A2 Accounting - Dissolution and Admitting a new partner.

Watch
my_anon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Help, my teacher is really bad, he doesnt explain any of this well and my text book is confusing. Do you have any notes of dissolution of a partnership and admitting a new partner. If not could you got throught the steps with me. I really like accounting and want to get an a/a* in it!

P.S. quote me so i can come back to the tread thanks!
Ice_Queen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you got any specific questions?

I'm a third year Accountancy student, and I did two Law modules in my first/second year, so I've been through some of this but my notes may be a little more in-depth.
wildbeast15
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
For the dissolution part you have to balance off all asset accounts except the cash and bank and transfer the balances to the Realisation account,
then the provision accounts such as doubtful debts into realisation.
Assets sold are put into the bank account and credited in the realisation account,
the takeover of assets by partners are debited in there capital account then credit in realisation,
realisation expenses are credit bank then debit realisation,
creditors paid off are debit creditors then credit bank, if there is discount then the discount goes in the realisation account on credit side,
then share the profit or loss on realisation, debit realisation and credit capital for profit and vice versa,
if there are any loans debit loan account then credit capital,
then transfer partners current accounts to capital account,
If partner has a debit balance creedit capital then debit bank
finally remaining cash/bank balances are uused to repay the credit balance on partners' capital a/c
hope it makes sense, too me an age to write
Freddy Jnr
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by my_anon)
Help, my teacher is really bad, he doesnt explain any of this well and my text book is confusing. Do you have any notes of dissolution of a partnership and admitting a new partner. If not could you got throught the steps with me. I really like accounting and want to get an a/a* in it!

Hey,

I'm doing A2 accounting too and it seems as though we're in a similar position. My teacher is good but we only have one lesson a week cos only three out of about twenty of us passed AS and our college is being cheap!

I'm doing AQA and found that the exclusively endorsed textbook doesn't help much. Usually I am not the sort of person that can learn well straight from a book but there are a couple books that are MUCH better. Are you AQA or OCR?

Let me know
wildbeast15
Report 11 years ago
Hey i'm doing A2 accounting as well but in this case our teachers are quite good :P you should look at the nelson thornes A2 accounting, theres not much theory but explains how to do the practical side very well.
my_anon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Freddy Jnr)
Hey,

I'm doing A2 accounting too and it seems as though we're in a similar position. My teacher is good but we only have one lesson a week cos only three out of about twenty of us passed AS and our college is being cheap!

I'm doing AQA and found that the exclusively endorsed textbook doesn't help much. Usually I am not the sort of person that can learn well straight from a book but there are a couple books that are MUCH better. Are you AQA or OCR?

Let me know
Sorry for taking so long, but im doing AQA too! There are no revision books or online notes on it at all.
Freddy Jnr
Report 11 years ago
Cool. The book I find most helpful (for all topics) is A2 Accounting for AQA (David Cox and Michael Fardon) and it's under £20. This has questions on each topic and gives ansers to about half of them at the back.

If money's no object I also have an A2 Accounting pack from the National Extension College which goes through everything step by step. That's about £180 I think so may not be an option for you.

I also have Ian Harrison's "Advanced Accounting for A2" which covers both AQA and OCR. I haven't gone through that one yet but I'm going on the assumption that I'm likely to understand elemements of some easier than I do others. Also, it can't hurt to get practice at different styles of questions.

Hope this has been somewhat helpful.
matt2k8
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by my_anon)

The AQA-approved textbook (the one I assume you're using) isn't very good at all, it's decent for some of the written bits but other than that it's a bit confusing/short :\ I advise getting "Advanced Accounting for A2" by Ian Harrison. The only way to get used to it really is to practice as there's so many weird items/situations that can pop up.
dorcas daniel
Report 11 years ago
i think ian harrison is better becasue that's what i use in my college and you can also try past questions because there is no differnence in the questions so you can understand likely questions to come out
hope that helps
charlenetapiwa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you that helped a span
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (27)
5.73%
Uncertainty around my education (53)
11.25%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (56)
11.89%
Lack of purpose or motivation (62)
13.16%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (26)
5.52%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.46%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (49)
10.4%
Financial worries (29)
6.16%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (31)
6.58%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.97%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (46)
9.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
8.07%

Watched Threads