Turn on thread page Beta

Jimmy Eat World UK Tour watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been to/going to see them?

I'm going to Sheffield Octogan tomorrow night! (already have a meet up semi-organised with ppl from j.e.w message board..want to come as well then PMme)

Any pictures? Or whatever really...i just want to know what to expect!

*excited*

ReputationRep:
    I went to see them in Birmingham in March! We were front row after queuing for about 3 1/2 hours. It was easily the best gig I have ever been to. You will have an awesome time as they are fantastic live and the crowd is good too. Lively but friendly. Have fun

I was going to go actually but then realised that I had an exam the next day

ReputationRep:
    I went to see them in Norwich in March, it was really good fun, we were stood right at the front but on the steps so we were about the same height as the stage, had an excellent view and all without being in the pit :cool: support band were rubbish though...

ReputationRep:
    Went to see them a few years back just before "Bleed America" came out. Was pretty awesome, don't they suck a bit now though?

ReputationRep:
    Saw them last Wednesday in Bristol (it was a rescheduling of the gig they cancelled back in March when Jim lost his voice). They were good, but it's not the best gig I've been to. That, and they didn't do Polaris

ReputationRep:
    my friend went to see greenday on sunday and they were the supporting act. so jealous!!
    i love jimmy eat world but iv never seen them live or anything.. tho id really like to. lol y am i posting again?

ReputationRep:
    I really love Jimmy Eat world - i want to go see them but i don't have the money and they arn't playing anywhere close to me (or maybe i overlooked this - r they playing in Kent?)

Well I don't think they suck at all - i agree sum of there songs are naff and none of their videos are amazing (oh except for lucky denver mint- the frisbey team lmao) but they are very good live - i heard them when they played the whiskey agogo strip on Radio one a few months back - they palyed authority song and it was very cool!

Just got a Jimmy eat world T-shirt btw - £4 on Ebay How happy am i

So what's everyones fav Jimmy songs?

Mine would have to be:
    - The middle,
    - Authority song (but when they did it live)
    - lucky denver mint
    - crush
    - your new anesthetic
    - robot factory
    -work (reminds me of a certain S*** Head)
    -pain/drugs or me (love the way these two flow)
    - Just Tonight (this song always reminds me of a S*** Head)
    - Bleed American (live version)
    - when i want :rolleyes:

BTW is the first album any good - the self titles one - i havn'tpicked it up yet - just wondered if it was worth buying.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm

Well Bleed American reminds me of my ex (massive jew fan)
    and Polaris/23 remind me of my current boyfriend (also massive jew fan)

And Hear You Me (tho strictly not a jew song..but has been adopted as such) is beautiful.

I'd love to hear Authority Song live...*keeps fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Hmmm

Well Bleed American reminds me of my ex (massive jew fan)
    and Polaris/23 remind me of my current boyfriend (also massive jew fan)

And Hear You Me (tho strictly not a jew song..but has been adopted as such) is beautiful.

I'd love to hear Authority Song live...*keeps fingers crossed*
    I'll try and put the live recording i did up as soon as i can compress it:

it has the following tracks live:

- Bleed American, Authority song, pain, futures, work, seventeen, crush - i think that was all i got.

If anyone has a live version of the middle i'd really like that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.