Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i had a thought today that no-one will tell me the answer to... on the UCAS form for our choices, can we put 6 choices all for the same course with diff unis, or do we have to put diff courses??????

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can put 6 choices all for the same course with different uni's.

ReputationRep:
    kk thats a relief thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    kk thats a relief thanx
    You're welcome. If you are interested, you can apply to different courses in the same uni too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You're welcome. If you are interested, you can apply to different courses in the same uni too!

ooo never though of othat! may actually do that

ReputationRep:
    ooo never though of othat! may actually do that
    hehe. What courses and universities are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    urm... i really wanna do english lit or possible american lit.... am thinking of applyin to leicester, UEA, Kent, Hertforshire, Warwick

ReputationRep:
    wer do u go???

ReputationRep:
    If you decide to apply to six courses at the same uni, you could actually talk about how good the uni you applied is and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    lol i think they mite get a bit sick of me hough!

ReputationRep:
    lol i think they mite get a bit sick of me hough!
    I don't think so, as you are complimenting them. I know one of my classmates applied to one uni to do a nursing degree. She just said about how impressed she was with the open, the course and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... i think that may occur soon, but atm i cnt decide between about 3 unis

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... i think that may occur soon, but atm i cnt decide between about 3 unis
    Which 3 uni's are they? You could look at the league tables to help you decide though. Don't rely on them too much though. I would recommend you look at the Times university league table.

ReputationRep:
    As I said above in one of my posts, my friend applied to one university doing Midwifery. In her personal statement, she wrote one paragraph about the university's open day and how good it is. You might want to write something like that if you plan to apply to one university with all 6 different courses or something like that. You may also add some stuff to that paragraph as well if you want.

Here is the first paragraph of my friends person statement:

My aim is to become a Midwife and after attending a lecture at 'unviersty XYZ' Open Day I believe that the best route to achieving this aim is to do the three year degree course. The lecturer described this course in detail and it has made me all the more determined to make Midwifery a part of my life.

ReputationRep:
    cool but if you put all your choices as one uni, doesn't that kind of lmit your choices if you are rejected???

ReputationRep:
    cool but if you put all your choices as one uni, doesn't that kind of lmit your choices if you are rejected???
    Yes, you will have limited choices if you are rejected. I don't think all uni's will reject you though. Just apply to a varierty of universities with different entry requirements. If all uni's reject you, you would go through UCAS extra, where you can make extra choices.

ReputationRep:
    well looking at my choices so far, it ranges from AAB to CDD, am more likely to get BBB so hopefully will get accepted somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    well looking at my choices so far, it ranges from AAB to CDD, am more likely to get BBB so hopefully will get accepted somewhere!
    Yes, you will get accepted, don't worry. Just apply 3 uni's that want AAB o ABB, and the other 3 uni's BBB or BBC.

ReputationRep:
    is BBC the lowest should apply to then????

ReputationRep:
    is BBC the lowest should apply to then????
    If you want. It's up to you. :p: If your predicted grades are good, I guess you could apply up to the lowest BBC...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.