Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whos got business studies unit 6 tomora i have lol...

ReputationRep:
    I have

ReputationRep:
    i thought i was ok apart from the question about synergies

ReputationRep:
    Nah that was well hard. the synergies question was the worst one!!!! They seemed to ask the opposite to what i expected, and the fact that it was a mobile phone company mader harder then i originally thought. First when i openedthe paper i was like yes mobile phones, the n realised it wasnt as easy as it loked.

whta did you right for the synergie question seeing as it emphasised NOT

ReputationRep:
    + taller organisation structure - slower communication, distortion, less flexible, slower decision making, less reactive in a fast moving market, communication becoming too unidirectional

+ workers - de motivated, less control of the organisation. Staffing issues, retraining and labour turnover, abenteeism and productivity effects - costs maybe passed onto consumer making them less competitive.

+ talked about the action vodaphone took the move into one HQ in london - staffing issues, fears and job security (maslow). Talked about the possible standardisation of the admin system - 28 different systems at present.

+ Unethical - may lead to monopoly if it was to continue.

Concluded with - many issues affect it, however there are some good points, made a recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    Italked about clash in culture etc demotivation and the like

ReputationRep:
    the business culture was similar so i didnt risk that

ReputationRep:
    oh and ther was already a question on culture so it didnt make sense to use up all i knew on culture for that question

ReputationRep:
    i put it into the context as vodafone is a multinational company with operations in different countries such as japan,europe etc which all have different corporate cultures as the management style in entrepeunarial(sp?) introducing a standardised system in places over the world might not go down to well with employees in japan etc where the culture and way of life is much different to the u.k.

ReputationRep:
    ok lol

ReputationRep:
    i read the questions one by one so I wouldnt know there was going to be a question on corporate culture.

ReputationRep:
    lol i have to admit i nearly ended up puttin some culture waffle in before i read it.

ReputationRep:
    whats the lol for, you think im wrong? punk

ReputationRep:
    which lol , lol... i used the first lol becasue it wudnt let me post cuz it didnt have enought charecters, i 'lol' in nearly every post - bad habit - lol

you are rarely wrong in BS so long as its in context - due to a 'positvie marking approach'

ReputationRep:
    was a good paper, was better than what i was expecting. All the past papers i had done were well hard, but this was good, and it even gave you the definition of synergies lol.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was damn hard!
    I think it was the actual wording of the questions that made it difficult, they were a bit weird.
    Oh well, I answered all the questions and think I wrote plenty, should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Well lol i cam out of that exam rather confussed. It wasnt the exam i expected lol i did the same to. I opened the paper saw it was about Vodafone and thought great something ill understand. Then when i saw the questions i was like what the.... I think the paper was really hard and challenging. But i am actually really pleased with the answers i put. It was weird though as everything i had learned for this topic didnt seem to really come up, just had to rely on Business Studies Common Sense to get me through.

Lol i spent loads of time revising decision trees, ethics, social responsibility, presssure groups, growth, ansoffs matrix ( of which there was a bit), but none of it really came up.

Emma xx

ReputationRep:
    oh and i reckon the grade boundries for that exam will be quite low xx

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was a hard paper (and im not being arrogant but I got a very high A at AS) it was very ambiguous and open, not like the normal business quesitons which usually give an idea of what answers they want.

thankfully I only needed an E yesterday (to get an A overall) im thinking my grade will be very much on the E level, it was easily the worst business exam I have done

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.