any idear??for accounting and finance
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Good

ReputationRep:
    It's good for sports science and sports related degrees. Not sure about any other courses to be honest. I'd try one of the more popular universities for accounting and finance. Such as: leeds,manchester,birmingham,Bris tol etc. It all depends on what you are expecting to get in A levels.

(Original post by beneath)
    It is a very repected Uni and the teching quality is (according to something I read last week) second only to Cambridge across the board. Its overall ranking would suggest that it is more than just the "Sports Uni" that so many people seem to think it is!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's good for sports science and sports related degrees. Not sure about any other courses to be honest. I'd try one of the more popular universities for accounting and finance. Such as: leeds,manchester,birmingham,Bris tol etc. It all depends on what you are expecting to get in A levels.
    Loughborough asked for more A-level points for maths than Leeds did. I think its a very good university, but its mainly know for its sports department.

i'd say best in country for sport and quite well respected for business degrees, anything else not really. the town itself is tiny though, no nightlife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    i'd say best in country for sport and quite well respected for business degrees, anything else not really. the town itself is tiny though, no nightlife
    And it costs a small fortune in taxis to go to Nottingham, Leicester or Derby, which are all quite close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    well said, the campus is in the middle of nowhere. its also a bit of a concrete jungle. the engineering department there is also good. but i dont think it rivals the likes of cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    well said, the campus is in the middle of nowhere. its also a bit of a concrete jungle. the engineering department there is also good. but i dont think it rivals the likes of cambridge!
    Concrete jungle? You obviously haven't seen UEA

I didn;t think Lboro was that much of a concrete jungle - very spacious, well laid out, got some nice accomodation. However aside from the students union (which has quite a good club place and a nice new bar) there is relatively little in the city in terms of nightlife. When i applied, I was told that it only took 20mins by train to get to Nottinghma for a night out, but you had to come home fairly early unless you wanted to have to pay a fortine for a taxi. But if you can deal with being on capmus a lot, then its a nice place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    i have got an offer from leeds ,manchester,lancaster,aston,Lb,w aiting LSE ,but i like their offer of a year in industry, can get some money any way.so prob will choose aston or Lb

ReputationRep:
    It's also very good for any engineering degree which no-one seems to have mentioned..

ReputationRep:
    i have got an offer from leeds ,manchester,lancaster,aston,Lb,w aiting LSE ,but i like their offer of a year in industry, can get some money any way.so prob will choose aston or Lb
    I applied to Leeds, manchester and Aston and received offers from all of them. I was attracted to Aston with the sandwich year. But when i went up the place didn't really do it for me and i didn't really want to go there. The course i applied for was Business administration and Human Psychology at Aston. Which courses did you apply at the 3 universities i listed?

ReputationRep:
    Good? Their baseball team ain't. Apparently its good for initiation ceremonies, kinda dodgy ones!?
    One of the senior lecturers in sports science, is keen on his students.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    A nickel aint worth a dime anymore. Great Yogi proverb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I applied to Leeds, manchester and Aston and received offers from all of them. I was attracted to Aston with the sandwich year. But when i went up the place didn't really do it for me and i didn't really want to go there. The course i applied for was Business administration and Human Psychology at Aston. Which courses did you apply at the 3 universities i listed?
    i applied for accounting for maneragement at aston, will go to its open day on JAN,then see how's it going. me dad want me go to Birmingham ,cos he said it will be easier for me to get a job there..hehe...i have finacial promble.so ...either lb or aston ....><....did you applied for lse? any offers?

ReputationRep:
    I want to do a degree in Sport because I want to be a Physical Education teacher. I don't know whether to go to Loughborough Uni or go to a closer one to me. I live up in Yorkshire though and I don't know which are the best universities for Sports and teaching, apart from Loughborough. Has anyone got any good suggestions? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbiesno1)
    I want to do a degree in Sport because I want to be a Physical Education teacher. I don't know whether to go to Loughborough Uni or go to a closer one to me. I live up in Yorkshire though and I don't know which are the best universities for Sports and teaching, apart from Loughborough. Has anyone got any good suggestions? :confused:
    My friend wants to do that too - and she's applying to Leeds Met, Leeds Trinity, St Martins College, Edge Hill, Worcester and Sheffield Hallam.

A lot of the best teaching "Unis" are actually accredited colleges, and therefore won't be found in conventional league tables.

HTH

x-Laura-x

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough is one of the best universities for fine art according to the league tables (im studying there) It was in the top 3 last time I looked.

(Original post by ******_dong)
    Loughborough is one of the best universities for fine art according to the league tables (im studying there) It was in the top 3 last time I looked.
    Its probably one of the most under-rated uni's (alongside Cardiff and Newcastle). Its always performs consistently well right acroos the board and for anyone considering a science degree (particularly engineering), the employment prosepects are great. People always seem to forget its ranked 12th in The Times and 14th in The Table of Tables!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is good, although not noticed as much as it should be by students for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    I went for an Open Day for English & Art History - apparently it has a lot more students studying arts than sports. I was very impressed with it and the SU looked excellent with plenty to do. It didn't really feel like a concrete jungle - there was plenty of open space and trees.

From what I saw & heard, they are very modern in outlook and prepare their students well for employment.

Only drawback seemed to be that the rugby team has a habit of running naked through the dining halls. ;-)

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.