and start over or just ignore each other, preferably i wouldn't like to ignore you because you do seem to have alot of advice your whilling to give and some can be very interesting, so can we just start over, please?
    oh and i don't have schizophrenia yet but i was diagnosed with mutiple personalties so thanx for making me feel so much better about that!

ReputationRep:
    look caz i had no problem with you till this big ***** fight began, i think we either need to just forget about old news and start over or just ignore each other, preferably i wouldn't like to ignore you because you do seem to have alot of advice your whilling to give and some can be very interesting, so can we just start over, please?
    oh and i don't have schizophrenia yet but i was diagnosed with mutiple personalties so thanx for making me feel so much better about that!
    *Hugs* snow_white, the blind will lead the blind, ignorance more oft than not precides, agreed with you and sire, time to let bygones be bygones and let this thread stay what it began as, somewhere to discuss depression and other mental health issues

ReputationRep:
    Depression is a funny thing. I am not that depressed tonight despite the fact somthing quite bad I would rather not talk about has happened.

Yet other nights everything can be fine and I feel realty down. I find as longs as I am going out in the weekend or or whatever I tend to feeling better. If I don;t have social thing aranged I get depressed because I feel I have no friends etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well you see a problem with me, I see a problem with you. Let's not make it a popularity contest to see who's more right or wrong. We shall let it go, but even you can understand how annoying it gets when people just go along with their friends...like I said, a popularity contest. Be reasonable...I'll be reasonable.

You have multiple personalities? How tragic. Sorry for that

ReputationRep:
    i dont know much about skitzophrenea, but i do know that what is known about it is very vague, (stay with me on this one) people are skitzophrenic due to a label put on them because they display some/more than some of the symptoms associated with this 'made up' term... labelling skitzophrenea is great as it lets psychologists treat people who fall under this category, but to call skitzophrenea a disorder in itself is a little dangerous i think. i believe it is accepted that some people may be susceptable to developing skitzophrenea, yet it never manifests itself. Skitzophrenea seems to be linked to some problems in development, be they big or small, i think people underestimate the possible effect of small and seemingly insignificant events in life, for example the fact that you didnt get a buzz lightyear on your 7th birthday could cause you to kill small animals for pleasure when you are older, seemingly unrelated but possible (though we wouldnt know it) and then there is allways the fact that many things in our minds affect many other things, and are in turn affected, then re affect something else etc etc..... ermm, so what im saying some symptoms associated with the label skitzophrenea could be caused by said buzz lightyear, or severe mental abuse in development or a simple fixation with fantasy, similarly withdrawl from society, fear and hate could probably lead to skitzophrenia symptoms, which could in turn lead to others.

what im saying is that not enough is known about skitzophrenea to say anything about it, so therefore the whole thing is pointless i guess, as is this post seeing as the thread is not about skitzophrenea. ehh, sorry just read about skitzophrenea i had to vent some creativity.

about depression though, this can also be linked to things and other things which are linked to other things etc... like i said before, and while people conciously battle with depression they may miss what is causing it (like the buzz lightyear doll, by the way im being symbolic) and it would probably take a truckload of weed or a psychologist to unravel the knots in their mind, or arguably create more knots, who really knows? god i hate psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy)
    it would probably take a truckload of weed or a psychologist to unravel the knots in their mind, or arguably create more knots, who really knows? god i hate psychology
    *Chuckles*, on that note it could be the artificial high of the weed, then the unnatural low that follows that causes some peoples depression.

Its unfortunate we live in a world where more is wanted for less, pressure is put on people to *perform*, *provide*, instead of people concentrating on the more important things in life, I mean ... does it really matter if Joe Bloggs has 12 Grade A's, a PS2, a horse and a yacht he can go sailing round the Med' in, personal achievement and how you feel about yourself is far more important. Its all very well having a naturally competitive streak, but to put so much emphasis on it, means everyone is under more pressure and when they see others seemingly doing *better* than themselves, then one starts to feel a failure, low self esteem, etc - Depression, which then starts a vicious circle to break. A little encouragement, praise, a few words of recognition is all most need to feel good about themselves, takes little, yet means such a lot.

ReputationRep:
    there was a thread similar to this on another board, it really helped people to let out what they were thinking, was good and bad...
    i probably do suffer from depression, im pretty sure i do but i cant see a doctor without someone over sixteen because im under 15 an i dont want anyone to know....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.