Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone doing this exam ready for it 2moro?! its gonna be a very long nite 2nite for me i feel!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmS)
    Everyone doing this exam ready for it 2moro?! its gonna be a very long nite 2nite for me i feel!lol
    Hey there, I'm doing it too! Infact, its my second try at it! I felt robbed at how hard the january exam was for chemistry of materials (got a low B, not good enough for uni though ) so I have to *sigh* do it again! Spent the whole day doing every single module, and I've just got to revise mole equations and experimental techniques... then i might read through Chemical Storylines very quickly; you'd be suprised how many questions they shove in from there that seem very random!

You doing it for the first or second time? Best of luck with it!!

(and we've got tomorrow morning at least to panic about it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synkronized)
    Hey there, I'm doing it too! Infact, its my second try at it! I felt robbed at how hard the january exam was for chemistry of materials (got a low B, not good enough for uni though ) so I have to *sigh* do it again! Spent the whole day doing every single module, and I've just got to revise mole equations and experimental techniques... then i might read through Chemical Storylines very quickly; you'd be suprised how many questions they shove in from there that seem very random!

You doing it for the first or second time? Best of luck with it!!

(and we've got tomorrow morning at least to panic about it!)
    If i said this was the fourth time I was doing it, would people laugh at me? I'm stuck on 60/90.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    If i said this was the fourth time I was doing it, would people laugh at me? I'm stuck on 60/90.
    My god, 4th time?! That sucks to a new level of er... "suckiness!" I think i got 64/90 last time, but i came out the exam feeling like I'd just failed life lol. Well, the very best of luck to you, I'm sure you can give the paper a good walloping tomorrow afternoon! Seriously, I hope this time you get what you want

ReputationRep:
    My god, 4th time?! That sucks to a new level of er... "suckiness!" I think i got 64/90 last time, but i came out the exam feeling like I'd just failed life lol. Well, the very best of luck to you, I'm sure you can give the paper a good walloping tomorrow afternoon! Seriously, I hope this time you get what you want
    every time i say i'll take it, i never have the time to revise! Thing is, now I got my coursework back, I only needed a C in this paper anyway, but I'll do it anyway tomorrow!

Best of luck to you too, and even more luck for next tue!!

ReputationRep:
    im doin it for the 2nd time........got a d in jan, ouch!! was so surprised cos i found it relatively ok....hope theres lots of stuff on dna as im a biologist!lol

anyone hazard a guess 2 wat the 5/6 mark questions will be? i cant remember which ones they had in jan

ReputationRep:
    every time i say i'll take it, i never have the time to revise! Thing is, now I got my coursework back, I only needed a C in this paper anyway, but I'll do it anyway tomorrow!

Best of luck to you too, and even more luck for next tue!!
    Heh, thankyou, are you doing the paper next tuesday as well? Im looking forward to that about as much as having my leg sawn off and used to play cricket with. Scary paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmS)
    im doin it for the 2nd time........got a d in jan, ouch!! was so surprised cos i found it relatively ok....hope theres lots of stuff on dna as im a biologist!lol

anyone hazard a guess 2 wat the 5/6 mark questions will be? i cant remember which ones they had in jan
    recrystallisation and enzymes

ReputationRep:
    recrystallisation and enzymes
    wat do u mean they were the ones in jan, or wat u think will come up this time?

yep im doin the one next tuesday............its not gonna be fun at all!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmS)
    wat do u mean they were the ones in jan, or wat u think will come up this time?

yep im doin the one next tuesday............its not gonna be fun at all!!!
    they came up in jan.

I have no idea what may come up tomorrow :confused: prolly an experimental technique

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmS)

I LOVE the DNA/ protein questions, I'm a biologist too Which exam board you taking for biology? I'm doing edexcel, unit 5 exam yesterday, and synoptic on friday! Scary stuff!!

Anyway, I think the big mark question will either be on an experimental technique (i'll go for... colorimetry, they've done recrystallisation and chromatography fairly recently), something to do with steel (sacrificial metal/ BOS production of steel?) or testing out a medicine.

Just writing that has got me paranoid I don't know any of them well enough. Oh god

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE the DNA/ protein questions, I'm a biologist too Which exam board you taking for biology? I'm doing edexcel, unit 5 exam yesterday, and synoptic on friday! Scary stuff!!

Anyway, I think the big mark question will either be on an experimental technique (i'll go for... colorimetry, they've done recrystallisation and chromatography fairly recently), something to do with steel (sacrificial metal/ BOS production of steel?) or testing out a medicine.

Just writing that has got me paranoid I don't know any of them well enough. Oh god
    do not fear! A whole night lays ahead in which the whole unit can be covered ( I have JUST started revising).

I have bio on fri. About as much fun as facing a firing squad!

ReputationRep:
    im doin aqa biology...................got the synoptic paper for that on friday too which isnt gonna be much fun either, have 2 write a 25 mark essay in it!!!

i really hope this exam is easy 2moro, cos i dont think next tuesday will be for me!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmS)
    im doin aqa biology...................got the synoptic paper for that on friday too which isnt gonna be much fun either, have 2 write a 25 mark essay in it!!!

i really hope this exam is easy 2moro, cos i dont think next tuesday will be for me!lol
    jebus, I thought we had it hard with a 15 mark essay!

ReputationRep:
    do not fear! A whole night lays ahead in which the whole unit can be covered ( I have JUST started revising).

I have bio on fri. About as much fun as facing a firing squad!
    Hehe, I just spent the whole day revising

Seriously, the bio paper on friday (if you're doing unit 6 edexcel) can make or break you so easily... two question from the WHOLE course, followed by a very nastily marked essay question. Its like inviting a mass murderer to the christmas family party! (well... nearly)

Back to chem though, as long as they don't ask for lots of the analysis questions - you know, NMR, Mass Spec and IR Spec. They asked TWO of them in january (********!) and they still end up confusing me in the exams, no matter how hard I study them. "Help me jebus!"

ReputationRep:
    I love those questions!! Don't deprive me of them

I hate extended answers where you have to talk about imfas. Ra!

But most of all, I HATE THE STEEL STORY, electrode potentials etc.. :confused:

(p.s. I have to get an A in bio, and I will completely screw up the synoptic, the thought of it makes me cry! How much have you revised from AS, or have you done any essap preparation?)

ReputationRep:
    i dont suppose any of u guys hav a copy of the jan 2005 paper on your computers?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I just spent the whole day revising

Seriously, the bio paper on friday (if you're doing unit 6 edexcel) can make or break you so easily... two question from the WHOLE course, followed by a very nastily marked essay question. Its like inviting a mass murderer to the christmas family party! (well... nearly)
    ok NOW I'm scared :eek: Evil biology!
    But yes, for those taking the chem exam tomorrow good luck. Thankfully I got 73/90 in June so I really didn't want to have to redo it. In January they asked that horrible question on rust that I just hated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmS)
    i dont suppose any of u guys hav a copy of the jan 2005 paper on your computers?
    I dont, and i dont have a scanner, but it's sitting on my desk! Is there anything particular you wanted to know, or did you want the whole paper/

ReputationRep:
    But most of all, I HATE THE STEEL STORY, electrode potentials etc.. :confused:

(p.s. I have to get an A in bio, and I will completely screw up the synoptic, the thought of it makes me cry! How much have you revised from AS, or have you done any essap preparation?)
    I just had three nervous breakdowns over electrode potentials lol. I purposely left the steel story till last to revise!

I have to get an A in chemistry.. and if i don't improve tomorrow on the exam, that means getting 95/120 on the synoptic next week. Do-able, yes, probable, NO .

25 mark essay sounds incredibly nasty btw for the AQA exam :s

why won't any of this chemistry go in?! argh!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.