The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

BUS6 tomora!

whos got business studies unit 6 tomora i have lol...
Reply 1
I have
Reply 2
i thought i was ok apart from the question about synergies
Reply 3
Nah that was well hard. the synergies question was the worst one!!!! They seemed to ask the opposite to what i expected, and the fact that it was a mobile phone company mader harder then i originally thought. First when i openedthe paper i was like yes mobile phones, the n realised it wasnt as easy as it loked.

whta did you right for the synergie question seeing as it emphasised NOT
Reply 4
+ taller organisation structure - slower communication, distortion, less flexible, slower decision making, less reactive in a fast moving market, communication becoming too unidirectional

+ workers - de motivated, less control of the organisation. Staffing issues, retraining and labour turnover, abenteeism and productivity effects - costs maybe passed onto consumer making them less competitive.

+ talked about the action vodaphone took the move into one HQ in london - staffing issues, fears and job security (maslow). Talked about the possible standardisation of the admin system - 28 different systems at present.

+ Unethical - may lead to monopoly if it was to continue.

Concluded with - many issues affect it, however there are some good points, made a recommendation.
Reply 5
Italked about clash in culture etc demotivation and the like
Reply 6
the business culture was similar so i didnt risk that
Reply 7
oh and ther was already a question on culture so it didnt make sense to use up all i knew on culture for that question
Reply 8
i put it into the context as vodafone is a multinational company with operations in different countries such as japan,europe etc which all have different corporate cultures as the management style in entrepeunarial(sp?) introducing a standardised system in places over the world might not go down to well with employees in japan etc where the culture and way of life is much different to the u.k.
Reply 9
ok lol
Reply 10
i read the questions one by one so I wouldnt know there was going to be a question on corporate culture.
Reply 11
lol i have to admit i nearly ended up puttin some culture waffle in before i read it.
Reply 12
whats the lol for, you think im wrong? punk :wink:
Reply 13
which lol , lol... i used the first lol becasue it wudnt let me post cuz it didnt have enought charecters, i 'lol' in nearly every post - bad habit - lol

you are rarely wrong in BS so long as its in context - due to a 'positvie marking approach'
Reply 14
was a good paper, was better than what i was expecting. All the past papers i had done were well hard, but this was good, and it even gave you the definition of synergies lol.
Reply 15
I thought that was damn hard!
I think it was the actual wording of the questions that made it difficult, they were a bit weird.
Oh well, I answered all the questions and think I wrote plenty, should be ok.
Well lol i cam out of that exam rather confussed. It wasnt the exam i expected lol i did the same to. I opened the paper saw it was about Vodafone and thought great something ill understand. Then when i saw the questions i was like what the.... I think the paper was really hard and challenging. But i am actually really pleased with the answers i put. It was weird though as everything i had learned for this topic didnt seem to really come up, just had to rely on Business Studies Common Sense to get me through.

Lol i spent loads of time revising decision trees, ethics, social responsibility, presssure groups, growth, ansoffs matrix ( of which there was a bit), but none of it really came up.

Emma xx
oh and i reckon the grade boundries for that exam will be quite low xx
I thought that was a hard paper (and im not being arrogant but I got a very high A at AS) it was very ambiguous and open, not like the normal business quesitons which usually give an idea of what answers they want.

thankfully I only needed an E yesterday (to get an A overall) im thinking my grade will be very much on the E level, it was easily the worst business exam I have done

Latest