Turn on thread page Beta

A2 ppl: who's felt the impulse to throw everything away? watch

ReputationRep:
    I threw away all my Econ notes at the start of study leave, today I discarded most of my Geog notes, and I didn't really have any English notes to start with - so throwing them away wasn't really an option. The only entire set of notes that I've got now is History, but I think I'll hang on to them until results day.

I don't know what it is, but binning all those reams of notes just feels so good. I even got a bit overexcited and chucked a few books in too.

Anybody else had a clean out?

ReputationRep:
    LOL im totally the opposite, I've got all my excersise books since year 7! I'm a bit of a hoarder.. all my notes are still in folders in my desk! Even AS ones.. *ashamed* but by uni they'll all be in the bin as I have to have a clean out by order of my parental units

ReputationRep:
    Hahah yes, I had a history exam the other day and threw all the appropriate notes away as soon as I got home, piece by piece throughout the evening to stretch out the satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utu7)
    Hahah yes, I had a history exam the other day and threw all the appropriate notes away as soon as I got home, piece by piece throughout the evening to stretch out the satisfaction.
    Hmm, maybe I should bin the History stuff too. The only reason I haven't already is because they're the only notes that I put considerable time and effort into making. But then again, I'd rather go on the most horrible course clearing can offer than repeat a year of school - if things didn't go to plan. So I suppose there's no need to be hanging on to them.

ReputationRep:
    I think when I get the chance I will throw most of my notes away, but that's mainly because they're all one scattered sheets of paper, rather than in books that are easy to keep.

I'm looking forward to making a clean start and focusing on one subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savage Noodles)
    LOL im totally the opposite, I've got all my excersise books since year 7! I'm a bit of a hoarder.. all my notes are still in folders in my desk! Even AS ones.. *ashamed* but by uni they'll all be in the bin as I have to have a clean out by order of my parental units
    My mum insisted on putting all my primary school scribblings in the attic, but apart from that (and A2 History) - I have no record of fourteen years of schooling; save for the memories, and some pretty shoddy end-of-term reports.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't thrown away any of my notes, dont wanna jinx it. I might do awfully and have to redo my exams again next year :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I havn't thrown anything yet so far. I will do soon though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am throwing away my notes as I go along exams. Yesterday I have disposed of all ecology notes with great pleasure. I have bined most of my AS notes apart of biology and organic chemistry that I have left for synoptic peapers/retakes. My European Studies notes have been donated to people year under. I cannot wate to throw away Physic notes, I think I my actualy burn them .

ReputationRep:
    We should stat an A2 bonfire of notes!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    me n my friends contemplated bonfiring our french lit "notes" and book today...its still not been taken off the agenda..anyone free to join!

ReputationRep:
    i wanna chuck them away but im not gonna cos il probs hav 2 resist sumthin knowin my luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    My mum insisted on putting all my primary school scribblings in the attic, but apart from that (and A2 History) - I have no record of fourteen years of schooling; save for the memories, and some pretty shoddy end-of-term reports.
    I kept all my books up until recently when I was in a mood and tore up all my books from secondary school. Kind of regret it now, but at least some space has been cleared.

My history notes were appauling. But I did feel a small underlying sadness throwing away the carefully prepared comic sans worksheets.

ReputationRep:
    I have thrown away all of my notes too, feels so good and liberating...I was very zealous when disposing of my economics notes it must be said :p:

ReputationRep:
    So far i've chucked out:
    All my AS Sociology notes - no trace of them left (exams for that ended ages ago though).
    The microbiology bit of my biology (I really enjoyed ripping that up actually) - the rest I'm keeping for the exam on friday.
    I chucked out some geography notes today, although I still have some.
    Got all my chemistry notes as still have chemistry exams!

I'm recycling loads!

ReputationRep:
    My Austrian friend, who sat the Matura, burnt all his notes and posted photos for me and our other mates. Think I might follow his lead...chemistry first!

ReputationRep:
    My Polish friends had a class party with a huge bonfire after theirs Matura . I cannot belive they have finished almost a month ago and I still have so many exams to do :/.

ReputationRep:
    All those two years, we wasted a lot of paper (bad for the environement :p: ).

We should have an TSR A2 bonfire somewhere. It's going to be a big one!

ReputationRep:
    I might throw my physics stuff away but all my human biology is already sorted by units into seperate ring binders, and soon so will my geo notes. Ive also got folders and folders of old papers and mark schemes sorted by date and subject

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably keep my notes for a few more years! Seriously, I still have all my GCSE exercise books!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.