Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl

Is U5 always having a synoptic section ie choose one Q from 2.....as just did a spec paper and it came up in there....and not in any others???

ReputationRep:
    They've taken it out I think and it includes synoptic questions throughout the paper rather than just at the end

ReputationRep:
    DAMN..lol...so anyone got the past papers for 05 for both units???? Also any tips for Unit 4 revision by thos who have taken it in Jan???

ReputationRep:
    yep. and what spec did you do because Ive just done the unit 5 specimen from their website and there was no choice in that.

ReputationRep:
    ermm.....it was well it jus sez Unit 5 Specimen on tha frnt...bad copy.....well it had Qs about oxidation of Vandium and first Q was about....how reactions can be monitored.

ReputationRep:
    where is there any synoptic in unit 5?!!??!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    there is synoptic in unit 5, if you read the specification it says it will test areas of the course, and if you've done a practice paper recently they do ask you synoptic stuff. I think it will even have synoptic written in brackets on the front cover.

ReputationRep:
    looking at the june 04 paper (1st that came to hand!) there only seems to be questions from unit 5-it doesnt seem to cover any other part of the syllabus... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think I did jan 04 and there was a lot of synoptic stuff in that.

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/25049.pdf
    read page 39 onward, many of the topics require application of knowledge from previous units

ReputationRep:
    ok, seems to make a bit more sense now! thanks for your help, did get me worried for a sec tho! was thinking along biology lines, where each unit is totally new materal, but in chem it seems to be buildin on whats been done b4.

good luck 2moz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billyboy)
    looking at the june 04 paper (1st that came to hand!) there only seems to be questions from unit 5-it doesnt seem to cover any other part of the syllabus... :confused:
    Tiny bit about grignard reagents on the second page but yup, hardly anything really. Think its only something like 10% of the total paper though

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.