Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i want to apply for medicine this year......and because your only allowed to apply to apply to 4 unis, i'm kinda unsure about what course i should choose for my 5/6th option.....i was thinking biochemistry (cos the grades needed are lower)......but i'm still unsure...........so what did you guys choose as your other options???

ReputationRep:
    Its the same for vets aswell and I don't have a clue what to put I don't want to do any other course!! Can you leave it blank?? :confused:
    :lollypop:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for biomedical science and anatomical sciences.

I prob would have gone with the anatomy course - dunno why!

ReputationRep:
    You can leave it blank Nina - there seems to be a few people on here who did. You just have to be prepared to take a gap year or go through clearing if your 4 choices happen to reject you. xx

ReputationRep:
    I left my last two blank... It was easier to write my personal statement directed towards one subject instead of two, especially as it is difficult enought trying to write everythign you want in the space you are given.
    To be honest, I didn't really want to do any other course then medicine anyways, so didn't see the point in putting anything else down.

ReputationRep:
    Neuroscience

ReputationRep:
    Audiology

ReputationRep:
    Probably going to leave mine blank, might go for a philosophy of science degree or a pure science.. however personal statement is my priority, the other courses will have to put up with listening to how much i love helping people.

if i don't get in i'll be taking up an art foundation and studying photography

ReputationRep:
    Neuroscience / Psychology
    Neuroscience / History

ReputationRep:
    mine were blank

ReputationRep:
    I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I left them blank. Partly as if you receive an offer from your 5/6 option and accept it them you'll not be able to go through clearing or extra as you will already be holding an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I didn't.
    So you didn't feel like adding another degree to your collection before medicine?

(Original post by Saf!)
    i want to apply for medicine this year......and because your only allowed to apply to apply to 4 unis, i'm kinda unsure about what course i should choose for my 5/6th option.....i was thinking biochemistry (cos the grades needed are lower)......but i'm still unsure...........so what did you guys choose as your other options???
    Biochem offers tend to be the highest for biological science.

Human genetics (ABB offer- but told at interview they would accept BBB)
    Biochemistry (BBB offer - didn't turn up to the interview)

ReputationRep:
    left them blank. i figured that even though they dont see which unis u applied to, they can still see u used 6 spaces instead of 4 and i thought it might disadvantage me. plus, i couldnt be arsed to look thru any prospectuses again

ReputationRep:
    Some people do leave it blank but I wouldn't recommend it! You will not lose anything from putting down extra options. Often offers for vet science and medicine come a lot later and it is a bit of an ego boost to have an offer even if it is a course that you don't really want to do. Some of my friends who didn't put any other options down felt really disheartened when everyone else had offers and they didn't! I applied to Liverpool, RVC and Bristol for vet science and got offers from RVC and Liverpool. My other three options were Animal Science at Nottingham, Animal Behaviour and Welfare at Bristol and Equine Dental Science at UWE.

ReputationRep:
    neuroscience BBB
    Biomedical science-
    BCC (didnt go to interview)

ReputationRep:
    Medical Sciences at Birmingham. But then I got 3 offers for Medicine (all with the same grades) and decided I wouldn't want to do a 3 years BSc course so rejected them. If you're keen on doing a course before medicine if you don't get in and then going in grad-entry you should choose a 5th or 6th, but if you'd rather re-apply the following year I wouldn't bother.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.