The Student Room Group

Why do attractive people rebel against their natural good looks?

Examples include Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Lindsey Lohan.

Take Brad Pitt, a very good looking guy but he sports a garish beard and looks like he doesn't care about how he looks or what he wears. David Beckham is the same. He will often dress down, sporting a beard, beanies and oversized t-shirts. Lohan is very good looking too yet she looks like she never bothers to wash.

Do you think they do this to rebel against their good looks and prove there is more to them than being attractive or do they genuinely just not care?
Reply 1
Are their good looks natural though? I always think that they're ok looking but made so much better through the use of makeup, hair extensions, cool clothes etc - and on days off when they can't be bothered and don't use these things, their true not so pretty selves are shown.
Reply 2
:dontknow:

Everyone has off days where they don't give a damn of what people think.
Reply 3
I don't think they necessarily rebel, but celebrities are human beings after all, and at times cannot help but appear from behind the whole makeup, designer clothing etc facade. We can't expect attractive people to look glamorous and well groomed all the time; it's just not possible:s-smilie: I agree with mehzzi also, considering the pressure to look perfect in the public eye can be overwhelming sometimes...
Reply 4
Maybe they don't care about how they look? They're rich, so their looks don't matter.
Um.

Not everyone is beautiful all of the time, not even Brad Pitt. Also, it's just unattractive in -your- opinion, and who are you to Brad Pitt/Lindsay Lohan?

Precisely.
Nick_000
Do you think they do this to rebel against their good looks and prove there is more to them than being attractive or do they genuinely just not care?

Perhaps they simply don't care for the standard format of "attractive" that is fed to society by the media?
they probably dont care, they probably dont want to go out all glammed up all the time

take daniel craig, theres pics of him all smart and pics of him all 'trampy'
Reply 8
Haha, they're not really natural good looks at all. Most people could look gorgeous if they had an entire team of stylists, personal trainers and buckets of makeup. I mean look at the pictures online of celebs without makeup, most of them look like utter dogs.
Reply 9
They know they're attractive. They don't have to keep up the effort 24/7, unlike those who aren't as blessed.
Reply 10
Are good looking people required to dress up all the time?

Latest

Trending

Trending